Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PES Scores Rights To AFC Champions League

• BrassBrumBrassBrum228,373
  • Xantium89Xantium89656,536
    Posted on 26 April 13 at 17:35
    YES! I've always dreamed of playing a legendary match between Al-Ahli and Ulsan Hyundai
  • Posted on 26 April 13 at 18:11
    Xantium89 said:
    YES! I've always dreamed of playing a legendary match between Al-Ahli and Ulsan Hyundai
    Hasn't everyone?
    100% Red Dead Redemption 100% L.A Noire
  • eViL mOnKeY 270eViL mOnKeY 2701,298,802
    Posted on 26 April 13 at 18:53
    Why don't they just buy a license that would actually have a positive impact on sales
  • Posted on 26 April 13 at 18:59
    lol. what a load of shit. they are really clutching at straws now. just give up.
  • Ry FryyRy Fryy418,352
    Posted on 26 April 13 at 20:25
    Cool. I don't know much about AFC teams (apart from a few Japanese, Korean, and Australian teams) but always nice to see them adding stuff.

Also, fuck the user above me.
  • Posted on 26 April 13 at 21:20
    i guess this actually WILL boost their sales in the asian region. this series is quite popular in japan.
  • BondlingDadBondlingDad159,081
    Posted on 26 April 13 at 21:32
    @Rastabikerman - Considering EA has monopolised the rights to most leagues in the world it'd be hard for Konami to fix it! Personally I have always been a FIFA man but I'm buying PES 2014, not because they got licences for the AFC Champions League but because EA are disgusting.
  • Blackbelt29Blackbelt29137,387
    Posted on 26 April 13 at 22:10
    Go Daegu FC !
  • QwanimalQwanimal1,034,406
    Posted on 26 April 13 at 23:21
    rastabikerman said:
    lol. what a load of shit. they are really clutching at straws now. just give up.
    Great, and we'll just have no competition against FIFA and no incentive for EA to improve their game and not fill it with ripoff microtransactions. Last time EA thought they had no competition we ended up with FIFA2000, the shittest football game ever made and the only game i've ever returned in disgust for a full refund.

FYI PES is getting better again, FIFA is stagnating. If konami just included a better achievement list it would be a guaranteed purchase for me.
  • Posted on 26 April 13 at 23:38
    Nice, but i`m more of fifa !!
  • Posted on 27 April 13 at 09:45
    You know how on playstation you can install a patch to update the players and teams to be genuine?
    Is that possible on the xbox?

Cos if this PES with the Fox engine turns out to be great I might have to get the PS version instead of FIFA on the xbox.
  • Posted on 27 April 13 at 10:19
    REALLY....REALLY....Your Really think getting the AFC Champions League will help shift more copies of you game an catch up to FIFA. maybe in the Asian market but im sure the rest of the world dosnt care about there league/clubs. I just put that money into making PES game engine better and the true football fans will come back.
  • AP 8T8AP 8T82,838,287
    Posted on 27 April 13 at 10:46
    The asian market is a pretty big one you know.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,066,951
    Posted on 27 April 13 at 11:18, Edited on 27 April 13 at 11:19 by NawtyCawty
    AP 8T8 said:
    The asian market is a pretty big one you know.
    Not for Xbox. Only about 5 people own one lol.

I must admit to agreeing with Rastabikerman. I mean really what is the fucking point. I gave up playing as London United years ago.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 April 13 at 17:25
    OleGunnar Booey said:
    @Rastabikerman - Considering EA has monopolised the rights to most leagues in the world it'd be hard for Konami to fix it! Personally I have always been a FIFA man but I'm buying PES 2014, not because they got licences for the AFC Champions League but because EA are disgusting.
    Could not have put it better myself
  • Posted on 27 April 13 at 19:47
    Qwanimal said:
    rastabikerman said:
    Great, and we'll just have no competition against FIFA and no incentive for EA to improve their game and not fill it with ripoff microtransactions. Last time EA thought they had no competition we ended up with FIFA2000, the shittest football game ever made and the only game i've ever returned in disgust for a full refund.

FYI PES is getting better again, FIFA is stagnating. If konami just included a better achievement list it would be a guaranteed purchase for me.
    yeah, because adding the asian league will suddenly make pes an amazing game. it wont mean anything for the vast majority of people.
  • toddycsttoddycst707,782
    Posted on 27 April 13 at 23:45
    I predict Broncos and Patriots in the AFC Championship.
  • I darklost II darklost I112,995
    Posted on 28 April 13 at 13:34
    Lucky Conquerer said:
    OleGunnar Booey said:
    Could not have put it better myself
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Davoon66Davoon6680,589
    Posted on 29 April 13 at 11:37
    I wouldn't mind playing merseyside reds or wtf those names were in pes6 if i didn't feel like i'm controlling clumsey robots. EA is a disgrace, i hate them with a passion but FIFA feels good. PES feels sh*t.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads