Game Discussion: Alan Wake

Alan Wake

• michaelusedmichaelused502,366
    Posted on 05 January 14 at 03:20
    I've only done one playthrough of this game but I found it excellent. One of my favorite games on Xbox 360 hands down. The story kept me playing constantly. I'd love to go back through and have another playthrough for the collectables but sadly I don't own it. Maybe one day I'll drop the cash and pick it up.
  • Posted on 06 January 14 at 02:09, Edited on 06 January 14 at 02:11 by ErdricksDescent
    Loved this game. Kind of bummed they never did a proper sequel, though I suppose there's always hope. It's a bit shorter than most games I play, but loved the story (also a Stephen King fan). I'm not a huge fan of collectibles that only exist to be collectible, though I guess they do serve the purpose of getting you to explore the game world a bit.

The thermoses are really the only collectible that doesn't add anything though and most of them were pretty easy to spot. Given the whole, is it a dream, is he awake thing, I thought not having the coffee accomplish anything in the story was a bit of a missed opportunity.

All in all much less tedious than most other games where you have to go searching for things to collect, though I suppose my opinion might be different if the one thermos I missed after following the guide hadn't been the one in episode one you have to hike back to the car to get and I'd had to play a third time to find it lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads