GTASC 2012 Forum

Forum for the "GTASC 2012" leaderboards

GTASC 2012 Discussion & Weekly Roundups

AuthorMessage
planting42
planting42 - http://www.trueachievements.com/contestteam.aspx?teamid=249 - GTASC 2014 - 22nd
TrueAchievements Community Events Organizer88 solutions4,119 posts
Last post: Today at 10:34
Posted on 01 January 12 at 12:12
Announcing the 2nd Annual Great TrueAchievement Score Challenge

That's right gamers, I plan on making this an annual event. Meet and beat your fellow TA community members in a nearly year-long friendly competition - with prizes! It is a double elimination contest meaning each week, the 2 lowest scoring teams will be eliminated. Scores are calculated weekly, so it will take constant effort each week to keep your team safe. With 5 members this year less stress will be on each individual - allowing more leeway for work, family or other 'real life' events.

The competition will start at midnight Eastern (5 am GMT) on Sunday, January 1st, 2012. At that time, each Gamertags current TrueAchievement score will be captured and the competition will begin.

The competition will be comprised of 100 teams with 5 Gamertags within each team.
* The teams that finish in the top 5 in the previous years' GTASC are given an automatic entry for themselves and 3 more patsy's to round out their team. (Provisions will be made if Team Disposable Income wishes to defend their title.)
* 4 teams will be chosen by the host team - which is also competing.
* 90 teams will be chosen at random from the eligible entrants.

Prerequisites for entry:

1. Teams must be comprised of 5 Gamertags.
2. Each Gamertag must have been registered on TrueAchievements for a minimum of 12 months OR show at least a 1 year tenure on Xbox.com.
3. Each Gamertag must have a TrueAchievement score of at least 25,000 as of the time they apply. (November 1st - 15th)
4. The total TrueAchievement score for the team must not exceed 1,500,000 (1.5 Million) as of the time they apply.
5. Each team shall submit a video or short bio describing their team. Be creative, express yourself. This is intended as a community event, it's nice to know who we're playing with smile

We are asking for a team video or a biography of your team so we can learn more about the gamers we are about to spend 40-odd weeks with. The 4 teams that will be chosen by the host team will be picked from the most creative of these team videos.

Each team should elect a Team Captain. Once you are ready to submit your application, only the Team Captain should register their team here:

http://www.gtasc.net/signup.php

Please follow the instructions on the sign up page so we can add your team info into the pool. Once the Team Captain fills in the form and the application is accepted, it will give you a sign up link that must be given to each team member. The link will ask each team member to change their status on TA so we can verify that all members listed are indeed competing. Each team member must follow this step or the application will not be processed. If for some reason you loose your team verification link, please contact DragonYen and he can find it for you.

Check the contest rules here: GTASC 2012 Rules

Yes, we have prizes! This list will change as more prizes are added or the current ones are changed due to donations. See what we're offering here: GTASC 2012 Prizes

If you have any questions, please direct them to planting42 via a message on TrueAchievements.
www.GTASC.net
ShadowMonkey987 - Don't know whether I should start on my GFWL Games. I've got quite a few to do.
52 completed games(Includes owned DLC)167,385 TrueAchievement Points865 posts
Last post: 31 Aug 13 at 21:11
Posted on 01 January 12 at 12:52
My only gripe (It's a minor gripe though) with this Competition is the 'You have to have a Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription'

I don't understand why that has to be there. You can still have a 'Free Xbox LIVE Account' (I liked it more when it was classed as a 'Silver Xbox LIVE Account') and still gain Achievements online. The only things you can't access are the Features available to Gold Members. Your profile will still be scanned by TA.

Unless you have it so Gold Accounts are scanned more than Free Accounts.

I don't want to get into an argument over this. I'd just like an answer as to why we must keep our Gold Accounts.

Shadow.
planting42
planting42 - http://www.trueachievements.com/contestteam.aspx?teamid=249 - GTASC 2014 - 22nd
Posted on 01 January 12 at 13:24
Like I've been explaining to a few others:

Paying for your account is a deterrent against cheating, running multiple accounts, and an added advantage for your team as they can join you in party chat.

We used this as a baseline for last year's GTASC and I feel it is needed again this year.
www.GTASC.net
Chunkeh Munkeh - Great. found a glitch in D4 at the start of Ep 2...stuck in Davids room, if I leave I get a black screen. Dammit.
51 solutionsSite Helper980 posts
Last post: Today at 11:26
Posted on 03 January 12 at 14:19
This is the place to discuss the whole event right? So i'll kick it off then...anyone know why the Gaming Desperados have scored so highly in week 1 already (as have other teams)? seems strange to score so much so early on.
planting42
Posted on 03 January 12 at 14:26
There is a prize offered for the highest scoring individual of week 1 - a copy of Kinect Sports - but I don't understand why I've seen http://www.trueachievements.com/Avatar-The-Burning-Eart....htm and Fallout 3 (PC) already.
www.GTASC.net
Chunkeh Munkeh - Great. found a glitch in D4 at the start of Ep 2...stuck in Davids room, if I leave I get a black screen. Dammit.
Posted on 03 January 12 at 15:50
Yeh it confused me a bit....maybe some of the higher scoring teams haven't been in long scoring competitions before
Will072
Will072
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.2697Achievement Completion Percentage: 77.74% (Includes owned DLC) - 17 more achievements required to reach 78%8,737 posts
Last post: 27 Jan at 23:36
Posted on 03 January 12 at 19:25, Edited on 03 January 12 at 19:25 by Will072
They seem to have gone way too wild too soon from what I can see.

This contest is definitely a marathon.
x Tricky x
x Tricky x - Since the recent change to the price for the xbox one, i might get it afterall.
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 2,100 out of 255,296349,280 TrueAchievement Points485 posts
Last post: 23 May at 01:10
Posted on 04 January 12 at 05:36
I honestly dont see them lasting long if they keep pulling out easy games in the early weeks.
The Mooks are taking over-GTASC 2012
The Machine MRG - 1513 in favour and 3 against. Couldn't be any clearer, Argentina. Now stop whinging
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 3,760 out of 255,296102 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,091 posts
Last post: 05 Mar at 16:20
Posted on 04 January 12 at 12:27
Loving the competition so far. I thought i was an above average whore but there are some serious 'pro's' out there. Its making me think about what and more importantly when to start a new game. I didnt do this before, i just started as soon as id got my hands on it. Different way of gaming for me but i do like it.
Th34lb1n0k1d
Th34lb1n0k1d - When it's time to party we will party hard!
Achievement Completion Percentage: 96.38% (Includes owned DLC) - 55 more achievements required to reach 97%175 completed games(Includes owned DLC)915 posts
Last post: 06 Oct at 19:07
Posted on 04 January 12 at 20:34
x Tricky x said:I honestly dont see them lasting long if they keep pulling out easy games in the early weeks.Pretty sure they haven't realised that your score gets wiped to ~zero after every week and think they are currently winning by several thousand, as opposed to simply being almost 20k clear of elimination! Not to seem rude or controversial, but the "clan" tags they have pretty much marks them out as the kind of people who won't read the rules properly wink
Posted on 04 January 12 at 22:24
The Machine MRG said:Loving the competition so far. I thought i was an above average whore but there are some serious 'pro's' out there. Its making me think about what and more importantly when to start a new game. I didnt do this before, i just started as soon as id got my hands on it. Different way of gaming for me but i do like it.Welcome to scoring GS / TA points competitively. I've held back on more than a handful of easy games for this and a few other comps I'm in on other sites since about October.

I'm extremely thankful for the slow start to the competition as I've managed to be able to start playing FFXIII and not worry about our team getting eliminated dance
DarthGoose13
DarthGoose13 - Saints Row IV is broke and Deep Silver are fucking useless.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 58.24% (Includes owned DLC) - 134 more achievements required to reach 59%235 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,052 posts
Last post: 15 Oct at 19:20
Posted on 05 January 12 at 00:21
Th34lb1n0k1d said:x Tricky x said:I honestly dont see them lasting long if they keep pulling out easy games in the early weeks.Pretty sure they haven't realised that your score gets wiped to ~zero after every week and think they are currently winning by several thousand, as opposed to simply being almost 20k clear of elimination! Not to seem rude or controversial, but the "clan" tags they have pretty much marks them out as the kind of people who won't read the rules properly winkWe'll have to see if any of them complain after the end of this week.
What the brown?
Mystic Typh00n - Green Day's Dookie Album FC'd on Expert Vocals. 6/10 difficulty wise.
TrueAchievements Walkthrough SupervisorTrueAchievements Reported Content Evaluator5,346 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 22:11
Posted on 05 January 12 at 06:19
Will072 said:They seem to have gone way too wild too soon from what I can see.

This contest is definitely a marathon.
Slow and steady wins the race.

Until we get closer to the end where, slow and steady will get you eliminated.
How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
Mr J1m
Mr J1m - http://xbx.lv/15kFTfp - Well that's the console war over! Game, set and match to M$. Discount too???
Achievement Completion Percentage: 80.58% (Includes owned DLC) - 37 more achievements required to reach 81%274,428 TrueAchievement Points416 posts
Last post: 14 Jun 13 at 15:51
Posted on 05 January 12 at 11:36
I'm really pleased with the slow start, as I'm currently having broadband installation issues and until they get sorted my team is effectively a 4 man effort. However they are doing a sterling job of keeping us in the running so far. We'll be devastating by the time I'm back on live, hopefully only another week to wait!

Thanks guys - btw.
LitaOsiris
LitaOsiris - Anyone up for some Forza Horizon 2 MP this weekend?
TrueAchievements Game Info EditorTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.89555,643 posts
Last post: 09 Oct at 20:43
Posted on 05 January 12 at 11:52, Edited on 05 January 12 at 11:54 by LitaOsiris
DarthGoose13 said:Th34lb1n0k1d said:x Tricky x said:I honestly dont see them lasting long if they keep pulling out easy games in the early weeks.Pretty sure they haven't realised that your score gets wiped to ~zero after every week and think they are currently winning by several thousand, as opposed to simply being almost 20k clear of elimination! Not to seem rude or controversial, but the "clan" tags they have pretty much marks them out as the kind of people who won't read the rules properly winkWe'll have to see if any of them complain after the end of this week.Unless they're in another competition? I remember last year a team went mad on points one particular week but that was because they were participating in something else at that time.

If not...wow, but I'm still happy they're wasting points wink

planting42 said:There is a prize offered for the highest scoring individual of week 1 - a copy of Kinect Sports - but I don't understand why I've seen http://www.trueachievements.com/Avatar-The-Burning-Eart....htm and Fallout 3 (PC) already.Maybe so but to me it's not really worth burning through all of your games for a single game. It's going to be worse for the people who just miss out.
Th34lb1n0k1d
Th34lb1n0k1d - When it's time to party we will party hard!
Achievement Completion Percentage: 96.38% (Includes owned DLC) - 55 more achievements required to reach 97%175 completed games(Includes owned DLC)915 posts
Last post: 06 Oct at 19:07
Posted on 05 January 12 at 18:21
LitaOsiris said:DarthGoose13 said:Th34lb1n0k1d said:x Tricky x said:I honestly dont see them lasting long if they keep pulling out easy games in the early weeks.Pretty sure they haven't realised that your score gets wiped to ~zero after every week and think they are currently winning by several thousand, as opposed to simply being almost 20k clear of elimination! Not to seem rude or controversial, but the "clan" tags they have pretty much marks them out as the kind of people who won't read the rules properly winkWe'll have to see if any of them complain after the end of this week.Unless they're in another competition? I remember last year a team went mad on points one particular week but that was because they were participating in something else at that time. Curse you and your thinking up of sensible and plausible explanations - you know how much I enjoy telling people they are idiots!!!
Beanpotter
Beanpotter - Think I'm done with Horizon 2 as the rest of the achs look too grindy and I don't want to spoil the fun I've had so far.
TrueAchievements AdministratorTrueAchievements Reported Content Manager11,295 posts
Last post: Today at 12:10
Posted on 06 January 12 at 00:51
Oh dear, what's happened to team Suikoden? They've gone pink with a minus score of 145695???
Mame Tobikomi!
Jinksie EPR
Jinksie EPR
Achievement Completion Percentage: 70.23% (Includes owned DLC) - 146 more achievements required to reach 71%234 completed games(Includes owned DLC)186 posts
Last post: 09 Jun at 14:57
Posted on 06 January 12 at 00:58
From the FAQ on the site:

Light Red/Pink ( Scan Failed ):
Anytime a teammate cannot be scanned their team will be highlighted. This doesn't mean that TA couldn't scan their card, it means that GTASC.net didn't get an update for that player when it tried to scan them from TA. Since we scan TA 100 players at a time, there's a good chance that ONE failed scan could affect up to 100 teams (one member each). I'm always retooling how I handle the scanner (to minimize failed scans) but due to web traffic & server loads (both locally on GTASC and remotely on TA) failed scans will happen every so often. If a team persists in being unscanned for a long period, one of their team members probably left TA. In that case, the team will be disqualified when one of the contest moderators catch it. TA will be scanned every hour (on the hour) no matter what... and additionally anytime anyone visits the leaderboard on GTASC.net and the leaderboard hasn't been scanned in the last 5 minutes.
Jinksie EPR
Jinksie EPR
Achievement Completion Percentage: 70.23% (Includes owned DLC) - 146 more achievements required to reach 71%234 completed games(Includes owned DLC)186 posts
Last post: 09 Jun at 14:57
Posted on 06 January 12 at 01:15
Although, he's also not on the leaderboard anymore, maybe he rage quit the leaderboard!!
mast3r 0r0m1s
mast3r 0r0m1s - http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/xtra-vision-xbox-2-1192946-Nov2013/
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 5,806 out of 255,296251,980 TrueAchievement Points2,162 posts
Last post: 16 Nov 13 at 03:24
Posted on 06 January 12 at 01:44, Edited on 06 January 12 at 01:53 by mast3r 0r0m1s
Hope he notices his mistake and rejoins (if he did it by accident) would hate to be that guy who explains to his team why you fuc*ed up and aren't in the GTASC anymore.

EDIT - Im just curious what B-Side Board is for? Is it just so those teams can have some fun with us?
Everything good in life is illegal.