Site Help Forum

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Completed the game, Nth gamer to complete

AuthorMessage
MMMDI
MMMDI - Blah blah blah.  Oh, moviesmademe.com
Achievement Completion Percentage: 98.36% (Includes owned DLC) - 62 more achievements required to reach 99%342 completed games(Includes owned DLC)562 posts
Last post: 08 Aug at 07:26
Posted on 04 June 12 at 02:14, Edited on 04 June 12 at 02:15 by MMMDI
Just wondering how this is figured, since it seems a little confusing.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Trenched-xbox-360.htm
I completed the base game on May 23.
A friend of mine completed the base game on May 20.

We both completed the DLC today (the only DLC pack available), literally at the same time since we were playing co-op.

MMMDI completed the game Iron Brigade and is the 1,245th gamer on the site to complete it
XXX completed the game Iron Brigade and is the 379th gamer on the site to complete it.

So, how is that figured? If it's based on "date base game completed", I highly doubt that 866 of the 1,247 people who completed a game that has been out for a year finished it in those three days. If it's based on "game + DLC", we should have literally been side by side.

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's something incredibly simple that I'm overlooking, but it seems odd.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Achievement Completion Percentage: 41.32% (Includes owned DLC) - 136 more achievements required to reach 42%TrueAchievements Game Info Editor7,306 posts
Last post: Today at 03:58
Posted on 04 June 12 at 05:08
It's based on what your completion settings are.

In your My Settings page, under DLC, you will see "DLC Inclusion Setting"

Your friend who was 379 has his set to All DLC (I know because this is my setting, and Iron Brigade tells me only 379 have completed it). His setting counts a game as completed if he finishes all DLC, so his friend feed will post based on how many people have completed the game and all DLC (regardless of their completion setting)

Yours is DLC I Own. Your friend feed will give a completion number based on how many people have completed the main game and any DLC that they own (have at least one achievement in)
MMMDI
MMMDI - Blah blah blah.  Oh, moviesmademe.com
Achievement Completion Percentage: 98.36% (Includes owned DLC) - 62 more achievements required to reach 99%342 completed games(Includes owned DLC)562 posts
Last post: 08 Aug at 07:26
Posted on 04 June 12 at 08:12
Alright, so if I'm understanding you correctly, the friend feed item should say something like this if taken literally:

MMMDI completed the game Iron Brigade and is the 1,245th gamer on the site with the DLC setting "Include DLC I Own" to complete it

XXX completed the game Iron Brigade and is the 379th gamer on the site with the DLC setting "All DLC" to complete it.

I can sort of understand this... I mean, I think a game is complete when I've finished the base game + any DLC I have while you might think the game is only complete when all the DLC is done, so the friend feed should reflect those different opinions.

On the flip side, maybe there should be some set standard for this so that it doesn't come across as weird like that.
Spilner
Spilner - Waited for a special One console and looks like ill end up getting that bloody CoD one instead of waiting longer
TrueAchievements Bug Reports ManagerSite Help Assistant Manager13,444 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 22:03
Posted on 04 June 12 at 11:51
All DLC used to be the site standard until the new settings got added, be nice for a standard to return.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Achievement Completion Percentage: 41.32% (Includes owned DLC) - 136 more achievements required to reach 42%TrueAchievements Game Info Editor7,306 posts
Last post: Today at 03:58
Posted on 04 June 12 at 14:24
Yea it'd be nice if there were a standard, but there was so much heated argument over DLC completion settings, that I think Rich is just trying to make everybody happy. And really it isn't anything bad, so I think he's done a damn good job of it.