Game Discussion: Alan Wake

'Glitch'?

• DAD2206DAD2206568,451
    Posted on 16 August 12 at 13:05
    So I was on the Poltergeist Bridge and got to the possessed digger at the end. Once I beat it, the digger itself disappeared, only the base it's on (with the wheels) didn't. It kept attacking me even though the digger wasn't there anymore. Dying and reloading the checkpoint didn't solve it. Quitting and continuing didn't solve it either. Eventually I just jumped over it, took some damage and could go on with the game.

It's no biggie, just wondering if anyone had this 'problem' too...
    We were all n00b once ;-)
  • MehtakcysMehtakcys141,541
    Posted on 16 August 12 at 22:22
    This is the portion near the end of the game, yes? If so no, I didn't have a problem with it as you described. Weird.
  • Posted on 17 August 12 at 20:39
    I had the exact same thing last week, nothing to worry about though.
  • DAD2206DAD2206568,451
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 21:02
    theafterpartyy said:
    This is the portion near the end of the game, yes? If so no, I didn't have a problem with it as you described. Weird.
    Yeah, it's the last chapter.

anomalystic777 said:
    I had the exact same thing last week, nothing to worry about though.
    I'm not worried laugh, just wondering smile
    We were all n00b once ;-)
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic577,957
    Posted on 17 August 12 at 22:59
    I don't recall ever seeing anything like that in my playthroughs. *shrug*
  • Posted on 18 September 13 at 04:49
    Wow, what a strange coincidence; that just happened to me today! No surprise that some people here haven't had it happen to them yet. This is my sixth playthrough and I had never seen it.

Nor had I seen the glitch that preceded it in this same episode: three of the doors at the Majestic Motel were out of place! Specifically, they were lifted up and shoved into the wall to the right. Even got to see into the "bathroom" in the room Agent Nightingale was staying in (It's just an empty room. Nothing but walls. But I was shocked there was anything behind this door AT ALL considering you can never open it!)

I was too worried to keep playing it that way, though, so I started the episode over. But I had assumed it was caused by a trick I discovered: that you can regain access to that first region where it's originally daylight... after it's gotten dark...
  • Posted on 27 April 14 at 15:03
    My glitch in Alan Wake comes at the end of "The Signal" dlc. I can get to right before you face the final battle, I believe the room has a bunch of TVs in it. Once I get to that point, it freezes. Every time. I tried restarting multiple times, deleting and redownloading, nothing seems to work. It's keeping me from the last 3 cheevos I need to complete the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads