Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New NBA 2K12 Trailer Featuring All 15 Legends

• Posted on 22 August 11 at 23:56
    This IS your daddy's NBA

As you should know by now, NBA 2K12 will feature a full fifteen man roster of some of the all-time greats in the new NBA's Greatest mode. If you missed it, read this to find the full roster which includes stars like Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, and 13 others.

2K Sports has today shown off a new trailer featuring the entire roster of Hall-of-Famers and, I must say, it looks good. Real good. Larry Bird's mustache-good. Kareem's goggles-good. Dr. J's dunk-good. You get the point, right? Check it out for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHnCZsD9txU

With the lockout looming, it's fitting the newest iteration in the 2K series focuses on players and seasons past. This may just be the only basketball available this winter.

NBA 2K12 takes the court on October 4th across North America.
  • iksolokosiksolokos267,191
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 00:09
    This looks sick. Gotta get this one.
    "There's only one return, and that's of the Jedi." -Randal Graves
  • Posted on 23 August 11 at 00:36
    EA must be terrified at the prospect of making a new basketball game!
  • Fluster ZeroFluster Zero798,180
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 00:36
    Q: why do they call it NBA 2K12?
    A: because 2k people will buy this game before it is $12
  • Posted on 23 August 11 at 00:41
    I don't really care for basketball... this game may change that
  • Chris8875Chris8875695,427
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 01:04
    If they get this right it could be the best basketball sim of all time.

Its a big "if" though. Last year's game was great but let down by silly bugs, a God-awful update/patch and real problems with online servers.

Let's hope these issues are fixed up.
  • paddycfc22paddycfc22779,922
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 01:18
    i hope they fix the quiting and give u the win when some gaylord decides to quit
  • Posted on 23 August 11 at 01:53
    With the Legends mode...it really seems like 2K controls the share with the NBA now.
    NBA and MLB for 2K basically, wish EA would at least TRY to make a baseball game.
  • Posted on 23 August 11 at 02:17
    don`t like those sport games... but nice !
  • NastyMastaDaddyNastyMastaDaddy3,794,166
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 03:51
    If this is our daddy's NBA then their should be fighting in the game. Oh the good old days old school NBA. BTW no dunk contest achievement this year please.
    Oh how I loathe thee completion percentage
  • The BanksyThe Banksy50,975
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 04:31
    The NHL has a better breed of legends
  • Buster8unnyBuster8unny470,724
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 04:56
    Smurfquake said:
    With the Legends mode...it really seems like 2K controls the share with the NBA now.
    NBA and MLB for 2K basically, wish EA would at least TRY to make a baseball game.
    2K has an exclusive deal with MLB, so EA can't make any baseball games (it's a third-party exclusive deal which is why Sony can make them and not EA).

As for NBA, I'm still curious as to why EA axed their Live series to suddenly, although NBA Elite is returned next year.

As for this game, it just looks sweet. I might have to pick it up.
  • GuruThaGreatGuruThaGreat1,241,490
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 05:16
    I hope a majority of the achievements focus on the Greatest mode. If I get this game that will be what I play most of the time. You have to love the legends.
  • Posted on 23 August 11 at 11:24
    Nice to see the legends after all these years
  • Posted on 23 August 11 at 12:29
    Can't wait to fire down some Chris Mullin 3's with Run TMC, dominate inside with Chamberlain, and thread some passes with Larry Legend. NBA 2K12 is upping the stakes after a ridiculously good game last year.
  • Steve RedmanSteve Redman1,697,223
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 13:58
    2K easily has won the Basketball match up since the original 2K game back in 2000 on the Dreamcast the EA people need to stop with their stupid EA stick crap and the same old washed up gameplay from their Live series.

Going to be getting this one love the legends just wish it had more of them
  • Posted on 23 August 11 at 15:58
    A couple years back they had a quickie XBLA tie-in - complete with achievements - I wonder if they will do that for this game, too
    Thirsty for more!
  • ConverseConverse7,838
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 16:51
    Must buy
    im-prez-o
  • LP Tato BRLP Tato BR478,482
    Posted on 23 August 11 at 18:26
    Need it.
    First brazilian to do 200/200 on Trials HD.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM111,609
    Posted on 23 October 11 at 03:08
    I have to say, this may be the first time in five years that I buy a new sports game. Legends mode seems to be the new Horde.
    "War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads