Game Discussion: Dead Space (2008)

Dead Space: New Game +

• J Baby 117J Baby 117780,961
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 17:41, Edited on 09 August 12 at 08:44 by jphil03
    Hey guys, wondering if any of you could help me out. I am looking at this walkthrough for Dead Space.

Dead Space Walkthrough Page 3 - Cumulative achievements

It states that you should play through twice. First on easy and then on impossible. To get maxed out, you need to start a new game on impossible after the first easy playthrough with all your upgrades and guns intact from the previous playthrough.

I am having a nightmare trying to do it. I load up my old file which starts the game again with all my stuff, but it puts it on easy.

I have also tried starting again on impossible, but this time, I don;t have any of my gear or upgrades.

I have followed the walkthrough to a tee and so am looking for someone who has played through twice to assist me.

Thanks in advance.
    Lul
  • ddgvddgv85,488
    Posted on 05 August 12 at 07:35
    There is no option to keep your items when you transfer to hardcore, this is automatic and regardless of the difficulty you are switching from originally.

Hardcore mode starts with no upgrades, ammo, or weapons previously acquired. All schematics must be reacquired. It would be the same even if your first playthrough was on normal.

Don't sweat it, and be patient. A lot of people purchase the weapon packs to do it, and even still.... you can always use the cheatcodes for a little boost.
  • J Baby 117J Baby 117780,961
    Posted on 08 August 12 at 15:21
    I was talking about Dead Space 1. I think the answer you gave refers to Dead Space 2?

If there is no way to do it, then the walkthrough needs to be edited. As I've followed it to a tee and now I can't continue as it wants me to.
    Lul
  • GoreGoyleGoreGoyle109,621
    Posted on 10 August 12 at 04:52
    The comments for Maxed Out and Epic Tier 3 are reversed. There is no new game+ for insane until you've been thru it once vanilla.
  • KirklessKirkless1,344,449
    Posted on 06 October 13 at 23:27
    I think you have to finish the game on normal or hard to unlock Impossible mode.
    Light is always relevant.
  • Kbeau73Kbeau731,163,788
    Posted on 17 October 13 at 20:01
    x J Baby said:
    I was talking about Dead Space 1. I think the answer you gave refers to Dead Space 2?

If there is no way to do it, then the walkthrough needs to be edited. As I've followed it to a tee and now I can't continue as it wants me to.
    I believe it has to be edited because when you start impossible mode on Dead Space, you start from scratch. I went ahead and got the Tank Suit and Heavy Damage Plasma Cutter and it really has been a cake walk. Plus there are cheat codes for refilling the stasis and air should you need it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads