Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Double XP

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,251
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:11
    As if you really need it

High Moon Stdios have confirmed on their official Facebook page that next weekend, starting Friday July 8th, there will be a double XP weekend for Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

July 8th we're starting a DOUBLE XP weekend for Transformers: Dark of The Moon (Xbox 360, PS3). There I said it, now it has to happen. More news to follow.
    This comes hot on the heels of the news announced earlier this week, that Transformers: War for Cybertron multi-player XP has now been increased to 5x XP forever!

The four multi-player achievements in Transformers: Dark of the Moon quite literally take around two hours to unlock, a far cry from the mammoth journey that was Transformers: War for Cybertron, so be prepared for a very short multi-player experience with double XP.
  • American RNAmerican RN341,397
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:12
    Seems like everyone is doing extra XP events nowadays...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:14, Edited on 01 July 11 at 12:17 by
    So you can now reach class 20 in 10 minutes as apposed to 20 minutes.how exciting laugh

Actually it wasnt 20 minutes, it was more like 30 minutes but still
  • ponypo2001ponypo2001910,331
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:26
    It took me 5 games and I was under the impression I sucked at the MP so with double XP, you'll get it in 2 good matches I reckon. Wow.
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:26
    Good game but needed more players in multiplayer and a dual story like WFC..... Maybe DLC can improve it but i heard that there is no planned DLC as of yet :( BRING IN THE AERIAL BOTS ALREADY!
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:26
    took me around 35 minutes to get all of the multiplayer achievements.i highly doubt ppl have played this game for its multiplayer lol
    H.I.V---{FLTG}---{RiverDale}---C.PECK---{RiverDale}---{FLTG}---H.I.V
  • DragonYenDragonYen951,821
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:30
    Gam3r xUSAx said:
    Seems like everyone is doing extra XP events nowadays...
    And that is a fantastic thing.
    www.dragonyen.com -- DON'T BUY GAMES FROM ATARI
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:50
    The leaderboards said it took me 27 minutes... and I was not good at the game. Double xp is really not needed.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:58
    So is the game any good? I'm still thinking about it.
    Do it!!!
  • RaajTMRaajTM283,324
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 13:15
    Samurai Pepz said:
    So is the game any good? I'm still thinking about it.
    Worth a rental and an easy 1000G. If you enjoyed War for Cybertron it plays and feels similar.

I just rented it and as people have been saying getting to level 20 is pretty quick and I am not even that stellar at MP games. With the extra XP should come in no time!
    www.youtube.com/user/RaajTM
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 13:20
    All these experience events are pretty much the greatest thing ever.
    More companies need to do this, but what a fantastic start in recent time with making sure a ton of different games get the treatment.

I, for one, am extremely happy with this trend, and they should keep it up while upping the ante.
  • MazraelMazrael298,915
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 13:27
    Seems the postman has lost mine.. though good news that multiplayer achievements are short lived.. as I can't hit a broadside of a barn in multiplayer.. yet beat the hardest difficulties in most of my games.. WFC's took too long even with two weekends on 4x XP (I clocked 8 hours play on PS3)
  • Deadly MovesDeadly Moves518,166
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 13:48
    Do enough people play that crap enough for it to warrant a double XP weekend? :o
    Your Blood, My Power
  • Mr DonattiMr Donatti134,463
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 14:09
    LOL already? This game is dead on arrival.
    "Anything is possible!" - Kevin Garnett
  • DragonYenDragonYen951,821
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 14:15
    Mr Donatti said:
    Movie tie-in games generally are. I had some hopes for this one after WfC but obviously it's not that fantastic.
    www.dragonyen.com -- DON'T BUY GAMES FROM ATARI
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 14:22
    Mr Donatti said:
    Deadly Moves said:
    Do enough people play that crap enough for it to warrant a double XP weekend? :o
    I don't understand why people come on a thread of a game just to give it a negative comment? if you don't like the game fine stay away from it then.....
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,718,226
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 14:23
    Halo Wars next?=D Could you some xp multiplier for that game..
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 11 at 14:26
    ROBBERT DHT said:
    Halo Wars next?=D Could you some xp multiplier for that game..
    I second this
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 15:27, Edited on 01 July 11 at 15:31 by iLIKEchicken007
    The Wanderer877 said:
    Mr Donatti said:
    Deadly Moves said:
    I don't understand why people come on a thread of a game just to give it a negative comment? if you don't like the game fine stay away from it then.....
    ^^ You can say that again man.........this wasn't my favorite game but by no means was it a terrible game. I only played the conquest mode online for about 30 mins until I popped the achievements but I actually enjoyed it and when I played I didn't have any trouble finding enough people to play with.

DaveKinetic said:
    so be prepared for a very short multi-player experience with double XP.
    If only I had waited a week could have the online achievements in like 15 minutes instead of 30 lol
  • l DNAngel ll DNAngel l361,677
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 15:29
    Smurfquake said:
    All these experience events are pretty much the greatest thing ever.
    More companies need to do this, but what a fantastic start in recent time with making sure a ton of different games get the treatment.

I, for one, am extremely happy with this trend, and they should keep it up while upping the ante.
    I would have to disagree. This xp even seems like it isn't needed at all and Gears 2 has done it so many times its borderline pathetic. There is always a limit to how much you can throw a bone in multiplayer before you ruin it. Only series that has done it decently is probably CoD. Once every 6 months or so is all thats needed. Let people earn it, not cane it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads