Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

GFWL DLC Roundup: November 22nd, 2011

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar - Sorry but I don't accept random friend requests. My friends list is kept to people who I know.
TrueAchievements News ManagerTrueAchievements Pro user18,419 posts
Last post: Today at 12:44
Posted on 22 November 11 at 22:44
Robin is a cosplay warrior

Batman: Arkham City (PC) is releasing this week, and Microsoft has released the "Robin Bundle Pack" DLC to go with it. The game page on TrueAchievements seems to suggest that there may not be achievements for this DLC. If there are achievements, the problem will be that they are yet to be added to Xbox.com, so I would suggest holding off from earning them for a little while. The Xbox 360 version does have two extra achievements worth a total of 50G.

Download the fully playable Robin character. Robin comes complete with his own unique gadgets and special moves, and is playable in all challenge maps in the game, as well as two additional challenge maps that are included with the pack: Black Mask and Freight Train. The Freight Train Escape challenge map is a unique take on Arkham City, featuring brawler gameplay on a 2D plane. The pack also contains two bonus character skins: Red Robin and Animated Robin.The GFWL "Robin Bundle Pack" costs $6.99 / £4.75 and can be downloaded from here. Batman: Arkham City (PC) released today in North America and will be released on November 25th in Europe.

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (PC) carries on the trend of receiving Frank West's skill packs a week behind the game's Xbox 360 counterpart. However, with this week not yielding any DLC for the Xbox 360, this is likely to be the last that we’ll see for a while. This week sees the release of the "COSPLAY WARRIOR Skills Pack" on the PC platform, and it doesn't bring any achievements with it.

Bring out Frank's inner nerd and become a COSPLAY WARRIOR to increase PP generation and gain special attacks when using the practice sword and shield. Inspired by MMORPG players and geeks all over the world who dress up as their favorite characters in armor made out of cardboard, this skill set will have you hitting that level cap in no time! Includes: 1) Cardboard Helmet 2) Monster Facepaint 3) Cardboard Armor 4) Cardboard Boots Skill Pack Bonuses: * Increases PP generation by 25%! * Every attack gives extra PP! * Special "warrior" style attacks using the practice sword and shield!The "COSPLAY WARRIOR Skills Pack" costs $1.99 / £1.35 and can be downloaded from here.
alklein92201
alklein92201 - Halo 2 LASO is now possible in MCC. I might actually make my goal of doing all 4 within six months
Achievement Completion Percentage: 40.88% (Includes owned DLC) - 26 more achievements required to reach 41%7,674 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 14:10
Posted on 22 November 11 at 23:10, Edited on 22 November 11 at 23:20 by alklein92201
The Robin DLC does have achievements, I just checked my list in game, but Xbox.com still just shows the base 1000. Since the Robin achievements didn't appear until I went to the main menu and it loaded the DLC, same with the Nightwing DLC.

Robin and Nightwing both have 50g each, 25g for completing all medals in the ranked maps for Arkham City and the respective DLC with the right character, and another 25g for completing all medals in the campaign maps for Arkham City and the respective DLC with the right character.

A note for those that are wondering, I've seen a few people confused -- On the PC version, the achievement list is a little different. From what I can tell, the achievements are the same, but for different values. Catwoman is part of the base 1000 points, since PC used sales are virtually non-existant in the mainstream, so it's included in the game as opposed to a pass like the console counterpart
SmokingBmbr465 - Lawbringer lvl 20: Moxie's Vibrating Laser...everything dies.
97,728 TrueAchievement Points371 posts
Last post: 28 Jul at 15:38
Posted on 23 November 11 at 00:05
Its not an online pass, its a free DLC code.

Yes it DOES make a difference.
blkalleykat
5,624 posts
Last post: 11 Jun 12 at 12:11
Posted on 23 November 11 at 02:01
I'll have to pick up Batman on the PC sometime when it's cheaper. Doing the challenge rooms another 4 times for the full gamer score is draining
alklein92201
alklein92201 - Halo 2 LASO is now possible in MCC. I might actually make my goal of doing all 4 within six months
Achievement Completion Percentage: 40.88% (Includes owned DLC) - 26 more achievements required to reach 41%7,674 posts
Posted on 23 November 11 at 02:25
SmokingBmbr465 said:Its not an online pass, its a free DLC code.

I didn't call it an online pass, I called it a pass. Because Rocksteady calls it a pass. So that's what it is. A free DLC code is correct too, but yes it's a pass.
sm182
sm182 - Just had to delete a ton of people off my friendslist to get NfS: Undercover to load
Achievement Completion Percentage: 96.40% (Includes owned DLC) - 69 more achievements required to reach 97%305 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,001 posts
Last post: 12 Nov at 23:43
Posted on 23 November 11 at 10:48
SmokingBmbr465 said:Its not an online pass, its a free DLC code.

If the Catwoman achievements are part of the main 1000 list now then it's part of the game and not DLC.
alklein92201
Posted on 23 November 11 at 15:28
sm182 said:SmokingBmbr465 said:Its not an online pass, its a free DLC code.

If the Catwoman achievements are part of the main 1000 list now then it's part of the game and not DLC.
I think he was referring to the console version, I said Catwoman was downloaded with a pass. In the PC, it's not even a code. It's automatically unlocked ondisc due to a virtually nonexistant used market for PC games
I TRU RELIG1ON - THANKYOU BABY I NOW HAVE AN XBOXONE!!!!!
101,767 TrueAchievement PointsDonated to TrueAchievements.com818 posts
Last post: 27 Jun at 18:29
Posted on 23 November 11 at 17:10, Edited on 23 November 11 at 17:10 by I TRU RELIG1ON
i dont care what it is expensive at 480 mspoints or 420 even i wont be buying it till a price drop is in place!!!!
gaming for fun!!!!!
DragonFangDan - Apparently did too much achieving in Halo tonight with Techie. We ended up crashing the game several times.
98,668 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 88.73% (Includes owned DLC) - 9 more achievements required to reach 89%189 posts
Last post: 11 Nov at 18:59
Posted on 23 November 11 at 17:43
sorry, but they ask way to much for barely even being able to do anything with Robin and Nightwing. I'm happy to wait until they go on 50% off or better
iHeartSlampigs - Resi HD stream for anybody interested. http://www.twitch.tv/carcinogensda
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.240917,209 comments5,490 posts
Last post: Today at 02:58
Posted on 23 November 11 at 19:18
From what I remember the Robin character looks pretty badass, though from what I've heard these DLC characters don't handle nearly as well as Batman. I'll just wait on a bundle pack or something of the sort. If not, a sale on the DLC.
You seem a little furious...