Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Since Google is making Achievements for Android...

• Posted on 19 May 13 at 18:16, Edited on 20 July 14 at 18:59 by CassiopeiaGames
    I think it would be quite good if we could get the tracking going on here.

Obviously, these achievements should not get part of the gamerscore, but could get their own - Androidscore - and could be a part of the trueachievements score.

I am gonna need the solutions, not to mention the leaderboards and the tracking in my quest.

- Anyone else liking this idea?

[Update]
    We ended talking over in the truetrophies.com thread, as Rich showed interest in making a stand-alone google/android achievements site, so I asked him to open this thread for further discussion.
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • Posted on 19 May 13 at 18:39
    Nah.
  • Posted on 19 May 13 at 18:41
    It's not GamerScore, it's not TrueAchievements material!
    Feel free to PM me about gaming, or anything else! FR me too, but please include a PM :D
  • AndyLSimmonsAndyLSimmons156,277
    Posted on 19 May 13 at 18:52
    As we said with play station and steam achievements, these should not be part of the TrueAchievement score.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 May 13 at 23:22
    Trueandroidscore.com?
  • matdanmatdan862,972
  • planting42planting422,094,243
    Posted on 20 May 13 at 05:51
    AndyLSimmons said:
    As we said with play station and steam achievements, these should not be part of the TrueAchievement score.
    Everything has achievements it seems these days, but TA has so far (and I hope it remains this way) only tracked achievements that are tied to our Gamerscore.
    www.GTASC.net
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,903,899
    Posted on 20 May 13 at 06:11
    AndyLSimmons said:
    Agree. Not the site's sweet spot, and taken to the logical extent, dilutes the community and site to the point of silliness.

There is probably room for a cross-platform tracking site but this site ain't it.
  • Posted on 20 May 13 at 09:27, Edited on 22 May 13 at 14:04 by CassiopeiaGames
    Allright, it seems I am the only one who thinks it's a good idea. If a mod comes by, I request it to be locked. I have no need to be reminded that my idea is not supported by the other users on the site. smile

I'll find another site that hopefully will track the android achievements.

- Opened again by my request, please read the update in the OP.
  • Posted on 22 May 13 at 14:04
    Updated.
  • Posted on 27 June 14 at 00:46
    I reckon Rich is still following this thread, and for every one else interested.

Google talked about Google Play Games during Google I/O and it seems they are planning a lot of things, so making an android achievement based site might even be feasible.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-Play-Games-gets-user-p...
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,394
    Posted on 27 June 14 at 00:53
    How do you now he is even following it in the first place?
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • Posted on 27 June 14 at 02:01
    I directed him here when he showed interest, he was the one re-opening the thread.
  • DCM7734DCM7734219,988
    Posted on 27 June 14 at 03:50
    Apple product games have achievements these days... if this happens, apple should get this as well.
    Call Of Duty Ghosts Tourney info: Deadline: July 2ND, 23:59:59 PST http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=4558911
  • Posted on 27 June 14 at 10:45
    Yeah, Apple has Game Center. Question is what each company will focus on.
  • Posted on 20 July 14 at 19:16
    http://i.imgur.com/TX5S80a.png

I like the setup so far. Splitting into genres. Biggest problem is that most games has multiple genres, so it is not too well thought out of a choice.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,670,016
    Posted on 21 July 14 at 05:09
    A TrueDroid site would be pretty cool, but like with Steam, I think Truetrophies needs to catch up and really get on its feet before throwing another site into the mix. Seeing as Android, I think, has a score system tied to its a achievements, it would make more sense to come before Steam since we wouldn't have to create our an base scoring system.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 August 14 at 05:11
    I hope this idea hasn't died.
  • Posted on 01 July 15 at 22:14
    Hey guys, don't mean to bump up such an old thread, but if some of you are interested I have created a website community strictly on earning android and google play achievements and getting your score up.. the site is still in it's infancy, and we're welcoming all new players to join and will have open mod positions soon.

If you are interested check it out http://www.droidachievements.com
  • Posted on 22 April 16 at 10:39
    A little update for Rich to know, I think he still follows this thread. Yesterday google play asked me to create a username for my account, so there's still some progress in the making of Google Play.
    gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads