Game Discussion: Alan Wake

When does The Signal DLC start in Alan Wake?

• Posted on 20 October 12 at 09:41
    No spoilers please as I have only finished about half the game and that was back when AW was a brand new game so I've forgotten most of it. Thanks.

So, after 2 years I've finally decided I am going to finish up Alan Wake (I'm starting a new game though) and I noticed the card in the game case for the free DLC. So I redeemed the code and got The Signal DLC.

My question about the DLC is:

When should I start playing it if I want to keep events in chronological order? Does it start automatically? or will it start once I've finished the game? I like to play games in order, so if the DLC falls between, for example, Episode 2 and 3 I'd like to start the DLC after Episode 2 if I can.

Thanks for any info here.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice496,914
    Posted on 20 October 12 at 15:47
    The DLC's follow on after the main game. I don't think they'll auto run so you'll probably need to launch them yourself from the menu
  • ljp0390ljp0390112,474
    Posted on 20 October 12 at 17:42
    ^^ correct...both dlc's have to be launched seprately in the main menu.
    u mad bro?
  • Posted on 20 October 12 at 21:45
    Sweet, thanks. I noticed they were launched from the menu last night after I posted, but still wasn't sure if they fit into the story and the devs were just lazy by making use start from the menu or if it was that way because it comes after the main story.

Thanks again.
  • Posted on 21 October 12 at 19:55
    I haven't hit the DLC yet either. In the same situation. They answered your question, gotta commence it yourself after the story. I got both DLC forever ago, but I am getting closer to actually doing something about them. Alan Wake here I come!!!
  • GunnerkiteGunnerkite399,887
    Posted on 22 October 12 at 09:02
    play both DLCs in order (Signal then Writer) AFTER finishing the main game, they follow directly on and you won't know whats going on if you play them part way though the campaign.
  • Posted on 26 October 12 at 03:37
    Oceans 4 Ransom said:
    I haven't hit the DLC yet either. In the same situation. They answered your question, gotta commence it yourself after the story. I got both DLC forever ago, but I am getting closer to actually doing something about them. Alan Wake here I come!!!
    I just 1k'd it last night and I'm about to start on The Signal DLC. It's a VERY good game IMO. One thing I hated about it is the controls. I realize Mr. Wake is not Marcus Fenix Or Ezio Auditore that move with precision, and that Wake's just an everyday guy not used to combat, but I think Remedy went a little overboard with the loose controls trying to make it feel like we're playing Joe the plumber. The controls are absolutely horrible IMO. However, the story is good enough to make the control scheme a very minor issue for me. Other than that, it's absolutely fantastic. Likeable characters, great creepy atmosphere, original, and lighting in the game is fantastic. Moving from deep darkness to intense light is done very well and that's difficult to pull off.

Have fun hope you enjoy the game!

Gunnerkite said:
    play both DLCs in order (Signal then Writer) AFTER finishing the main game, they follow directly on and you won't know whats going on if you play them part way though the campaign.
    Right on. Thanks for the info! I'm about to start The Signal right now. I hope it's as good as the game and it leaves me wanting more haha.
  • DaShAgDaShAg254,126
    Posted on 10 January 13 at 12:28
    I absolutely had no problems with the controls
  • Posted on 11 January 13 at 00:00
    DaShAg said:
    I absolutely had no problems with the controls
    But you have a cool gamerpic therefore no game control scheme will ever give you trouble! True story.

My prob with them was just that they weren't as responsive as I'd have liked them to be. I normally like sensitive controls. I'm not a gamer that jams the thumbstick in a direction as quickly as possible because that actually hurts in the long run, especially on games that require some sort of shooting (can't pull off a head shot if I jam my right stick all the way haha). In pretty much any Kojima game jamming on the T sticks will hurt you in the end.

Actually, this gives me an idea for a new thread. Imma ask about how people hold their controllers. I know it's stupid to some, but stupid things like this interest me haha.
  • Posted on 18 September 13 at 04:41
    When you play 'The Signal', which is a great DLC in my opinion, do keep in mind that 'The Writer' is even better :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads