Game Discussion: Dungeon Siege III

[FIXED] Character End Game Achievement Not Unlocking

• RaajTMRaajTM283,277
    Posted on 07 July 11 at 22:55, Edited on 08 July 11 at 05:49 by RaajTM
    [FIXED UPDATE]
    Figure I would keep this up in case someone may have troubles like I did with one of the character end game achievements. In the paragraphs below were the steps I did to try and fix this and they didn't seem to work for me. So I read off the Obsidian forum that someone (credit to Alpha of Obsidian Forums) started a new game with the character they were wanting the achievement for and played up until they had a save point (Pilgrim's Road). Save and exited out and then join a friend or random hosts game for the East Forest/Last Boss and play it regularly that way. Finally the achievement unlocked. So if all other methods don't work, try this one!

Well I have unfortunately come to the end of my rope with this game, I am not able to obtain the Fiery Judgement achievement for some unknown reason. I know there are a few people with this problem, especially those who are playing on their own game, i.e. they are the host and the character specific achievement is not unlocking for them at the end.

I have cleared my cache, joined someone's game from a save point and worked the way to the final boss, joined at an auto-save at the boss, got defeated at the boss on purpose and reloaded the save, changed storage devices and joined someones game, tried joining a random game.. and still nothing. I didn't have these problems with the other characters and I am not sure why this persists on this achievement.

I do have a save file with an Anjali play through I am working on and I doubt that hinders the achievement being unlocked. I got the level 20 with another person's game just fine while having the same save file.

Not sure what to do or even if I should bother playing through myself and beating it that way, seems like only option. Wondering if anyone else has been having the same issues with character specific achievements not unlocking and what remedy worked for them?

EDIT: Deleted my play through and auto-save, (wasn't far into it anyways) cleared the cache again, and restarted the Xbox. Joined a random game again as Anjali and still no achievement. I will just play it through with Anjali then as it doesn't seem to be working for me the quick way. Hopefully this way shall work.
    www.youtube.com/user/RaajTM
  • DeathStarkDeathStark163,974
    Posted on 11 July 11 at 11:38
    I had this problem with Lucas and Anjani. I eventually got them both in someone else's game,
    Not sure what I did different, but I tried to make sure I was active in conversations - always making a choice before P1 could get through the dialogue.

I doubt that's the answer but it's worth a try as before when it wasn't working I didn't bother selecting any dialogue.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 July 11 at 22:50
    Just a quick tip. I was having trouble unlocking Katarina's achievement today. I joined two games both in the final battle and nothing afterward. I cleared my cache, joined another game immediately and it unlocked that time. I hope this helps.
    The sun goes down, and so does she.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 August 11 at 21:21
    didn't work for me and some other party member either :-( GLITCH I did play as Lucas way beyond save point and then in final battle no luck!!!
  • Trout JuiceTrout Juice1,227,486
    Posted on 02 February 13 at 20:06
    I followed the fix that RaajTM used, and it worked like a charm. Thanks!
  • MaliiciousMaliicious633,486
    Posted on 22 August 15 at 03:37
    This method didn't work for me. But as soon as I got a disc copy of the game (which is what the host had) every achievement popped for me without issue. The problem seems to lie in the difference in copy - disc vs digital. If your host has a digital copy then you would need a digital copy as well in order to unlock the character end game achievements. Same goes for disc.
  • AngrymagnoxAngrymagnox1,070,757
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 11:07
    The solution (and indeed all others) did not work for me.
    I had a disc copy. It was originally installed on the the XBox360
    I un-installed it from the XBox360.
    Tried again and my remaining achievement popped without any hassle.
    Credit to Nameless Saint for working this out
    Angrymagnox
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads