Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Batman Arkham City PC Delayed Again

• LexualLexual401,212
  • ErunionErunion229,671
    Posted on 09 November 11 at 17:33
    And still no explanation as to why...

I'm not planning on playing the PC version, but this still annoys me on behalf of those who are.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,541,686
    Posted on 09 November 11 at 17:41
    My walkthrough for Arkham City should be finished by then, hopefully.
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 17:51
    Sucks for the PC players! Sorry guys.
    I aim to misbehave!
  • ProSamO7ProSamO7136,107
    Posted on 09 November 11 at 17:55
    feel nothing for them. PC may have better graphics on certain games but we get them early .
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 18:00
    Damn it. I've been waiting so long for this. I bought the game on steam 2 months ago grrrrr
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 18:14
    This is getting bad, but honestly it's one of those times where it doesn't bug me big time because I know it'll be worth it.
    http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/Mudkip.png
  • GoldnfoxxGoldnfoxx284,670
    Posted on 09 November 11 at 18:24
    Arkham City is, at least in my own opinion, one of the best console games ever released. It's totally worth the wait, especially if the extra week is a result of them making sure they have it bug free and ready to go at launch.
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 18:26
    That sucks sorry PC players
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 18:34
    Erunion said:
    And still no explanation as to why...

I'm not planning on playing the PC version, but this still annoys me on behalf of those who are.
    T he extra time is due to them taking advantage of Dx11 and physX. I'm glad they are taking the time. I'm not done with bf3 or gears yet anyway.
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 18:40
    This makes me horny
  • GR4V1G0R3GR4V1G0R3250,783
    Posted on 09 November 11 at 18:42
    hmm, nice, will give me time to play serious sam 3 :D, a whole 2/3 days (unless i buy from steam, where they dont do regional release dates, only the US dates)

actually, i'm skint having to buy almost a full new PC, this will have to wait until mid december aat least
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 19:39
    XxBlueRecon84xX said:
    This makes me horny
    You need a serious check on yourself if this turns you on! Cause in what way could this turn you on O.o?
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 November 11 at 19:43
    But will it have both Steam and Live achievements?
  • THEpaynexkillerTHEpaynexkiller1,502,825
    Posted on 09 November 11 at 19:49
    Jyejitsu said:
    XxBlueRecon84xX said:
    This makes me horny
    You need a serious check on yourself if this turns you on! Cause in what way could this turn you on O.o?
    Trolled.

Pre-Ordered this for achievements.. But its out the same week as WWE 12.. Canceling..
    The new and improved.
  • Tandar1Tandar12,436,283
    Posted on 09 November 11 at 20:05, Edited on 09 November 11 at 20:05 by Tandar1
    LOL WWE12 > Batman:AC???

Are you crazy?
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 20:43
    fuzzyGURU said:
    They always do. check the system requirements in steam
  • Posted on 09 November 11 at 22:17
    fuzzyGURU said:
    Yup it's been confirmed a while back in September with the box art having Games for Windows Live branding. And if purchased through steam it's a requirement on their page to have to install the gfwl client.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,098
    Posted on 09 November 11 at 23:37, Edited on 09 November 11 at 23:38 by Ahayzo
    blkalleykat said:
    fuzzyGURU said:
    Yup it's been confirmed a while back in September with the box art having Games for Windows Live branding. And if purchased through steam it's a requirement on their page to have to install the gfwl client.
    That's where people are getting confused though, and Rocksteady needs to make a statement. They said that only Retail will use GFWL and only Steam will use Steamworks. But the Steam page, like you mentioned, clearly states a connection to GFWL is required. So, was there a misstatement in Rocksteady's original claim, or what?

What Rocksteady said
    Retail = GFWL
    Steam = Steamworks

What it appears to be
    Retail = GFWL
    Steam = Steamworks / GFWL

I'm hoping it's the latter, because I rarely -- if ever -- buy retail for my PC games anymore, it's 99% Steam, so I would like to get it there if I could for my achievements. Especially since it's $10 off there for anyone who owns a Steam copy of Lego Batman, Arkham Asylum, or Arkham Asylum GOTY

Mstrofdashadows said:
    They always do? What always does what? GFWL have Steam and GFW achievements? If this does as it appears, regardless of what Rocksteady may have incorrectly claimed, this will be the first time. Never have you been able to get Steam and GFWL achievements from the same game, unless you had both the Steam copy and a GFWL digital copy -- games like Where's Waldo where the Steam used Steamworks, GFW used GFWL.
  • Posted on 10 November 11 at 00:44
    alklein92201 said:
    blkalleykat said:
    fuzzyGURU said:
    That's where people are getting confused though, and Rocksteady needs to make a statement. They said that only Retail will use GFWL and only Steam will use Steamworks. But the Steam page, like you mentioned, clearly states a connection to GFWL is required. So, was there a misstatement in Rocksteady's original claim, or what?

What Rocksteady said
    Retail = GFWL
    Steam = Steamworks

What it appears to be
    Retail = GFWL
    Steam = Steamworks / GFWL

I'm hoping it's the latter, because I rarely -- if ever -- buy retail for my PC games anymore, it's 99% Steam, so I would like to get it there if I could for my achievements. Especially since it's $10 off there for anyone who owns a Steam copy of Lego Batman, Arkham Asylum, or Arkham Asylum GOTY

Mstrofdashadows said:
    They always do? What always does what? GFWL have Steam and GFW achievements? If this does as it appears, regardless of what Rocksteady may have incorrectly claimed, this will be the first time. Never have you been able to get Steam and GFWL achievements from the same game, unless you had both the Steam copy and a GFWL digital copy -- games like Where's Waldo where the Steam used Steamworks, GFW used GFWL.
    IT WILL HAVE ACHIEVEMENTS FROM STEAM AND GFWL. you're making it much harder than it should be. and to clarify the "they always do" statement. in steam if it says "requires GFWL client" then it always has live and steam achievements. and rocksteadys statement is not false because steamworks games can have live achievements as well you just need to run steam and gfwl client in the background. Don't over think things so much (not trying to be rude)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads