Site News Forum

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

Site Outage This Morning

AuthorMessage
Spilner
Spilner - Im going to have more games than i can handle soon!
TrueAchievements Bug Reports Manager604 solutions11,589 posts
Last post: Today at 02:55
Posted on 07 May 12 at 16:58
Thanks for all the work Rich, anything we can do to help jsut ask smile
Normality has resumed in the crazed mind of a nutjob
GreatPotBandito - I'm going to break the top 1000 shortly.
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 1,019 out of 226,866Achievement Completion Percentage: 95.62% (Includes owned DLC) - 40 more achievements required to reach 96%73 posts
Last post: 09 Feb at 04:37
Posted on 07 May 12 at 17:15
So have the culprits been found yet?
If not...call in the Feds, they'd love another excuse to justify net crackdowns.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
123,371 TrueAchievement Points9 reviews5,240 posts
Last post: 12 Mar at 22:24
Posted on 07 May 12 at 18:18
DEVINS said: As a person who could be described as a little "anti-TA" I must admit I hate when the site's down.
TA please accept this as my apology for past transgressions.

Best of luck sorting this out. Keep up the good work.
I'm just curious and I don't mean to start an argument, only a conversation. Why would you be anti-TA and why would you use the site so frequently if you were? It would seem you're pro-TA.
PryOpenMy3rdEye
120,485 TrueAchievement Points20 posts
Last post: 27 Dec 12 at 02:54
Posted on 07 May 12 at 18:20
Not sure if the Feds would care about something like this, but that would be awesome if you found out who was doing it.
DEVINS
DEVINS - He is risen
178,724 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 92.17% (Includes owned DLC) - 47 more achievements required to reach 93%155 posts
Last post: 28 Feb at 16:38
Posted on 07 May 12 at 18:30
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:DEVINS said: As a person who could be described as a little "anti-TA" I must admit I hate when the site's down.

I'm just curious and I don't mean to start an argument, only a conversation. Why would you be anti-TA and why would you use the site so frequently if you were? It would seem you're pro-TA.
If Rich, (or a select few) even remember, I've made some negative comments about staff in the past (not you). Actually I doubt anyone noticed or even remembers, kind of egotistical of me to think people would. So yeah, I guess I am pro TA. Wow I take back my apology then. Thanks for the absolution Boat!

check me out at www.bloodwcinnamon.com
Sir Stratsavvy - havent logged into TA since before last July. damn
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.5586277 posts
Last post: 14 Jun 13 at 00:55
Posted on 07 May 12 at 18:31
its those dam conspirators over @ 360a lol ;)
BLOOP! Achievement Unlocked: your mom
Oddworld X
Oddworld X - I really wish I had the time to make the perfect character build on Oblivion!
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.020580 completed games(Includes owned DLC)423 posts
Last post: 20 Apr at 10:40
Posted on 07 May 12 at 18:53
Glad TA is still up and running
Oddworld X
Sket Slayer
Sket Slayer - Smoking, chilling, music, gaming, my life
93,659 TrueAchievement Points129 posts
Last post: 19 Feb at 11:21
Posted on 07 May 12 at 19:55
Thanks for working so hard to sort all of this out, your efforts do not go unnoticed and are massively appreciated within the community, even if select people bitch and moan >:|. That's coming from the average, everyday TA member, me. I can't imagine what you've been up to trying to stop these attacks, especially since you've never had to deal with it before.

I use this website pretty much daily, get the majority of my news from it, check every cheevo on here and I bet I'm not the only one. To be honest, there's probably many many people on here that use the site more who haven't expressed that they appreciate everything that all the admins, mods, newshounds etc do.

Big up TA :D
GHOSTLYSHINOBI - Cand someone on IGT team download Hexic for Win 8? Fre achievements for sharing lifes via Facebook!
147,968 TrueAchievement Points72 completed games(Includes owned DLC)91 posts
Last post: 22 Apr at 22:20
Posted on 07 May 12 at 20:23
Good luck sorting it out Rich!
The Machine MRG - 1513 in favour and 3 against. Couldn't be any clearer, Argentina. Now stop whinging
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 3,066 out of 226,866102 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,091 posts
Last post: 05 Mar at 16:20
Posted on 07 May 12 at 20:40
Many thanks for your dedication and hard work TA its much appreciated
Osirian08
Osirian08 - Anyone else having issues today with random disconnections from XBL?
79,228 TrueAchievement Points16 posts
Last post: 05 Jan at 04:52
Posted on 07 May 12 at 21:33
Sket Slayer said:Thanks for working so hard to sort all of this out, your efforts do not go unnoticed and are massively appreciated within the community, even if select people bitch and moan >:|. That's coming from the average, everyday TA member, me. I can't imagine what you've been up to trying to stop these attacks, especially since you've never had to deal with it before.

I use this website pretty much daily, get the majority of my news from it, check every cheevo on here and I bet I'm not the only one. To be honest, there's probably many many people on here that use the site more who haven't expressed that they appreciate everything that all the admins, mods, newshounds etc do.

Big up TA :D
I echo the above sentiments - I also log on every day, usually to keep up on the latest news smile

Many thanks to all TA staff working to keep the site up - I hope you track down the miserable sods who presumably get some kind of,kick out of trying to take down the site
Rabbska
Rabbska - EA Mobile Spring Sale - http://bit.ly/1eLMfPT
265,982 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 93.61% (Includes owned DLC) - 35 more achievements required to reach 94%236 posts
Last post: 25 Mar at 21:49
Posted on 07 May 12 at 21:39
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:DEVINS said: As a person who could be described as a little "anti-TA" I must admit I hate when the site's down.

Maybe certain moderators who aren't on the site anymore degraded the quality of his experience on TA with their heavy-handed, unbalanced approach, but he still wanted to use the site as it was intended despite this.
XI AlphaMale IX - What's the absolute worst game on your card?
Achievement Completion Percentage: 93.57% (Includes owned DLC) - 51 more achievements required to reach 94%267 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,437 posts
Last post: Today at 01:35
Posted on 07 May 12 at 22:15
KillieExile said:For the layman, what is a ddos?It stands for Debbie Downer Syndrome. When someone has too much sand in his or her vagina, they lash out at anything and everything to make everything else as Debbie Downer as they are.

You're welcome.
^ That made sense to me at 4:20...
aixla
aixla - Babies are wonderful but do not leave much time for gaming ...
23 completed games(Includes owned DLC)TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.453951 posts
Last post: 31 Oct 12 at 00:43
Posted on 07 May 12 at 22:29
I didn't realize how much my gaming habits have changed since joining TA until it was gone for a few hours. I swear that thrill of hearing the little "bing" of an unlocked achievement just wasn't the same when I couldn't immediately log on and see the changes reflected here. Thanks for the hard work, keep it up!
Sweet, maybe... Passionate, I suppose... But don't ever mistake that for nice.
Posted on 08 May 12 at 09:24
DirtyLittleSith said:I must be older than I think.

I didn't understand half those words.

I can figure out the basics though: "Was broken, now fixed"
i'll second that.laugh
Sket Slayer
Sket Slayer - Smoking, chilling, music, gaming, my life
93,659 TrueAchievement Points129 posts
Last post: 19 Feb at 11:21
Posted on 09 May 12 at 00:13
XI AlphaMale IX said:KillieExile said:For the layman, what is a ddos?It stands for Debbie Downer Syndrome. When someone has too much sand in his or her vagina, they lash out at anything and everything to make everything else as Debbie Downer as they are.

You're welcome.
Seems legit...
J Technics
J Technics - Oh. Hello...
93,952 TrueAchievement Points49 posts
Last post: 15 Feb 13 at 02:40
Posted on 10 May 12 at 21:41, Edited on 10 May 12 at 21:45 by J Technics
XxSpazemxX said: gamer=Cooke4LadyByng]ddos denial of service? 2 ds not 1 the other must be for derpDistributed Denial of Service

Sounds to me the website was being attack from more than one source IP address. Hope that clears up why there are two D's instead of one in "DDoS". I'm sure the administrator gathered the Source IP's from the logs and implemented ACL's denying inbound TCP/UDP traffic from these culprit IP's to the web farm at the firewall level. Good Job TA!
Mickey Burns
Mickey Burns - Ha ha ... what a dumb-ass. This guy on Cutthroat Kitchen said "I like to take a intellectual approach".
246,109 TrueAchievement Points3,768 posts
Last post: 16 Apr at 23:57
Posted on 12 May 12 at 21:55
Seems I picked a good time to be on vacation ... laugh

Thanks for all of your hard work, TA ... have a few dozen pints and get some well-deserved rest.
Zombi3 Grim
Zombi3 Grim - Checking out the site
156,259 TrueAchievement Points356 posts
Last post: 21 Apr at 21:56
Posted on 13 May 12 at 05:40
I would like unrestricted access back to this site please. My computer has no viruses and my IP was blocked. I typed in the captcha but Im not sure if I have to do that every time...