Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Skullgirls Character Trailer - Double

• litepinklitepink306,895
  • Ryot ControlRyot Control1,399,622
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 18:15
    I'll be picking this up as soon as I get online. One of the few games that advertised itself well enough to convince me of a day one purchase.
  • ConjureCurseConjureCurse1,653,268
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 18:15
    Just finished the Arcade Trial and IT IS EXCELLENT!!! Pity that the command list is only availiable on their site... Still DEFINITELY worth playing!
  • GWARRRRRGWARRRRR140,634
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 18:17
    I like. Gonna try out the demo for sure, then wait for a sale unless its that good.
    I'll just put this right here.
  • DhyphoonDhyphoon28,267
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 18:51
    I picked this up this morning, been playing it on my alt must say its very good.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 April 12 at 18:54
    JosephDeetz1313 said:
    Just finished the Arcade Trial and IT IS EXCELLENT!!! Pity that the command list is only availiable on their site... Still DEFINITELY worth playing!
    Are you saying they dont have it in the pause menu? :S This game's gonna have to wait for me, was hoping it'll been 800MSP.
  • DhyphoonDhyphoon28,267
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 19:09
    TakahashiDemon said:
    JosephDeetz1313 said:
    Are you saying they dont have it in the pause menu? :S This game's gonna have to wait for me, was hoping it'll been 800MSP.
    Unfortunately no it does not, not even in the pause menu. They did however say that if it sold enough they would patch it in. Here's to hoping that it takes off.
  • anthony2690anthony26901,194,494
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 20:11
    I brought this game by accident :|
    I was meant to get the demo haha
    you can't even play online,,,

"validating online it says or whatever and nothing happens and the message stays up untill you quit the game"

no command list.

only one slightly appealing char (cat girl)

I dont know any of the names,

I don't get the hype at all for this game

and it looks like an ugly flash game (I like 2D fighters/pixel art)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 April 12 at 20:15
    Dhyphoon said:
    TakahashiDemon said:
    JosephDeetz1313 said:
    Unfortunately no it does not, not even in the pause menu. They did however say that if it sold enough they would patch it in. Here's to hoping that it takes off.
    That's a lame excuse, they should have had it in the Pause Menu, every other fighter has their move lists in pause menus, it shouldn't have to sell enough for that to be patched in..
  • DhyphoonDhyphoon28,267
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 20:41
    anthony2690 said:
    I was meant to get the demo haha
    you can't even play online,,,

"validating online it says or whatever and nothing happens and the message stays up untill you quit the game"

no command list.

Oouu thats unfortunate, its still rather enjoyable.
  • DhyphoonDhyphoon28,267
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 20:41
    TakahashiDemon said:
    Dhyphoon said:
    TakahashiDemon said:
    JosephDeetz1313 said:
    That's a lame excuse, they should have had it in the Pause Menu, every other fighter has their move lists in pause menus, it shouldn't have to sell enough for that to be patched in..
    That is very true, I hope they just put them in anyways. They also claim they didnt have enough time, though i dont see how.
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo189,979
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 21:50
    anthony2690 said:
    I was meant to get the demo haha. you can't even play online,,, "validating online it says or whatever and nothing happens and the message stays up untill you quit the game"

no command list.
    Okay, for starters, the game looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous. Even from a factual perspective, putting tastes for certain style aside, the level of detail and clarity in both graphics & sound in this game is superb. And you don't know any of the characters? This is a 100% brand-new series! laugh That's part of the appeal, for most people. Every other fighting game on XBLA so far, and there have been quite a few, has just been a port of an earlier release. To me, this game is far more worthy of 1200msp than MVC2 was (a game that launched at the same price.)
  • STRESSER1STRESSER1227,150
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 22:37
    I'm waiting for price a drop.
  • SanadaSanada738,552
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 22:42
    1200? I'm in the bandwagon of people who thought they saw it for 800. Considering I have plenty of arcade fighters waiting to be started it might just have to wait, especially given the fact the MIGHT patch in a move list. At least the trial is available I suppose.
    You seem a little furious...
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin573,077
    Posted on 12 April 12 at 00:33
    Finally have the game and it is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! i have never ha a game that ever tried to teach me truly basic or even advanced moves and this has and i thank it so much, I've played a few online matches and yeah im getting beaten but with more practice i think ill get a hang of it. Also im glad that you can't do infinite loops. My only gripe is that the life or each character is fairly high so i get some matches were the match time runs out.

Otherwise 100000% worth the 1200MSP. Fuck the Cheap Haters B|
  • ddgvddgv85,495
    Posted on 12 April 12 at 04:33
    Buying this tomorrow....

Anthony, you seem to preach fighting games, but only seem to enjoy BB...

The fact that you can't appreciate the visuals says enough of your bias for me. Even if I hated the gameplay, I will always respect this level of detail in animation.
  • Barad 007Barad 007951,092
    Posted on 12 April 12 at 11:55
    Not sure about this game..
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • anthony2690anthony26901,194,494
    Posted on 12 April 12 at 13:58, Edited on 12 April 12 at 14:17 by anthony2690
    ddgv said:
    Buying this tomorrow....

Anthony, you seem to preach fighting games, but only seem to enjoy BB...

The fact that you can't appreciate the visuals says enough of your bias for me. Even if I hated the gameplay, I will always respect this level of detail in animation.
    I like guilty gear (xx reload, accent core+ midnight carnival) aswell, I like sf3 due to parrying/visuals :)

I like the music to skullgirls, but I think the game feels half done.

no command list.

and I don't like FLASH...

thats why I don't like the visuals.

the only game that looks good that uses flash imo is scott pilgrim :)

it's a preference.

I also like kof13, looks lovely (stages on xii look better though)

the online on kof let it down.

I like doa (not digging the look of 5 though) tekken (3 5 6 tag)

virtua fighter (2 4)

looking forward to 5 final showdown

fighters megamix (amazing game)
    I wish it would come to xbla :)

oh and fighter dynasty on n64 was a lot of fun :)

senko no ronde (i like the idea of it)

killer instinct (n64 version)

I can think of a lot fighters i like :)

and a lot i cant stand :)

and others I think are okay/nothing special :)

sorry for having an opinion ;D

also for anyone that says I am ASW biased, battle fantasia isd trash....

but bbcs:ex ggac+ p4u are going to be the best fighters released this year :)

oh and tekken tag 2 will hopefully be good, I only complaint is tekken seems to get slower and slower with each game :P

and this reply is a mess, but I cba to neaten it as I am typing on my ps vita :).

EDIT: I don't really like calamity trigger much anymore as bb really picked up CS2 onwards IMO

and I don't like guilty gear isuka, maybe if I had someone good to play it with in real life I might enjot it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5yOI1QVwc

enjoy this video though :) aha
  • XxSpazemxXXxSpazemxX213,252
    Posted on 12 April 12 at 14:32, Edited on 12 April 12 at 14:32 by XxSpazemxX
    89 tracked gamers have this game, no one has completed it (0%)

Not to popular on its first day sleep
    Aren't Thou Mad Brethren?
  • Posted on 12 April 12 at 16:39, Edited on 12 April 12 at 16:41 by Pure Vapour 420
    Great game, and its nice to see a NEW 2d fighter at long last smile The only thing thats quite annoying is the lonnngggg loading times angry But still, better than loading up Yie Ar Kung Fu on the spectrum laugh
    The Truth is crying out and it`s so loud and so clear,But most people won`t even hear- Damian Marley
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads