Upcoming Games

Want to chat about games that will be coming out soon? Here's the place to do it

Final Fantasy 7 remake

• SysRestartSysRestart700,280
    Posted on 18 December 12 at 15:24, Edited on 18 December 12 at 15:25 by SysRestart
    FF7 is probably one of the best RPGs of all time. I doubt that it will ever make it on to any Microsoft console. Even if it did I doubt I would play it. I played the game for 100s of hours on my PS1/PS2 and when it is release in the PS3 store I purchased it and played an hour and was disappointed in it. When it was released it was stat of the art now the graphics and such are sub-par. Any further play time on any system might change my perception of this game.
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 00:20
    Well, FFVII, was and still is one of my favorite Final Titles ever, i played all of them up to the ninth edition, when Squaresoft decide to go with Sony. Unfortunately that was pretty much a death sentence for the franchise in my universe. I never managed to get into XII and by then the magic was gone. Now if you ask me if a remake would temp me....Absofuckinlutly. Silent Hill, Doom and Metal Gear all got their HD overhaul, why can't FFXII hop on the bandwagon. Now i realize that undertaking the overhaul of such a title might be more complicated then re-releasing a franchise on a new platform but seeing the impact produced by that game at the time of its release, i believe it makes for risk worth venture. Now i must admit that the fact the head of the original game as retired does worry me, especially when i look at the movie industry and see the very poor results achieved by production houses when it comes to movie remakes or reboots. Now if you ask me if there's a market for it i yes HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
    NHL 13 Legend, 183 Games, 190 G, 99 A , 289 PTS, HUT Record 13-3-0, Facebook Steven Riggs
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 23:24
    Real Riggs 09 said:
    Well, FFVII, was and still is one of my favorite Final Titles ever, i played all of them up to the ninth edition, when Squaresoft decide to go with Sony. Unfortunately that was pretty much a death sentence for the franchise in my universe. I never managed to get into XII and by then the magic was gone. Now if you ask me if a remake would temp me....Absofuckinlutly. Silent Hill, Doom and Metal Gear all got their HD overhaul, why can't FFXII hop on the bandwagon. Now i realize that undertaking the overhaul of such a title might be more complicated then re-releasing a franchise on a new platform but seeing the impact produced by that game at the time of its release, i believe it makes for risk worth venture. Now i must admit that the fact the head of the original game as retired does worry me, especially when i look at the movie industry and see the very poor results achieved by production houses when it comes to movie remakes or reboots. Now if you ask me if there's a market for it i yes HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd absolutely love a Silent Hill 1 and MGS 1 remake. The HD collection for MGS (MGS2, 3 and Peace Walker) are done very, very well. It has some challenging achievements and the HD upgrade is very noticeable. I wasn't too impressed with SH2's HD upgrade. It looks like the same PS2 game to me. But a plain ol' HD upgrade to MGS1 and SH1 would be most welcome for me.

FFVII, however, I want done at least on par with the PS3 tech demo and preferably more along the lines of FF13 graphically. I normally don't care about graphics, but I've played FF7 so many times that it's time for a nice graphical update!

I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but another one I would like to see remade is Xenogears (not Xenosaga). Although I'd take the other 5 episodes of Xenogears in NES graphics if I had to choose between that and a Xenogears remake.
  • Strategy OneStrategy One707,059
    Posted on 25 October 14 at 08:08
    I would like them to remake this for the One.. Hell even the Xbox 360 would be nice.
    Whos stupid idea was it to call Xbox One Xbone? Lame.
  • WJS OsirisWJS Osiris974,216
    Posted on 24 June 15 at 02:33
    Le Lone Wolf said:I would like them to remake this for the One.. Hell even the Xbox 360 would be nice.Announced.....
    time to bring this thread back and talk about achieves we would like to see or even just if people think its coming to xbox.
  • WJS OsirisWJS Osiris974,216
    Posted on 26 June 15 at 00:24, Edited on 26 June 15 at 00:26 by WJS Osiris
    KurenaiTsuki X said:I agree SE needs to remaster FFVII. Hey, maybe it will come out in 2017 as a 20th anniversary release.Prediction granted..
    Sorry guys really want to talk some ff7 and am hoping the thread gets noticed again so i dont need to start a new one. If xbox does get this achieves i think would be awsome would be...
    1 weaponized
    defeat all the weapons, wouldnt it be fucking sweet if they added a new weapon or two
    2 skittles
    create all master materia
    3 not again!!!!
    think you all know where im going with this but...
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

4 didnt use a guide
    Beat the story without vincent yuffie or knights of the round in your party
  • Posted on 30 January 16 at 22:06
    The Achievements/trophies will probably be hard af to get. Made for the story and nostalgia.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads