Game Info Submission Archive: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters Forum

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters - Achievement Flag sub

Related game: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters

AuthorMessage
Posted on 16 June 12 at 22:13
alklein92201 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for http://www.trueachievements.com/Green-Lantern-xbox-360.htm:

alklein92201 said:
Green Lantern: Rise of the ManhuntersEmerald WarriorThe Emerald Warrior achievement in Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters worth 59 pointsCompleted the game on poozer or enforcer difficulty.

Not difficulty specific. Playing on any difficulty at all will unlock this.

Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta - I am glad MS' restrictive credit card policy didn't enable me to buy Strike Suit Zero a few days back! Well done!
431,017 TrueAchievement Points16,999 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 19:57
Posted on 17 June 12 at 14:25
The Difficulty Specific flag in combination with the Stackable flag indicates that you have to at least play on the indicated difficulty. Therefore the flags seem correct. We hope this takes care of your submission. Let us know if your qualm with the flag is of another nature. Thank you!
alklein92201
alklein92201 - People are stupid.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 41.01% (Includes owned DLC) - 196 more achievements required to reach 42%TrueAchievements Game Info Editor7,258 posts
Last post: Today at 02:14
Posted on 17 June 12 at 17:49
In this game, you have 3 difficulties

Poozer
Enforcer
Emerald Knight

The flag description is

Difficulty Specific achievements ask the player to complete some objective, often to clear the game or a level, on a certain difficulty settingYes, it technically tells you to do it on a certain difficulty setting. But playing any difficulty in the game at all will net you this achievement. You don't have to play on a certain difficulty to play this. Beat the game, any way, any difficulty, it's yours.

This achievement is essentially the same as
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareWin the Waralklein92201The Win the War achievement in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare worth 44 pointsComplete the game on any difficulty

or
CrysisCrysis Controlledalklein92201The Crysis Controlled achievement in Crysis worth 77 pointsComplete the game on any difficulty

You get it by beating the game on any difficulty at all. They just don't word it in a way that you can know that just by reading.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta - I am glad MS' restrictive credit card policy didn't enable me to buy Strike Suit Zero a few days back! Well done!
Posted on 17 June 12 at 19:22
And that is why we have added the flag. While I agree with your thread of thought, I think it would cause more confusion and hence future submissions if we left it off. The synergy from both, Stackable and Difficulty Specific flags should make it clear how and when the achievement unlocks!
alklein92201
Achievement Completion Percentage: 41.01% (Includes owned DLC) - 196 more achievements required to reach 42%TrueAchievements Game Info Editor7,258 posts
Posted on 17 June 12 at 23:15
I guess it's just me, but I think that the fact it doesn't have the difficulty specific flag would be exactly what keeps people from being confused. They'd see that you don't need a specific difficulty for it, even though to some, the description may appear to say otherwise. I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, just want to make sure to get my point across before it's decided against.
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 18 June 12 at 21:01
I do and it is valid. It was a choice to begin with and I am not saying that either option is wrong. Both have merit and can be applied!
alklein92201
Posted on 18 June 12 at 23:18
Guess it's just one of those suggestions I have to suck up as not accepted. I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE