Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Video Released

• YAY ITS BOSSYAY ITS BOSS247,175
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 06:39
    Good thing I paid separately for everything, as usual .... oh well
  • FreezeDownFreezeDown243,532
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 06:39
    Awesome wish I didn't sell my last copy, turns out the disc was fine.....it was the xbox lol
    I didn't ask for this power, now that I have it.....i'm gonna use it.
  • Evil FefeEvil Fefe175,816
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 06:41
    Can't wait for this Game, Well On the Vita. I already played it on Xbox
    I was pumped for Metal Gear Rising, But then i seen the VGA's
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 February 12 at 06:57
    I wish I didn't play this with my friend because now I have 2 achievements which I don't really want, so I think I'll buy this and see if I can get myself 1000G, although I've checked and some of the achievements are horrible to get.
    Oddworld X
  • DARKSIDEJRDARKSIDEJR804,097
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 07:10
    Yeah, getting 1000G is ridiculous, as I think one of the achievements involves playing at least 24 hours with each character.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic577,951
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 07:27
    DARKSIDE1978 said:
    Yeah, getting 1000G is ridiculous, as I think one of the achievements involves playing at least 24 hours with each character.
    That can be done in half the time by taking two characters and sitting in a training match.

What sucks is that goddamn Challenge Tower. Whoever came up with both the Challenges and Shao Khan's moveset was a sadistic sonovabitch, IMO. Most of them were interesting/neat or had something redeemable about them. But then there's ones like #300, #251, and a few others that you just think the developers hate the players.

There should be a rule in game design. If less than 30% of the development staff can complete something (without dev cheat codes), then maybe rethink the level of difficulty of your "challenge".
  • Posted on 27 February 12 at 07:48
    Rhyolitic said:
    DARKSIDE1978 said:
    That can be done in half the time by taking two characters and sitting in a training match.

What sucks is that goddamn Challenge Tower. Whoever came up with both the Challenges and Shao Khan's moveset was a sadistic sonovabitch, IMO. Most of them were interesting/neat or had something redeemable about them. But then there's ones like #300, #251, and a few others that you just think the developers hate the players.

There should be a rule in game design. If less than 30% of the development staff can complete something (without dev cheat codes), then maybe rethink the level of difficulty of your "challenge".
    Challenge Tower wasn't that hard. And those few missions (300, 251,... I think 275 also was one of those magical numbers my brain remembered automaticly) were also beatable if you stick to a few cheap tricks. wink
    At least I now have the feeling that the most annoying thing about Challenge Tower was length and not difficulty.

And yeah, My Kung Fu Is Stronger was two boring weeks for 2700 victories + fatalities, 4050 X-rays, and 27000 pints of blood spilled!
    But it felt sooo relieveng when it finally popped up for game completion! smile
    And so it's also my game with second most TA-value.
    Excellent MK-game anyways...
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic577,951
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 07:58
    Tell that to someone who spends two hours on one goddamn challenge. Even with the Retry trick, Shao Khan is still one cheap fucking boss. DUR! SHOULDER CHARGE + CHAIN STUNNING HAMMER TOSS + 52% health damage X-Ray attack.

Sure, you can go cheap with the uppercut or Shang's fireballs, but those challenges are some cheap shit.
  • Posted on 27 February 12 at 08:07
    I got the game for like around 33 bucks with the Online Code.. strangely i never needed the online code... if anyone needs one.. let me know.

Also i got the Season Pass for 600 MS Points when it was on sale durring the holidays :)
  • Darko KanekiDarko Kaneki773,412
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 08:08
    shao khan sucks...all three big dumb boss characters are pretty terrible and easy to bash. mileena was my run for money on the 300. took about 20 attempts because upon death id pause restart rather than give in to the fail,restart and make the game easy option.
    Damien G.
  • Nekro NekoNekro Neko400,009
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 08:14
    I can see misspelt has been misspelt. Or are you talking about a magic spell that went arwy? ;)

As for Mortal Kombat, it's the one fighting franchise I see as pretty dull and soulless.
    www.cyberscore.me.uk
  • Posted on 27 February 12 at 12:51
    I'm glad I finished up this games online achievements before more random players clog up the servers lol. Either way there are a ton of characters to choose from so I never got the season pass. This complete collection is great for those who waited this long.
  • Posted on 27 February 12 at 17:00
    I'm interested but what a terrible video pushing it.

"Durr... It's the same game but now there's 4 extra characters you already had access to... You can play this new version against the old one."

Why wouldn't you be able to?!?
  • Posted on 28 February 12 at 14:56
    I don't like the way they advertised this game.

I honestly would have preferred they said,"We made this version so those without xbox live, idiots who think this is different than the original that already own the DLC and those that never got the game in the first place can now get the Full MK experience as we make loads of extra cash off the same game"

They are trying to make it sound like they put a ton of effort into making this edition.
  • DxTrixterzDxTrixterz60,821
    Posted on 28 February 12 at 15:37
    Another way to milk off people of their hard earned money by releasing another edition of same game. Those DLC should be in game day 1 release. No point of getting same game again for 4 kharacters, few skins and a movie that I can watch online. I fell for that with Street Fighter 4 but I won't anymore.
  • Posted on 28 February 12 at 19:27
    you cant even get the achievements over again like you could in super street fighter 4 complete waste of money trust me....
  • STRESSER1STRESSER1227,142
    Posted on 28 February 12 at 21:26
    pass
  • SanadaSanada738,523
    Posted on 29 February 12 at 02:22
    ThunderKiss187 said:
    you cant even get the achievements over again like you could in super street fighter 4 complete waste of money trust me....
    So it's a waste of money because you can't get more achievements? I have to admit coming from somebody with not even 50,000 TA that shocks me. Usually it's the higher up guys complaining no achievements no sale. Personally would've loved to do it again, just would hope there was no mastery achievement as that was quite the annoyance.

Still want this, however certain pre-orders of games I haven't played come first. Hopefully there are still some copies around by the time I get to looking for this.
    You seem a little furious...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads