Twitter

• Fixed
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13542,239
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 13:14
    No worries.
    What the brown?
  • angelskangelsk1,459,948
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 15:40
    Same here - no matter how many times I reauthorise it doesn't post my milestones to Twitter; though it will do the test post - and Facebook works.
    Developer, Feminist, Gamer, Geek
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,394
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 15:47
    Yeah test post always works as that's triggered by the site whilst the rest is from the scanners.

We'll get to the bottom of it!
    I speak for me, the site speaks for itself
  • angelskangelsk1,459,948
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 15:48
    Thank you :)
    Developer, Feminist, Gamer, Geek
  • zzUrbanSpacemanzzUrbanSpaceman1,514,275
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 22:05
    Hunch: it might be to do with changing IP addresses on the scanners.
    I don't exist.
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 22:11
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:Hunch: it might be to do with changing IP addresses on the scanners.That would stop them all though wouldn't it? and this has been an issue for a long time before they were changed I think.
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 22:59
    Different scanners run on different IP addresses. Rich has changed IP address from time to time for the scanners, and it takes a while for people to notice their updates aren't tweeting any more. This might explain why it works for some people and not others? The Twitter auth might be doing a secondary check against the IP address and rejecting the attempt.
    I don't exist.
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 23:47
    They should be all on the same one now (and have been for some time I believe)
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 23:53
    Spilner said:They should be all on the same one now (and have been for some time I believe)Ah fair enough. Maybe not the scanner IP then, but the server IPs. If the server has multiple addresses, it might be semi-randomly picking different ones to connect out to the Twitter API.
    I don't exist.
  • Posted on 28 November 14 at 17:38
    DarthGoose13 said:my twitter feed has ceased to post any new achievements. cryI've been having the same problem for the last couple of weeks. It's really odd, because if I change my status on the site, that will post to my Twitter. It's only achievements that don't get posted. I know you guys are working on the Twitter stuff, but I just wanted to post about my odd problem, because I haven't seen any recent posts about it.
  • FlavorMcNubsFlavorMcNubs161,019
    Posted on 28 November 14 at 21:51
    +1 to the Twitter posts not working for achievements. Bumming me out. :(
    Posted on 29 November 14 at 03:38
    paintballgirl said:DarthGoose13 said:my twitter feed has ceased to post any new achievements. cryI've been having the same problem for the last couple of weeks. It's really odd, because if I change my status on the site, that will post to my Twitter. It's only achievements that don't get posted. I know you guys are working on the Twitter stuff, but I just wanted to post about my odd problem, because I haven't seen any recent posts about it.This is what happens for everyone, status is sent one way and the achievement tweets another, the achievement tweets happen with a scan which im assuming is where the problem lies.

Ive no new information, sorry.
    Posted on 04 December 14 at 13:56
    Right, we're hoping these issues are now fixed. I have access to a log of social updates attempted by your accounts now so if you have an issue still please let me know. However if you can follow these steps the first time so you're starting a fresh so to speak:
    Head to the twitter app section (https://twitter.com/settings/applications) and revoke the access TA/TT has (whichever isnt working) and either undo it to see if that works or then go into your twitter settings on here (Twitter Settings), remove details and then authorize again.
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13542,239
    Posted on 04 December 14 at 22:55
    Everything seems to be working o.k now. Thanks. clap
    What the brown?
  • Information
    Posted on 08 December 14 at 17:29
    This post was archived by Spilner
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads