Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Syndicate Reveals its Voice Acting Cast

• Posted on 11 February 12 at 19:07
    From the pictures on the link it's not hard to understand why Cox has turned to voice acting.
  • Posted on 11 February 12 at 19:10
    J0HNNY FRIENDLY said:
    From the pictures on the link it's not hard to understand why Cox has turned to voice acting.
    He hasn't really turned to it completely. He just did Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
  • Posted on 11 February 12 at 19:13
    Can't wait for this game, the demo is epic, hit me up if your online quite a lot and want to coop this game. Do we keep our progress between main game and the demo?

Brian Cox is in this? I didn't really notice any of the voices to be familiar despite seeing many of his films, of which I would recommend the escapist
  • Psymon100Psymon10083,858
    Posted on 11 February 12 at 19:40
    I watched some gameplay footage and heard what I thought was Michael Wincott's voice...
    "That's the pilot guy from Alien Resurrection" - this thread confirms my suspicions, I love verification.

Very excited about this upcoming title. I played the original Syndicate back in '93 and it was awesome. Skrillex has done a great job with the theme song and his involvement with the game seems to have helped it gain an audience.

I want this game to be awesome. Come on Starbreeze Studios - do a good job!
    Science, learning, rationalisation, education, logic, reason, critical thinking.
  • ApexiosApexios308,582
    Posted on 11 February 12 at 20:56
    Not only does the game feel like Killzone it now IS Killzone with Brian Cox tonguing your ear. Does have a great voice though. Shame about the game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 February 12 at 20:58
    Too bad the MP is awful- I tried the demo and I felt like I was playing Brink all over again...
  • Posted on 11 February 12 at 21:30
    Decent cast
  • Pete 924Pete 924882,152
    Posted on 11 February 12 at 21:42
    Apologies for ignorance, but the only Brian Cox I know is the softly spoken professor of Wonders of the Universe who used to be in D:Ream.

[Imagines in-game footage with his voice]

[Snigger]
  • Rogue ShaddoRogue Shaddo237,815
    Posted on 11 February 12 at 22:34
    Kendrene said:
    Too bad the MP is awful- I tried the demo and I felt like I was playing Brink all over again...
    Are you kidding? Syndicate runs so much smoother, has a more enjoyable graphical representation, and the breaching system adds a unique twist that encourages and rewards teamwork. Plus, it actually has a story instead of just a combination of multiplayer matches disguising itself as a campaign.
  • Posted on 11 February 12 at 23:29
    J0HNNY FRIENDLY said:
    Excellent input there. When you were writing it I bet you thought 'oh everyone is going to love my comment people will quote it with lol underneath and stuff, eeesh I'm so cool'

Well sadly your wrong, Brian Cox is actually an amazing actor but it's just no surprise that he does voice acting as he has such a unique voice.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,066,951
    Posted on 12 February 12 at 00:13
    Brian Cox is a very good actor, never heard of the other two though.
  • NOBLEPX672NOBLEPX672546,825
    Posted on 12 February 12 at 00:28
    I guess Syndicate is just gonna be an average game. Yes, it is way too early to make a final statement about the game, since I only played like 5% of the game. But the concept is as Kendrene mentioned like Brink, and it kinda played like an objective Modern Warfare.
    It was nevertheless a cool coop demo, even tho the demo level was really short.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,932,118
    Posted on 12 February 12 at 04:24
    Having played the original, and being familiar with Starbreeze through The Darkness and Riddick, I really can't wait for this. Plus, Amazon is offering a $20 promotional credit right now.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • MaxForce357MaxForce357132,056
    Posted on 12 February 12 at 10:18, Edited on 12 February 12 at 10:22 by MaxForce357
    Michael Wincott?! That guy is so badass and cool as ice. He was awesome as Top Dollar in The Crow, not to mention that Eddie Murphy movie he played the villain for, Metro. His Halo 2 voicework is also appreciated. I want the guy's autograph. As if I was excited for Syndicate enough already, this is the candle on the cake.

BTW, did anyone else think Top Dollar was one of the coolest villains in a movie? His origins are mysterious, his style and atmosphere are as sophisticated and eerie as Dracula and he's does some weird stuff in his spare time. Sounds like an awesome villain to me!
    IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE! TAKE THIS. YOU GOT THE BFG9000!! OH, YES.
  • Posted on 12 February 12 at 14:36
    Even if you didn't like the multiplayer, you should still give the campaign a shot.
  • Darth BieberDarth Bieber148,314
    Posted on 12 February 12 at 17:04
    Michael Wincott = sold.
  • Posted on 13 February 12 at 13:57
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    J0HNNY FRIENDLY said:
    He hasn't really turned to it completely. He just did Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
    he was also in all three bournes and the next 3 2
  • RockoxRockox101,965
    Posted on 13 February 12 at 14:44
    Chase357 said:
    Michael Wincott?! That guy is so badass and cool as ice. He was awesome as Top Dollar in The Crow, not to mention that Eddie Murphy movie he played the villain for, Metro. His Halo 2 voicework is also appreciated.
    Damn right. Michael Wincott is awesome. I don't see him in enough stuff these days.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,376,554
    Posted on 13 February 12 at 17:10
    Nice! Decent cast there. Too bad I thought the co-op was crap. Might still give the campaign a go for the story as I like the ideas behind this game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads