Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Road to NHL 13 Part Two

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
123,371 TrueAchievement Points9 reviews5,240 posts
Last post: 12 Mar at 22:24
Posted on 16 May 12 at 23:16
What a tease

As the NHL season gears toward its epic finale with just a few teams remaining in the playoffs, most fans have begun to look ahead to next year, so the recent 'Road to NHL 13' series is quite fitting. Last time, the video teased an improved skill stick that was first introduced in 2006-07. Now, EA Sports is back teasing another evolution of gameplay: an improved physics engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPcntzGajeI

NHL 13 skates into stores this fall -- September 11th in North America and September 14th in Europe. For more information, including the ongoing cover vote, check out the game's official page.
umainbearman
umainbearman
89,558 TrueAchievement Points68 posts
Last post: 01 Apr at 11:28
Posted on 16 May 12 at 23:51
Its got to be kinect enabled game play. That would actually get me on board with kinect.
Me7axas
Me7axas - i prefer my earlier work
78,323 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.524267 posts
Last post: 21 May 13 at 00:44
Posted on 17 May 12 at 00:07
umainbearman said:Its got to be kinect enabled game play. That would actually get me on board with kinect.Wouldn't that be wonky with moving about the rink and checking and stuff? How would they cap all that AND stick handling?
MH The Rockstar
TrueAchievements Pro user2,760 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 16:09
Posted on 17 May 12 at 00:21
Didn't they tout this in 11? So they next big thing in 11 was so great apparently. Guess what? I doubt it will be in 13 either. Really wish there was some good competition in this genre instead of getting a $60 roster and jersey update. Pass.
XPhilesinIA
XPhilesinIA - Will be away from Friday through Monday, may not be able to boost, will have laptop though
287,642 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.75871,182 posts
Last post: 18 Apr at 17:25
Posted on 17 May 12 at 00:37
the tease part is that the servers will be online for six weeks. then due to lack of interest in the game (or so they say) they will shut them down
Dreakon13
Dreakon13 - You're worth it.
15,885 TrueAchievement Points1,184 posts
Last post: 15 Dec 12 at 15:10
Posted on 17 May 12 at 00:38
MH The Rockstar said:Didn't they tout this in 11? So they next big thing in 11 was so great apparently. Guess what? I doubt it will be in 13 either. Really wish there was some good competition in this genre instead of getting a $60 roster and jersey update. Pass.You incorrectly passed judgement with the first teaser by thinking NHL 13 was sporting nothing more than a "improved skill stick"... now you're doing it again with this one.

Seriously, at least wait until they actually reveal what the "next revolution in gameplay" is before jumping to asinine conclusions for the sake of bitching.
Oh, they love us American boys.
HUstlinonradio - Anyone with a Xbone just give me your Twitch URL so i can follow you to watch your stream
138,129 TrueAchievement Points1,265 posts
Last post: 21 Apr at 21:17
Posted on 17 May 12 at 00:39
MH The Rockstar said:Didn't they tout this in 11? So they next big thing in 11 was so great apparently. Guess what? I doubt it will be in 13 either. Really wish there was some good competition in this genre instead of getting a $60 roster and jersey update. Pass.No what they were saying in each trailer is the evolutions that the NHL series has brought. The last trailer was the Skill Stick in 07, this one is about the Physics Engine in 11.

EA has NOT released what this "evolutionary" change in 13 is going to be yet, this is just trying to hype it up while showing what improvements have been made over the years
Dreakon13
Posted on 17 May 12 at 00:40
Hustlinonradio said:MH The Rockstar said:Didn't they tout this in 11? So they next big thing in 11 was so great apparently. Guess what? I doubt it will be in 13 either. Really wish there was some good competition in this genre instead of getting a $60 roster and jersey update. Pass.No what they were saying in each trailer is the evolutions that the NHL series has brought. The last trailer was the Skill Stick in 07, this one is about the Physics Engine in 11.

EA has NOT released what this "evolutionary" change in 13 is going to be yet, this is just trying to hype it up while showing what improvements have been made over the years
At least someone gets it... even the article author didn't realize this.
PadreGordini
PadreGordini - Gears 3 data reset, F**k Epic
88,208 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Site Rank: 46,747 out of 226,73152 posts
Last post: 19 Apr at 14:13
Posted on 17 May 12 at 00:41
It's has to be with skating. They keep showing low ice views
Skycaptin5
Skycaptin5 - I earn Achievements
158,373 TrueAchievement Points26 completed games(Includes owned DLC)39 posts
Last post: 13 Dec 13 at 22:20
Posted on 17 May 12 at 03:08
So there was no real changes considered worth while in 08,09,10,12? Well they can have another one for 12, so won't consider that one yet.
HUstlinonradio - Anyone with a Xbone just give me your Twitch URL so i can follow you to watch your stream
138,129 TrueAchievement Points1,265 posts
Last post: 21 Apr at 21:17
Posted on 17 May 12 at 03:37
Skycaptin5 said:So there was no real changes considered worth while in 08,09,10,12? Well they can have another one for 12, so won't consider that one yet.In terms of major gameplay changes that are considered evolutionary? No
In terms of modes? HELL YEAH
Srl Klr
Srl Klr - Miss you bro
261,111 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 50.22% (Includes owned DLC) - 132 more achievements required to reach 51%177 posts
Last post: 28 Nov 13 at 20:30
Posted on 17 May 12 at 03:49
Unless the innovation involves skating and deking at the same time or EGAD fixing the glitches in online I might have to pass on this series for the first time ever next year. Glitchers you have officially ruined the EASHL for me everytime I'm playing and enjoying it we run into a toe drag or make the goalie vacate the post in close team. We send them messeges but they just say stop me from doing it then...if only it were that simple.
Also I play NBA 2k12 and I actually enjoy their version of Be A Pro since it actually makes it seem like your player is in the league. EA could learn from this and implement it in NHL and Madden.
As a final note who else is tired of player cards? Just switch to XP already.
Bellas better be in WWE 12 DLC
NeXus Ryanica - Ballin'
59,232 TrueAchievement Points4 posts
Last post: 17 May 12 at 07:56
Posted on 17 May 12 at 07:56
Hopefully they fix the magnetic goalie that'll get you 2 minutes. Oh and hopefully make the defense actually bother trying to stop things. So fed up with RD just standing there like a moron when it could easily poke or check. Goalie is just as bad with some goals it lets in, no way would half the goals I've seen actually go in so uncontested if it was the NHL. No more crap like broken glass, which actually looks stupid :/

Game also needs to favour D men more instead of being so offense friendly.

Still gonna get this as of now. Might change my mind depending on what they've done though.
Jakeythedude
Jakeythedude - Jakeythedude won 272 Achievements in 11 games, for a total of 15,136 TrueAchievement points (7,305 Gamerscore)
Achievement Completion Percentage: 91.52% (Includes owned DLC) - 59 more achievements required to reach 92%TrueAchievement Site Rank: 1,217 out of 226,7313,091 posts
Last post: 02 Apr at 00:09
Posted on 17 May 12 at 12:04
MH The Rockstar said:Didn't they tout this in 11? So they next big thing in 11 was so great apparently. Guess what? I doubt it will be in 13 either. Really wish there was some good competition in this genre instead of getting a $60 roster and jersey update. Pass.+1
"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your
Fuzzynothing - Not sure why everyone is hating the look of Xbox One.. I think it looks good
175,654 TrueAchievement Points153 posts
Last post: 17 May 13 at 04:04
Posted on 17 May 12 at 12:31
Hopefully the big revolution is that they are dropping Project $10 and will not be shutting down any more servers...

It is probably just going to allow you to perform checks to the head.
Posted on 17 May 12 at 13:59, Edited on 17 May 12 at 14:00 by
Since I bought my xbox I've played NHL '07, NHL 2K6, 2K8, and 2K9. The biggest thing I didn't like about '07 and 2K8 was the stupid right stick mess. It was finicky and I hated using the top buttons. The fact they gave you an option was why I went with 2K9 instead of '09 (well that it wasn't EA Sports, not that 2K Sports was much better).

I like that they try to improve on the game, but sometimes I just want to play an arcade style hockey game. I don't want to simulate the fact that the current NHL relies more on diving defense clogging up lanes (see current NHL Playoffs) and offense generated by lucky bounce goals. I want to see the high scoring, defense light All-Star style of play.
sanityends
sanityends - Thanks for my free 10 year helmet Signed on day one and I get this? FU
151,938 TrueAchievement PointsDonated to TrueAchievements.com66 posts
Last post: 22 Nov 13 at 16:47
Posted on 18 May 12 at 11:59
Per the above post. It is not an nhl arcade game and hockey now is the way it is. If that bothers you that much to play real hockey and have to cycle not just go backdoor then just play HUT on international ice. I on the other hand am not confident there will be any good changes as I have a good connection ALWAYS almost get the away team in OTP because of it (what else reason does a speedtest drop from 50 mb to 4 while loading other than the game is actually only using servers to connect and then going p2p) If someone in British Columbia plays me in Battlefield no lag if they play me in NHL 12 their .8 upload kills my connection. Anybody else's eyes open to what is obviously going on?... not to mention there is an online pass to play p2p..........Microsoft please step in here.
blkalleykat
5,624 posts
Last post: 11 Jun 12 at 12:11
Posted on 18 May 12 at 19:39
Looks good
Exia Of War
Exia Of War - <3 Dark Theme
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.57059 completed games(Includes owned DLC)101 posts
Last post: 19 Apr at 20:00
Posted on 18 May 12 at 20:28
Im still bitter about NHL 11 that I don't want to buy '12 and I don't even know about '13 yet.

Tired of spending $60 on roster updates.
Dreakon13
Posted on 18 May 12 at 20:31, Edited on 18 May 12 at 20:36 by Dreakon13
TheDarKnyht said:Since I bought my xbox I've played NHL '07, NHL 2K6, 2K8, and 2K9. The biggest thing I didn't like about '07 and 2K8 was the stupid right stick mess. It was finicky and I hated using the top buttons. The fact they gave you an option was why I went with 2K9 instead of '09 (well that it wasn't EA Sports, not that 2K Sports was much better).

I like that they try to improve on the game, but sometimes I just want to play an arcade style hockey game. I don't want to simulate the fact that the current NHL relies more on diving defense clogging up lanes (see current NHL Playoffs) and offense generated by lucky bounce goals. I want to see the high scoring, defense light All-Star style of play.
Tried the demo of 2k9 a few days ago, man is that game laughably bad. It was like getting transported back 15 years. Unrealistically hard shots every time, rigid passing, embarassing graphics (not that the other series is that much better, but at least it's something), the pace of the game feels way off. The days of only having two buttons, shoot and pass, are over.

Can't believe anyone prefers it to the EA series. After '07 came out, you'd be hard pressed to even call 2K Sports competition for EA (thus why they stopped).

Account Settings

Xbox live settings will need to be set up in the following way to allow TrueAchievements to scan your gamertag.

1. Log into https://live.xbox.com

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.

My Account xbox.com

3. Scroll down to Settings and Preferences on the right hand side. Click on Privacy and Online Settings.

Privacy xbox.com

4. Scroll down to Privacy. You need to make sure that Profile Sharing and Game History is set to Everyone otherwise you will not be scanned.

Privacy Settings xbox.com

These simple steps will allow TrueAchievements to scan your profile and update your achievements.