Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Free Xbox Live Weekend In Specific Regions

• Nexus GruntNexus Grunt162,207
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 17:40
    Plus a few little extras for Borderlands, Assassins Creed III, and Far Cry 3

Please click here to read the story: Free Xbox Live Weekend In Specific Regions

Credit goes to Dominator Dale for this story
  • Posted on 19 April 13 at 17:53
    Awesome!
  • MtldMtld2,465,774
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 17:54
    Perfect timing :)

I was planning on boosting with a silver account. With this event, I won't need to use one of my 48-hour passes.

YaY!
  • Posted on 19 April 13 at 17:55
    when will it be double xp in far cry 3??
  • liiamiliiami306,902
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 17:57
    Confirming the shift code works in the good old UK. Thanks.
  • Excited MilkExcited Milk304,664
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 18:20
    but who was united states?
  • Posted on 19 April 13 at 18:28
    just to let you guys know the shift code on borderlands 2 gives you 3 keys to use on the golden chest
  • Posted on 19 April 13 at 18:49, Edited on 19 April 13 at 18:50 by loadsmorewubwub
    wicked, i like keys dance
  • SMacD upSMacD up184,792
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 18:54
    How often do these usually happen? I am trying to plan how I will work through some of the Portal 2 achievements with one a friend, particularly the mentor one, and this would be perfect.. if I weren't going to be too busy to do it this weekend.
  • Posted on 19 April 13 at 19:05
    MingledFurball said:
    just to let you guys know the shift code on borderlands 2 gives you 3 keys to use on the golden chest
    How far along do I need to be in the game to use this? And is it something that I can pick up and use at a later date?
    Lord Namlig
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 19:09
    I would say these happen 2-4 times a year. You are never going to get much notice, if you want to plan stuff you need Gold.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • SMacD upSMacD up184,792
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 19:12
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    I would say these happen 2-4 times a year. You are never going to get much notice, if you want to plan stuff you need Gold.
    Asking mostly because we need a third account that hasn't played the game for both myself and my friend to do all of the achievements, and on a free gold weekend we can just create a new account to accomplish that.
  • The MascalThe Mascal2,669,813
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 19:27
    Lord Namlig said:
    MingledFurball said:
    How far along do I need to be in the game to use this? And is it something that I can pick up and use at a later date?
    As soon as you enter the main city, don't remember the name. One or two hours in the game smile
    Beer.
  • Death AwakinDeath Awakin340,008
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 19:42
    Cool!
  • Posted on 19 April 13 at 19:44
    Mr Mascal 77 said:
    Lord Namlig said:
    MingledFurball said:
    As soon as you enter the main city, don't remember the name. One or two hours in the game smile
    Sanctuary is the city.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,355,191
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 20:39
    Lord Namlig said:
    MingledFurball said:
    You can save them, once redeemed, and can use it any time after reaching sanctuary (or any time at all in someone elses game if they have sanctuary unlocked).

The catch is that a golden key gives you something at your level (usually purple)....so you can use it early, and get low level gear, or wait and get some decent high level stuff.

If you follow gearbox on twitter and/or Facebook, they give out golden key codes a few times a month, so no real need to hoard them.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 April 13 at 21:18, Edited on 19 April 13 at 21:23 by
    Code doesn't work in the UK :(

EDIT: That was according to my brother. The code DOES work, but he redeemed from the Xbox Guide.
    Bored of Life? Good.
  • Posted on 19 April 13 at 21:35, Edited on 19 April 13 at 21:35 by roy obanion
    RewardingBeers said:
    Mr Mascal 77 said:
    Lord Namlig said:
    MingledFurball said:
    Sanctuary is the city.
    You can enter shift codes from the main menu of the game, no need to make any progress in it.

SMacD up said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Asking mostly because we need a third account that hasn't played the game for both myself and my friend to do all of the achievements, and on a free gold weekend we can just create a new account to accomplish that.
    Just create a new XBL account, it gets gold for what, one month?
  • Posted on 19 April 13 at 21:37, Edited on 19 April 13 at 21:37 by Parallax Demon
    The Gold keys code for BL2 also works in the Netherlands, even though we don't have a free Gold weekend.
    Just got three keys from the code.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,567,910
    Posted on 19 April 13 at 22:58, Edited on 19 April 13 at 22:58 by xPut Name Herex
    roy obanion said:
    SMacD up said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Just create a new XBL account, it gets gold for what, one month?
    You only get three 1-month trials per Xbox (all of which can only be used on newly created accounts). So why waste them for a thing that's only a couple hours naturally?
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads