Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Family Game Night 4: The Game Show Detailed

• punkyliarpunkyliar295,238
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 14:02
    Kinect enabled family fun

The Hasbro Family Game Night series has been heading further away from traditional board games with each new instalment. Hasbro Family Game Night 2 included Bop It!, although this was never released on the Xbox 360. Hasbro Family Game Night 3 saw the inclusion of Twister, but unfortunately arrived one month too early for Kinect compatibility. It should be of no surprise then that the newly announced Family Game Night 4: The Game Show will have full Kinect compatibility.

The game is based on the Family Game Night show that airs on The Hub television network, and will come with six activities:

Connect 4 Basketball: the winner is the first team to shoot four balls in a row of one colour
    Scrabble Flash: re-arrange tiles to make words - the longer the word, the higher the score
    Sorry! Sliders: achieve a bulls-eye or block your opponents with enormous game pieces
    Bop-It Boptigon: perform the right movement at the right time at an ever increasing pace
    Yahtzee! Bowling: roll giant bowling balls towards the pins for scoring combinations
    Monopoly Crazy Cash Machine: large prizes for the family who emerges triumphant

The gameplay can accommodate two players individually or simultaneously, and offers avatar integration. Players can also customise the length of the game show or set different rules.

Family Game Night 4: The Game Show is due to be released in Autumn / Fall 2011.
  • MatrarchMatrarch1,739,757
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 14:09
    What? A Kinect enabled FGN title and no Twister? Disapponted! ;)

Seriously though, seems like this will be an interesting take on things. Likely will gamefly it at some point!
  • Posted on 04 May 11 at 14:36
    F*ck Game Night! -.- i still want Scrabble in my region!
  • Lil Miss CherryLil Miss Cherry1,018,177
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 14:40
    Oooh sounds fun =)
  • AmendocremAmendocrem30,643
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 15:11
    I live with my mom,so party games aren't apreciated here...
  • SanadaSanada738,379
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 15:35
    Matrarch said:
    What? A Kinect enabled FGN title and no Twister? Disapponted! ;)

Seriously though, seems like this will be an interesting take on things. Likely will gamefly it at some point!
    This! Twister is a total party game. Maybe it's because that would be too tough to have it interact with the ground? Or they really didn't think too much on which games to put in. Still some good choices though.
  • Scoochi2Scoochi2413,384
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 15:37, Edited on 04 May 11 at 15:39 by Scoochi2
    It has a Scrabble based game. I take it that non-US versions will lose out on a game there then?
    Or FGN4 will not be released outside the US at all?

iHeartSlampigs said:
    Matrarch said:
    What? A Kinect enabled FGN title and no Twister?
    This! Twister is a total party game. Maybe it's because that would be too tough to have it interact with the ground?
    I doubt it. Kinect Adventures has a game where you have to plug leaks on the floor by standing on it (or putting some other body part there!).
    Lif is too short.
  • Posted on 04 May 11 at 15:45
    Give us scrabble please.. hate that i cant complete it.. still need those 10 and one other...
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,834
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 15:59
    Definately pass on this one.... unless its ridiculously easy redface
    http://bit.ly/9VPrSA Games i own, want help on any PM me.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 May 11 at 16:09
    Fuck.
  • Posted on 04 May 11 at 16:42
    Connect 4 Basketball? Yahtzee Bowling? Who comes up with these things?
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,102,863
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 17:10
    I loved Family Game Night 3, but this just sounds crap.
  • KrazieKrazie4,113,234
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 18:18
    Hmmmm, sounds pretty interesting. Anything will be better than the atrocity that was FGN3, so bring it on!
  • Posted on 04 May 11 at 19:37
    "Hasbro Family Game Night 3 saw the inclusion of Twister, but unfortunately arrived one month too early for Kinect compatibility"

How is that unfortunate? I liked being able to actually complete the game with competent controls!
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 19:59
    Otilia e Gabita said:
    "Hasbro Family Game Night 3 saw the inclusion of Twister, but unfortunately arrived one month too early for Kinect compatibility"

How is that unfortunate? I liked being able to actually complete the game with competent controls!
    As a Kinect owner, I find it perfectly adequate for the games that I have played so far. I have absolutely no issue with it not recognising what I'm doing at any time.

Like games that use normal controls, some have better systems than others; you can't just tar all of the Kinect games with the same brush. The body tracking on Dance Central is amazing, but is absolutely awful on Sonic Riders. It really depends on the competence of the developer, and not the fact that it's using Kinect.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 May 11 at 20:06
    Ahh, sounds great. Lookin' forward to it, myself.
    Live to Die
  • Posted on 04 May 11 at 20:38
    PunkyLiar said:
    Otilia e Gabita said:

As a Kinect owner, I find it perfectly adequate for the games that I have played so far. I have absolutely no issue with it not recognising what I'm doing at any time.

Like games that use normal controls, some have better systems than others; you can't just tar all of the Kinect games with the same brush. The body tracking on Dance Central is amazing, but is absolutely awful on Sonic Riders. It really depends on the competence of the developer, and not the fact that it's using Kinect.
    You can call me a horrible cynic (and you'd be totally right for doing so), but I honestly can't see Family Game Night 3 with Kinetic falling on the "Dance Central" quality side of Kinetic releases, rather I imagine it would have been battling Fighters Uncaged for the top of that particular heap.
    Posted on 04 May 11 at 21:28
    Otilia e Gabita said:
    PunkyLiar said:
    Otilia e Gabita said:

You can call me a horrible cynic (and you'd be totally right for doing so), but I honestly can't see Family Game Night 3 with Kinetic falling on the "Dance Central" quality side of Kinetic releases, rather I imagine it would have been battling Fighters Uncaged for the top of that particular heap.
    That's fair enough (but you're a horrible cynic wink).

I have to admit that I hope that there's a demo for it so that I can try it out for myself. Although the game sounds fun, if there's any hint of the motion tracking not being too reliable then I'm not going to be purchasing the game. Unfortunately, some developers haven't got body tracking quite right yet and there are too many games that sounded good, but have disappointed on release (Sonic Free Riders, Body & Brain Connection etc).
  • Posted on 04 May 11 at 22:26
    I enjoyed the previous family game night titles I'm hoping this one supports controllers as well
  • Posted on 04 May 11 at 22:37
    BOP IT. TWIST IT. SPIN IT.
    I used to love that game as a kid. :D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads