Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Boom Boom Dance Now Called Rhythm Party

• litepinklitepink306,895
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:32
    Western regions to have different title

If you were looking forward to the upcoming XBLA Kinect dance title Boom Boom Dance, you're going to want to look out for it under its new regionalized name, Rhythm Party.

Producer Naoki Maeda revealed the news in a tweet, translated by an XBLAFans reader:

"Boom Boom Dance is Japanese title”…”The title for overseas is Rhythm Party!”
    No details were provided for the reason of the change. Perhaps the title reflects a slightly different marketing approach outside of Japan. Despite the name change, the core game experience will remain the same in all regions. Players hit on-screen targets along to the rhythm of a song, with striking visuals of constantly changing backgrounds and outfits.

Rhythm Party has no release date or price at this point in time.

External link: http://www.xblafans.com/boom-boom-dance-set-to-become-rhythm...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:36
    More than one 1000 there then I expect.
  • Shiiro KenShiiro Ken136,233
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:36
    A mixture of Dance Dance Revolution and Samba de Amigo??
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:45
    Boom Boom Dance? As in a sequel to Boom Boom Rocket? Hm.... Now you have my interest!
    http://tinyurl.com/TABelt - TA Challenge Belt. Beat the champion, take the belt!
  • American RNAmerican RN341,251
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:32
    Imagine that...A dancing game for the kinect
  • VictimOfDesireVictimOfDesire2,970,398
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:47
    Just watched the trailer for this game and it looks interesting. Definitely has a Boom Boom Rocket feel to it. I might just pick this up....
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo189,979
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 21:27
    Hedfix said:
    More than one 1000 there then I expect.
    This is a Live Arcade title, as was mentioned multiple times in the article. It will be worth an initial 200gs, same as all XBLA games. Also, there will only be one version of the game (which will change its title and menu languages depending on which region it was purchased in,) so it won't be stackable.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 January 12 at 17:36
    Well that's me told then.
  • wariomonawariomona122,975
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 19:38
    I hope the songlist is going to be like DanceMasters. Don't go all Harmonix on me, Konami.
  • Posted on 11 January 12 at 21:00
    I like the Japanese name a bit more. Had more punch to it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads