Game Discussion: RAGE

Now I have to play it again...

• thefrozeneskimothefrozeneskimo1,728,058
    Posted on 17 December 12 at 21:48
    Ok so I just want to preface this by saying that I really enjoyed RAGE the first time around. I planned my playthrough and got everything all in one go, but still had a great time playing it. But now, long after the game's release, they are putting out some DLC. Great, I think it would be fun to revisit RAGE a bit. But making me play through it ALL again, just for a measly achievement? After having already completed the game, I don't feel like I can just leave it alone, and I DO want to do the other new stuff. But I just feel like it's kind of a crappy move to the players who enjoy getting achievements to make them play through it all again...

Anyone else agree/disagree?
  • Posted on 17 December 12 at 23:40
    Disagree.

Maybe this will be more challenging then Nightmare and it gives the game waaaay more replay value then just adding a few quests which can be done in a measly 30 minutes (maybe those quests aren't that much but it's also about having a new challenge which is that difficulty).

But they are a bit late though xD.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
  • Team BissetTeam Bisset1,265,378
    Posted on 18 December 12 at 02:43
    The problem with the post is really.
    1)You dont have to play it
    2)Most people are happy about it, they finally give a brilliant game good dlc
    3)Who says you have to play through it all again as this has not been confirmed
  • Posted on 18 December 12 at 12:20
    I wish every game I enjoyed came out with a new difficulty a year after I was done with the game, best replayability conceivable for achievement addicts
  • caelichcaelich126,883
    Posted on 18 December 12 at 17:33
    I have barely scratched the surface of the game so I can't comment on having to replay it. I just wonder how hard the new difficulty actually is and if I can even do it. I guess we'll see.
    Posted on 18 December 12 at 17:56, Edited on 18 December 12 at 17:58 by thefrozeneskimo
    The lateness is what bothers me the most. Like I said, I really enjoyed playing the game the first time around - it has great gameplay and the nightmare difficulty was a fun challenge without being ludicrously difficult. But with almost no notice, over a year after the game's release...?

The difficulty achievement is the only irksome one in my mind. I have no problem with the release of the DLC itself, so late. Just the difficulty achievement.

Thank goodness I enjoyed this one enough to keep it and not sell it back after completion tho ;)

Oh, I have to say though - I wish more companies would release such a substantial DLC at such a low price. clap Cheers for that, id.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice492,973
    Posted on 18 December 12 at 18:25
    Aww diddums
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,464
    Posted on 18 December 12 at 23:26
    Disagree, I enjoyed this game so much I'm not even bothered with a new difficulty. Now get the sequel developed id Software laugh
    TrueAchievement Walkthrough Overseer - Completionist
  • misfit119misfit1191,175,027
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 05:32
    MCoreBE said:
    Disagree, I enjoyed this game so much I'm not even bothered with a new difficulty. Now get the sequel developed id Software laugh
    I'd settle for them releasing the second half of the game. Seeing as how the game just kind of sputters, farts and then drops dead I'd have really appreciated a finished product. Making me replay through the main game again isn't good DLC. Giving me the ability to keep playing after the ending isn't good DLC - like Fallout 3 before it, it's common sense that game devs apparently choose not to have.

That said seeing as how it's just one achievement in a new piece of DLC I'm not going to complain too hard. Then again, again I wasn't so impressed by the game the first time to do the whole thing yet again but even harder.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • AlangelusAlangelus374,448
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 16:28
    I enjoyed the game, and a new difficulty sounds great. I also have to commend them for releasing it with such a low price. What really urks me though, is that the DLC has been released over a year later, after a lot of people have probably completed it and traded in/sold it on (such as myself).

So basically, I have to pay out again to either re-buy or rent it to be able to complete it a second time. I adore Bethesda as they make fantastic games. However this is a bad move for them to waste their time on what will probably end up annoying people more than pleasing them.
    Posted on 20 December 12 at 06:25
    Yeah, I overreacted when I heard about this DLC, as I had already completed the game and wasn't really looking forward to playing through it again. I just finished it on Ultra-Nightmare, and I have to say I forgot how much I enjoyed the game. The gameplay is a lot of fun and I didn't find it too onerous of a task to replay. But I do have to agree with Alangelus - the ending was really anticlimactic.

That being said, it was definitely worth my $5 and thankfully, I still had it from my first time through so I didn't have to re-buy it or anything (sorry Alangelus!) :p

Not a GOTY winner, but definitely a fun title to play and I appreciate the breaking out of sequelitis that gaming has become.
  • M1 462M1 462230,647
    Posted on 21 December 12 at 00:15
    Ok guys I enjoyed playing through the game. Not the best game ever but still was fun. Awesome starting price for a DLC. Dropping the DLC a year later AND making me play through the whole campaign again? WTF? For those of you that creamed your pants about playing through the campaign I'm glad its that easy for you. But you can put the game in your console at any time and do that. Why make all the DLC achievements relevant for the DLC but stick one achievement in there for relatively the same difficulty and make me play the entire campaign without really changing anything? I mean its better than Halo who releases a 2-3 map DLC with 5 or so achievements and charge me 10 dollars. Someone mentioned Fallout DLCs - great example (ignore the gamerpic for 2 seconds). It's an add-on you can play at any time during or after the main campaign. If you want to go back and play the main campaign - feel free. If you're like and just want to buy the DLC, experience that content and net some chievo's, you have that option. Sorry a little bit of a rant there but I needed to set a few of you guys straight about DLCs.
    Posted on 21 December 12 at 00:58
    M1 462 said:
    Why make all the DLC achievements relevant for the DLC but stick one achievement in there for relatively the same difficulty and make me play the entire campaign without really changing anything? I mean its better than Halo who releases a 2-3 map DLC with 5 or so achievements and charge me 10 dollars. Someone mentioned Fallout DLCs - great example (ignore the gamerpic for 2 seconds). It's an add-on you can play at any time during or after the main campaign. If you want to go back and play the main campaign - feel free. If you're like and just want to buy the DLC, experience that content and net some chievo's, you have that option.
    Agreed. I thought it was a bit lame and completely out of place with the rest of the achievements to make you play it through again, only on a slightly harder version. But I'd LOVE for more DLC to only cost $5... :D
  • DaShAgDaShAg254,075
    Posted on 28 December 12 at 23:40
    I disagree dude.

I completed this game earlier this year in 15 hours, that was on the hardest difficulty back then. Game was way too short for the amount of awsomeness it carries.

The new difficulty gives me a reason to play it again, and really, after 1 year that isn't such a bad thing at all.

I also really enjoyed the new places from this DLC, looking stunning as ever.

You should encourage DLC like this. Only 400 MSP and so long after the game releases is just awesome !
  • M1 462M1 462230,647
    Posted on 21 January 13 at 17:08
    Don't get me wrong - I thoroughly enjoyed the DLC. I think the Rebar Rifle is one of my top 5 video game weapons of all time. DLC for 400 MSP is awesome too. I just don't like when DLC requires an entire playthrough of the regular game. Make the DLC storyline longer but don't tie it to the main game (like AC Brotherhood attaching the 100% sync achievement of the entire game to the DLC). I would like to see them make a second Rage. My only two suggestions are: 1) make it longer (like you said 13-15 hours for Nightmare is extremely short for this genre) and 2) instead of dungeon missions make it more sandbox and open (which would also increase replay value).
  • DeadGreg84DeadGreg84117,471
    Posted on 18 March 14 at 14:43
    I don't get how ppl complain about so many games that say how many DLCs they going to have even before they release the game, it happens with almost every game but now ID released a game, worked hard for a year on DLC and ppl still complain, f**k me...
  • hawk synhawk syn132,206
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 00:42
    DeadGreg84 said:I don't get how ppl complain about so many games that say how many DLCs they going to have even before they release the game, it happens with almost every game but now ID released a game, worked hard for a year on DLC and ppl still complain, f**k me...Amen to that one
    Dude chill
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads