Game Discussion: Alan Wake

Severely disappointing...

• Posted on 04 July 12 at 14:21, Edited on 04 July 12 at 14:24 by Dreakon1313
    So I finally mustered up the motivation to not only do the Nightmare run on this game, but I also made that my collectable and miscellaneous achievement run as well.

I'm pretty much at the end to find out I missed a single thermos or two somewhere along the way (I used the walkthrough)... no clue where those could be. There was a portion of Episode Five that sticks out to me because I was really tired that night and proceeded to quickly without collecting everything in the area. If everything I missed isn't there, then I guess I have to play through the whole damn thing again to find it.

To top it all off though, I'm 100% confident now that Gunless Wonder is glitched. My first time through, I didn't realize that it was an achievement until a minute or two into the Episode and when I didn't get the achievement I assumed I must've popped a cap or two off in those early minutes. This time around, while tracking down collectables and playing on Nightmare... I made absolutely sure my hand never even touched that right trigger. Bam, at the final boss and no achievement.

Really disappointing. At least I'll get the achievements for beating it on Nightmare and for the manuscripts... I really don't see myself completing this game though. cry

EDIT: Err... took a few steps closer to the boss and Gunless Wonder popped. Spoke too soon lol. The thermos thing still bugs me though.
    Oh, they love us American boys.
  • Psymon100Psymon10083,858
    Posted on 04 July 12 at 21:59
    Poor bugger. My Mrs is in the roughly same position as you, 99/100 coffee Thermoses. Awesome game though.
    Science, learning, rationalisation, education, logic, reason, critical thinking.
  • Posted on 04 July 12 at 22:04
    I really, really lucked out with this guy.

Determined, I quickly shuffled through the latter part of Episode 1 (using a little guide to try and determine what thermoses I recognized getting and what ones I didn't) and just checked every one I could. Probably would've gone through the whole game doing this until I found it, but it was one of the last ones you find in Episode 1 that apparently threw me. I was off by one almost the entire Nightmare run.

Nabbed it and got the achievement, and the completion. Very pleased with this indeed. smile

Also, Normal felt like a cake-walk after beating it on Nightmare. Actually pretty fun to be able to rip those damn Taken to shreds.
  • Psymon100Psymon10083,858
    Posted on 04 July 12 at 23:42
    Oh sweet you got Hypercaffeinated now? Nice man.
    Science, learning, rationalisation, education, logic, reason, critical thinking.
  • Posted on 04 July 12 at 23:45, Edited on 04 July 12 at 23:48 by Dreakon1313
    Yup, I could've easily spent days sifting through the game trying to find the one I missed. My search ended on Episode 1 though. smile

EDIT: My condolences to the little lady. I hope she can find the last one!
  • KillaKevin24KillaKevin24809,833
    Posted on 05 July 12 at 12:37
    You are lucky for finding the last one I too am stuck on 99/100 and have no desire to play the game again to find all 100.
    Common Sense Isn't Common
  • QonokQonok1,583,401
    Posted on 05 July 12 at 14:37, Edited on 05 July 12 at 14:38 by Qonok
    I feel for you on the thermos. Only collectables I missed was 2 thermos' when I played through.
    But...at the end of each chapter I checked the list to see if I had the required number of each collectable at that time. So I found that I missed one in chapter 2 and one in chapter 6. Replayed those and got them.
  • ScholarFaustScholarFaust114,871
    Posted on 07 July 12 at 19:51
    Yep, 99/100 here as well. Thankfully I still have to go through on Nightmare and get the last 15 manuscripts. It is just a matter of building up the want to do so... not a huge fan of this game.
    [IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/CaptPlaceholder/55331djp0n3artistsweats.jpg[/IMG]
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads