Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Announced

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 September 13 at 14:34
    Interesting.
  • Posted on 13 September 13 at 14:37
    Awesome, I was waiting for this to happen.
  • Posted on 13 September 13 at 14:48
    That boxart...shock
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82555,494
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 14:51
    Too bad I bought Dishonored 1 month ago. At least, I got it for 20$. I,ll wait for DotW for DLC.

But this seems a good deal.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 September 13 at 14:54
    This is pretty cool and at a pretty good price too! I sometimes wonder because I'm too lazy to search, but do these games actually have to win any sort of Game of the Year honor or do they all just name their games Game of the Year just because they can?
  • Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:12, Edited on 13 September 13 at 15:14 by Senior Chupon
    Gacys Clown said:
    This is pretty cool and at a pretty good price too! I sometimes wonder because I'm too lazy to search, but do these games actually have to win any sort of Game of the Year honor or do they all just name their games Game of the Year just because they can?
    With Bethesda most of the time if they say GOTY, it actually won a GOTY award. In this case, it won the BAFTA. However there are so many awards given out that anyone could probably release a game with a GOTY award. It's kinda like any restaurant claiming they have the best burgers in town. Someone, somewhere, at some time made that claim.

It's kinda strange because other games like New Vegas and Skyrim aren't called GOTY, but Ultimate and Legendary editions, even those those games also won GOTY awards.
  • RockoxRockox101,992
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:17
    A preorder from EB Games gets you a poster and a pretty cool-looking tarot card deck.
  • Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:20
    Senior Chupon said:
    Gacys Clown said:
    With Bethesda most of the time if they say GOTY, it actually won a GOTY award. In this case, it won the BAFTA. However there are so many awards given out that anyone could probably release a game with a GOTY award. It's kinda like any restaurant claiming they have the best burgers in town. Someone, somewhere, at some time made that claim.

It's kinda strange because other games like New Vegas and Skyrim aren't called GOTY, but Ultimate and Legendary editions, even those those games also won GOTY awards.
    I was thinking about this as well; even though I'm a fan of re-release for a game with all the digital content included, should it really be titled "Game of the Year ed" if it wasn't?
    don't poke the bear!
  • Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:23
    Saweet! I'm glad I have the patience to wait for things like this. Then again, I haven't even gotten around to special editions of Mafia II, Dragon Age Origins, L.A. Noire, Fallout 3, Skyrim and others I can't think of at the moment.

What the heck am I waiting for? laugh

Oh, yeah...my backlog.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:25
    The part that surprises me is the Games for Windows strip still atop the box for the PC version with the upcoming cease of the GFWL service.
    Then again, it does look better than the "PC DVD" grey strip that other games get.
  • DelithDelith394,511
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:27
    This game was on my list when it first came out. Glad I waited for the GOTY edition! I might be through enough games to pick it up used in another year. lol
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:30
    Shame it isn't stackable.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,400,423
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:34
    Cool. I will pick this up but probably not for a few months...my time will be occupied by a certain game releasing in 4 days. laugh
    Ha ha, Charade you are!
  • DelithDelith394,511
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:39
    MH The Rockstar said:
    Cool. I will pick this up but probably not for a few months...my time will be occupied by a certain game releasing in 4 days. laugh
    Same here. laugh
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
  • Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:54
    Wow! That's a good price.
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,544,797
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 15:59
    KitsuneChaos said:
    The part that surprises me is the Games for Windows strip still atop the box for the PC version with the upcoming cease of the GFWL service.
    Then again, it does look better than the "PC DVD" grey strip that other games get.
    That's because this is a games for Windows, and not a Games for Windows LIVE two different things (basically Games for windows is MS approved but they have no achievements iirc)
  • SkoouLSkoouL49,374
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 16:17
    I have always wanted to play this one, seems like a good oportunity for getting it
  • SrfsmurfSrfsmurf414,641
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 16:44
    i'm going to get this one now :)
  • alanp9alanp92,338,256
    Posted on 13 September 13 at 17:00, Edited on 13 September 13 at 17:00 by alanp9
    Gacys Clown said:
    A publisher can slap any name on their game they want to (with a few restrictions due to legal concerns, obviously). Who's going to stop them? Gearbox could release Aliens: Colonial Marines: Best Game Ever Made Edition if they wanted to. Someone, somewhere might even believe it. wink

Having said all of that, Dishonored is well-deserving of a GOTY edition!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads