Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gears of War: Judgment Title Update Notes

• Posted on 31 May 13 at 19:28, Edited on 01 June 13 at 02:49 by alanp9
    Funny how some of the things being patched in this update were suggested by the hardcore Gears fans since the start. Only after realising that they are the only ones left playing then they listen. LEL. lelelelelelel. Man I love that.

Mod edit: No "first" posts allowed here.
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face677,921
    Posted on 31 May 13 at 19:36
    stim fix seems nice. lets hope this game is bearable now
  • Posted on 31 May 13 at 19:38
    Pretty substantial fix list here.

Haven't played Judgement. It just doesn't look interesting to me and I'm not ready to spend another 60+ bucks on a Gears game. I mean I'm still playing Gears 3...

Is Judgement decent at all? I'm sure that question would get varied responses from both hardcore Gears fans and casual players.

I would consider myself a pretty big Gears fan. I got all the achievements in Gears 1 and am missing just a couple thousand kills in Gears 2 for the Seriously 2.0. I'm also slowly working my way through the Gears 3 achievements, (although there's no way I'm going to get all the Onyx medals. You'd either have to play for 6 years or boost for a year or 2 to get it. It's not worth it to me as much as I'd like to have Gears 1, 2, and 3 all completed.)

I'm fairly certain I'm going to skip Judgement and wait for the next big Gears.
  • Posted on 31 May 13 at 19:41
    GreenhaIofreak said:
    Pretty substantial fix list here.

Haven't played Judgement. It just doesn't look interesting to me and I'm not ready to spend another 60+ bucks on a Gears game. I mean I'm still playing Gears 3...

Is Judgement decent at all? I'm sure that question would get varied responses from both hardcore Gears fans and casual players.

I would consider myself a pretty big Gears fan. I got all the achievements in Gears 1 and am missing just a couple thousand kills in Gears 2 for the Seriously 2.0. I'm also slowly working my way through the Gears 3 achievements, (although there's no way I'm going to get all the Onyx medals. You'd either have to play for 6 years or boost for a year or 2 to get it. It's not worth it to me as much as I'd like to have Gears 1, 2, and 3 all completed.)

I'm fairly certain I'm going to skip Judgement and wait for the next big Gears.
    Gears is one of the reason I bought an Xbox 360. I can say, in all honesty, that you aren't missing out. Judgment was unnecessary. It will be forgotten, don't worry. We will pretend it never happened. Although it had some fun modes, it could have just been implemented in a future Gears title.
  • Dino MartyrDino Martyr160,197
    Posted on 31 May 13 at 19:45
    I'm glad they've changed the footstep noise. Not being able hear what team is approaching was the only problem I had with COG Vs COG.
    Nice touch for them to sort the Prize Boxes to,
  • SanadaSanada738,552
    Posted on 31 May 13 at 19:54
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
  • coinfrenzycoinfrenzy872,184
    Posted on 31 May 13 at 19:56
    There's going to be another gears :O
    I don't know if I should be happy or annoyed considering gears has always been my favorite game but since gears 3 killed my love for it I really haven't given judgment much time to peak my interest
    i am looking for a female achievement hunter to play with<3 like an xbox best friend
  • Posted on 31 May 13 at 20:05, Edited on 31 May 13 at 20:05 by AcE ViCTiMiZER
    Also a VERY important update: (Note: Entropy = Jim Brown from Epic games)

Originally Posted by Gearsoholic1259
    I thought one of the changes would be able to earn the Call to Arm achievements in private matches. That's not listed up there though.

Originally Posted by Entropy
    I believe that was indeed fixed, but just left off the list.

Source: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/964885-5-30-Update-TU-No...

Should be added to the first post.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 May 13 at 20:21
    Lost Relics Achievements

You Can’t Hide- Earn the Tree House Predator ribbon on Ward (10 points)

Getting it Done- Destroy the generator in under 8 minutes on any DLC map (30 points)

Dread the Rage- Get a multi-kill while playing as an enraged Rager on Ward (10 points)

Drop the Mic- Finish wave 10 of Survival at the first e-hole on Ward on at least Normal difficulty (50 points)

Flag Runner- Score a flag cap on Streets, Rig, Gondola, Library, Lost City, Museum, and Checkout (25 points)

Look What I Found- Get a kill with each pickup weapon in FFA during a single game on the map Lost City (15 points)

Flag Dropped- Kill the flag carrier a total of 20 times (20 points)

Pendulum Wars- Win a TDM, DOM, and BT match with your entire team wearing the UIR Armor skin (40 points)

For Gorasnaya!- Score 5 flags in BT as Paduk (20 points)

Golden Artifacts-Win a public or ranked game of Execution on Museum with all players using the Gold character and weapon skins (30 points)
  • Posted on 31 May 13 at 20:22
    AcE ViCTiMiZER said:

I thought one of the changes would be able to earn the Call to Arm achievements in private matches. That's not listed up there though.

I was actually going to comment asking that exact question, good to have it confirmed, but I'll wait and see.

Lots of good and nessary fixes listed here. Though I wish that these were addressed in the testing phase, BEFORE launch. As a whole, I my unlearned opinion, this game is a piddlestain on the gears franchise as a whole, overrun being the only real thing that I enjoy out of the $60 I spent, $40 would have made me feel less robbed by this game.
    never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you
  • dashkiddashkid227,766
    Posted on 31 May 13 at 20:30
    SO "dedicated servers" means epic will have to host lobbies again for the surprise ach seeing as though the servers are not dedicated now...They were suppose to make this obtainable in local lobbies and in private matches...According to Epic admins this was fixed a while ago and not listed. At least the new ach are not that hard

I SOOOOOO can't wait to be done with this game and I am a die hard gears fan
  • Posted on 31 May 13 at 21:12
    El Munchico said:
    Lost Relics Achievements

Getting it Done- Destroy the generator in under 8 minutes on any DLC map (30 points)

Dread the Rage- Get a multi-kill while playing as an enraged Rager on Ward (10 points)

Drop the Mic- Finish wave 10 of Survival at the first e-hole on Ward on at least Normal difficulty (50 points)

Flag Runner- Score a flag cap on Streets, Rig, Gondola, Library, Lost City, Museum, and Checkout (25 points)

Look What I Found- Get a kill with each pickup weapon in FFA during a single game on the map Lost City (15 points)

Pendulum Wars- Win a TDM, DOM, and BT match with your entire team wearing the UIR Armor skin (40 points)

Golden Artifacts-Win a public or ranked game of Execution on Museum with all players using the Gold character and weapon skins (30 points)
    Golden Artifacts is going to be a colossal pain in the bum. I already have Gold Armour and Gold skin for Lancer and Gnasher, so in that respect I'm sorted, but finding a whole team with gold equipped on them AND then winning a match on the single map Museum... yeah, that'll be tough. Why do EPIC ALWAYS put stupid achievements like this in their games...
  • Jeh64Jeh64289,046
    Posted on 31 May 13 at 21:27
    Brock M Rambo said:
    AcE ViCTiMiZER said:

I was actually going to comment asking that exact question, good to have it confirmed, but I'll wait and see.

Lots of good and nessary fixes listed here. Though I wish that these were addressed in the testing phase, BEFORE launch. As a whole, I my unlearned opinion, this game is a piddlestain on the gears franchise as a whole, overrun being the only real thing that I enjoy out of the $60 I spent, $40 would have made me feel less robbed by this game.
    I just won a FFA match on boneyard and my counter didn't change, so it doesn't look like its working for me at least. :(
  • Snow BrigadeSnow Brigade190,340
    Posted on 31 May 13 at 21:38
    Too little too late? I mean it's great to hear a company is still supporting any game, but I heard there aren't even many people on the game anymore. And to be honest, are title update fixes really capable of making it not feel like a cod game? Gears 3 is one of my favorite games and I consider refraining from buying into Judgment one of the best video game decisions I've made.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 May 13 at 21:40
    Hooded Claw 006 said:
    El Munchico said:
    Lost Relics Achievements

Golden Artifacts is going to be a colossal pain in the bum. I already have Gold Armour and Gold skin for Lancer and Gnasher, so in that respect I'm sorted, but finding a whole team with gold equipped on them AND then winning a match on the single map Museum... yeah, that'll be tough. Why do EPIC ALWAYS put stupid achievements like this in their games...
    I would imagine that they would be included with the dlc but yeah, they always put these in, last dlc had it, most of Gears 3 ones had it
  • Posted on 31 May 13 at 21:44
    @El Munchico - You can only get the golden weapon skins through the normal prizeboxes. Gold Armour is only available through Rare prizebox. With the prizebox fix though, it shouldn't be long until you will have the armour and at least 2 gold weapons.

@jeh64 - This will update with the Title Update that is available when the new dlc hits.
  • Jeh64Jeh64289,046
    Posted on 31 May 13 at 21:45
    Ah ok thanks!
  • Posted on 31 May 13 at 22:20
    I don't even care anymore. All my friends quit playing because they won't stop screwing with the multiplayer mechanics. I tried to hang in there but the gameplay was perfect on launch and they messed it up so bad I finally quit to. Too bad I loved it before the updates.
  • Posted on 31 May 13 at 23:16
    El Munchico said:
    Lost Relics Achievements

Great, I got stung by the prize box glitch and ONLY have a gold Booshka. Unless they unlock gold skins with this dlc, I'm screwed I guess :-(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads