Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden NFL 12 Introduces Communities

AuthorMessage
Lexual
Lexual - MS Word is really starting to annoy me. Update, Crash, Update, Freeze, Update, Crash. ArRRrgh!
177,618 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievements Newshound1,272 posts
Last post: 13 Nov at 19:55
Posted on 26 July 11 at 11:25
Let's get together

In an attempt to make the online experience of Madden NFL 12 less frustrating than in previous titles, the people at EA have come up with the idea of Communities.

At its core, Communities is similar to clans in a first person shooter. Madden NFL 12 will allow you and up to 2000 other like-minded gamers to create or join a Community where you can play head-to-head games against each other.Players will have the opportunity to create or join up to five different Communities where games will be ranked on Community Leaderboards; also, individual stats will be tracked and recent game results will be displayed for the Community to see.

On top of that, the creator of a Community will be able to create a set of house rules and be able to change any and all of the game rules to how they see fit.

Whether or not this new system will help reduce the stress of finding good games is yet to be seen, but it is good to see EA trying to improve their online experience.

Madden NFL 12 is due for release on 30th August 2011.

External link: http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/online-communities-detaile...
Posted on 26 July 11 at 11:32
Nice..
Muerte la robo-lución,You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head
blkalleykat
5,624 posts
Last post: 11 Jun 12 at 12:11
Posted on 26 July 11 at 11:38
This clan like feature should draw some interest for the more hardcore Madden players
DisguisedMike
DisguisedMike - Ignorance isn't Bliss
238,447 TrueAchievement Points569 posts
Last post: 13 Aug at 01:41
Posted on 26 July 11 at 13:03
Never been a big sports fan, I think I didn't play any football games since NFL Football '94 on Sega Genesis laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJlq9k0BD1A

It might be a good idea to give Madden NFL 12 a try to see how football games look 18 years later.
TheCadillacKing - "Real gamers never blink...ever!"
89,780 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.4628271 posts
Last post: 16 Nov 12 at 14:29
Posted on 26 July 11 at 13:48
Madden Freaks UNITE!
The King is in the building!
Smurfquake - Well, looks like I'm gonna get kicked off the website. Nice getting to know you all. Find me on Xbox if you'd like.
6,240 comments3,252 posts
Last post: 19 May 12 at 00:36
Posted on 26 July 11 at 13:59
This is a decent idea.
Been eager to try the whole clan thing stuff since Halo 2 was really the only game that utilized it back in the day.
iHeartSlampigs - XB1 mic already broke. Any suggestions for a replacement?
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.239917,172 comments5,489 posts
Last post: 24 Nov at 19:21
Posted on 26 July 11 at 15:57
Smurfquake said:This is a decent idea.
Been eager to try the whole clan thing stuff since Halo 2 was really the only game that utilized it back in the day.
Yeah now clan tags and things like that don't mean much of anything. Though playing BF 2:MC they had a pretty strong involvement of clans as well...now all the Madden try hards can get together and face eachother rather than innocent bystanders like myself who are really just alright at the game. laugh
You seem a little furious...
CrankyBauer24
97,958 TrueAchievement Points1,503 posts
Last post: 10 Sep at 19:04
Posted on 26 July 11 at 18:05
Sounds confusing but thats just me lol
Beachem
Beachem - 109,000 TA for Halo: MCCC [shock]  That game could make the last week of the GTASC interesting if those ratios don't go down much.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 79.47% (Includes owned DLC) - 41 more achievements required to reach 80%177 completed games(Includes owned DLC)6,276 posts
Last post: 24 Nov at 21:26
Posted on 27 July 11 at 22:54
Surprised they didn't do this sooner
ERIKDOTCOM
ERIKDOTCOM - Got the Assassin's Creed Xbox One bundle. Just waiting for the Master Chief Collection to get here now :D
2,063 votes5,130 comments4,549 posts
Last post: 14 Dec 13 at 01:13
Posted on 31 July 11 at 22:43
Beachem said:Surprised they didn't do this soonerSame here. I can't believe it took them this long.
"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russell

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into http://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.