Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Coming To The 360

AuthorMessage
Dog of Thunder - $4,544 raised for Extra-Life. Team TA will obliterate the $5k goal.
TrueAchievements Community Events OrganizerTrueAchievements Newshound4,506 posts
Last post: 07 Oct 13 at 17:06
Posted on 01 September 11 at 13:27
Carl Clover's dad can beat up your dad

For those that are not scholars of Arc System Works fighting game series, BlazBlue, here is a quick primer of the order they belong in: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger is first, followed by BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift picked up the story where Calamity Trigger ended and introduced eight new characters, seven of them were playable either out of the box or through DLC, leaving one character out in the cold.

Why is this important? Well, Arc System Works have officially announced that BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is coming to the Xbox 360. In addition to the standard balance fixes for all characters, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend introduces the following new features:

New rules for online play, including 2 on 2, 3 on 3 and 2 on 4 battles
Updated Abyss mode
Improved key recording in training mode
The high difficulty 10 stage Unlimited Mars mode from the arcade version
Inclusion of all the paid Continuum Shift download content
Four new scenarios for story mode
Inclusion of a refined version of BlazBlue Calamity Trigger's story mode, with all new voice acting
The eighth character introduced in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Relius Clover, will also be playable. If you only played the first title, that name will ring a bell or two. Relius Clover is Carl Clover's dad, oh and he's also the one responsible for building the Murakumo units causing all the havoc.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MYZU131mQDA/TlzMECfs9GI/AAAAA....jpg
http://gematsu.com/gallery/blazblue-continuum-shift-ext....jpg
http://videogamewriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/....jpg

As of now, Arc System Works have not announced whether or not BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend will be another retail game or a DLC add-on. I would plan on this being another $40 retail release with more content being announced later at the Tokyo Game Show.

External link: http://www.blazblue.com/

Credit goes to Hustlinonradio for this story
SereneMidnight - Welp... Guess I'm stuck without playing Watch_Dogs for a while. The game decided to reset all of my skills...
8 completed games(Includes owned DLC)89,015 TrueAchievement Points139 posts
Last post: 20 Jul at 09:25
Posted on 01 September 11 at 13:30
Well, another reason to spend time in CS.
superallyno1
superallyno1
95,515 TrueAchievement PointsDonated to TrueAchievements.com189 posts
Last post: 26 Jun 12 at 22:45
Posted on 01 September 11 at 13:44
The 2 on 2 sounds good, as well everything else. Not really interested in Relius Clover (or carl for that matter) or another stupid doll.
lord maiden - shotgun diplomacy
191,750 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Site Rank: 9,223 out of 242,68680 posts
Last post: 01 Jan 12 at 17:24
Posted on 01 September 11 at 13:50
i hope that some sort of this will be dlc for CS as i don't want to pay another £30 for a game and dlc characters i have already paid for before. if they did it like capcom did with AE, that would be good. kinda doubt it though.
Posted on 01 September 11 at 13:54
is this a series or something
"For man had succeeded in destroying the world, but War. War never changes. Since the dawn of human
Hey Retto
Hey Retto - I can't wait for Dark Souls 2!!!
144,219 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 53.32% (Includes owned DLC) - 57 more achievements required to reach 54%230 posts
Last post: 07 Jun 13 at 00:00
Posted on 01 September 11 at 14:10
Very cool, if its not dlc that would because I just bought the game a week ago.
Retto
HUstlinonradio - Having to stretch my ethernet cable across rooms makes it difficult to play online for long periods
143,199 TrueAchievement Points1,288 posts
Last post: 19 Jul at 01:08
Posted on 01 September 11 at 14:17
It is most likely going to be DLC for existing CS owners. Remember CS2? All of the updates that came with that game were free and you could just pay for the characters individually. So it should be the same thing here
Dog of Thunder - $4,544 raised for Extra-Life. Team TA will obliterate the $5k goal.
TrueAchievements Community Events OrganizerTrueAchievements Newshound4,506 posts
Last post: 07 Oct 13 at 17:06
Posted on 01 September 11 at 14:20
Hustlinonradio said:It is most likely going to be DLC for existing CS owners. Remember CS2? All of the updates that came with that game were free and you could just pay for the characters individually. So it should be the same thing hereAs a CS owner, I hope so.

The new story mode from CT is what worries me about that, as they're talking a lot of things already and more to come at the TGS.
Reaver Liem
Reaver Liem - Got an Xbox One and a Windows Phone now. So awesome :D
Achievement Completion Percentage: 51.90% (Includes owned DLC) - 6 more achievements required to reach 52%53 completed games(Includes owned DLC)235 posts
Last post: 24 Sep 13 at 01:17
Posted on 01 September 11 at 14:30, Edited on 01 September 11 at 14:31 by Reaver Liem
damn wish i would of found my copy of continuum shift sooner or hopefully they make it dlc i really dont want the other game altho id probably still buy it
.:REAVER LIEM:.
Bigli Mezzana
61,128 TrueAchievement Points58 posts
Last post: 06 Apr 12 at 15:38
Posted on 01 September 11 at 15:30
Even if it did hit retail over here in the UK it'd be extremely cheap. Got CS Limited Edition on release for less than £20 and have never seen it any higher except in the ripoff store otherwise known as Blockbuster.
KanjiKoka
KanjiKoka - To be free...what a feeling.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 90.12% (Includes owned DLC) - 54 more achievements required to reach 91%Registered on 13 January 2010 (Year 2 - beta)1,678 posts
Last post: 20 Jul at 14:20
Posted on 01 September 11 at 15:44
"Capcom's doing it...!"

And from that statement we get...this.

Been wanting to jump into this for a while now, but it seems they are a bit confused with their own product. Much like Capcom.
Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
OfficerBarbrady - I thought I'd have like 20 games at the most to dive but apparently I have 47. This might take a while.
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.820519 reviews2,520 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 21:55
Posted on 01 September 11 at 15:58
DivinexFallout said:is this a series or somethingNo the game doesnt exist. This article is a figment of your imagination.
When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
InvidiaViribus
120 posts120 posts120 posts
Last post: 27 Aug 12 at 21:32
Posted on 01 September 11 at 16:17
I can't tell if it's going to be a retail, dlc, or both. I prefer both so nobody cries about it and there's already enough space taken up by previous dlc without the entire CT story and other updates.
TaygetaVendetta - Pinball FX 2 on Xbox One later this month. No discount or transfers from 360 version, but still excited.
434,846 TrueAchievement Points82 posts
Last post: 19 Jul at 18:33
Posted on 01 September 11 at 16:22
If its yet another retail release, pass. It took me two releases to figure out how poor Blazblue really is, especially after going back and playing some Guilty Gear recently.
KitsuneChaos - Do not own an Xbox anymore.
TrueAchievements Pro user706 posts
Last post: 12 Nov 13 at 16:47
Posted on 01 September 11 at 17:04
"Inclusion of all the paid Continuum Shift download content"

The only part that made me sad.
Honestly, I don't play the games as much as I collect them anymore; as of a month or two ago, I'd actually purchased both games on both the PS3 and Xbox (with the intent of a GfWL download for my computer as well) -- so if anything, I'd probably just purchase this, just to purposely let it sit on my shelf. Just like my copies of Record of Agarest War/Zero, Nier, Enslaved, and about 70 other games I don't feel like naming at the moment. >>;
Subtle Villainy
241,871 TrueAchievement Points19 posts
Last post: 04 Jun 12 at 11:32
Posted on 01 September 11 at 17:54
People seem pretty hostile to fighting game revisions being retail releases rather than DLC. Their value for money beats the hell out of most games IMO. SSFIV cost me £18 and I've played it for about 600 hours.

I don't think it's just greed from the companies. It's way more attractive a proposal to buy one product with everything you need to get started; that you've read recent reviews of or seen in store. Rather than buying a year old game and figuring out which DLC you want to buy in addition. That's how I got started in Super.
Digimon Rage
Digimon Rage - BELLS, FROGS, BIGS CHERRIES, PETER PAN, MAGIC CHEESE. SEPHIROTH!
122,415 TrueAchievement Points108 posts
Last post: 03 Nov 12 at 08:15
Posted on 01 September 11 at 18:57
The team-based fighting sounds cool. Not so hyped about Relius; wasn't much a fan of Carl or his damn puppet.
I'm just wondering what they'll do for buffs and nerfs in this update.
joe jirachi fan - http://www.backloggery.com/TheYukiverse This is what will get me back into gaming; I'm not gone for good :P
Achievement Completion Percentage: 62.90% (Includes owned DLC) - 6 more achievements required to reach 63%85 solutions321 posts
Last post: 02 Jan 13 at 14:43
Posted on 01 September 11 at 21:30
Carl sucks, and so will Relius. But, while I normally don't mind it being released as a whole new game (I'll get UMvC3 and DR2:OtR most likely), I only got BB:CS a little while ago, kinda hoping there'll be some sort of DLC for this....
Can't anybody help me with Bubble Bobble Neo? :/
Erunion
Erunion - Why the hell am I bothering with the Bean Dive this year? I never recovered from last year!
74,105 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 34.63% (Includes owned DLC) - 32 more achievements required to reach 35%476 posts
Last post: 08 Jul at 02:14
Posted on 01 September 11 at 21:51
If nothing else, this news has provided me the motivation I needed to start Calamity Trigger. facepalm
Beachem
Beachem - So how do I get the Destiny beta?  I registered my code on bungie.net
Achievement Completion Percentage: 81.63% (Includes owned DLC) - 27 more achievements required to reach 82%171 completed games(Includes owned DLC)6,200 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 16:50
Posted on 01 September 11 at 22:50
Meh, I'll definitely pass on this. New character does look pretty badass though.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into http://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.