Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Easter Eggs: Syndicate

• Posted on 07 December 13 at 20:54
    Cyberpunk has never been cooler or more fun

Please click here to read the story: Easter Eggs: Syndicate
  • ProfessorPlutoProfessorPluto1,627,867
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:05, Edited on 07 December 13 at 21:06 by ProfessorPluto
    I've been thinking about getting this one for a while actually - I would have to get it online though because it was released before Australia got R18+ rating.

I'd also like to suggest Alan Wake for next article. A really underrated, excellent game. I only picked it up because x360a.org had it at 94/100 and their ratings are spot on for me. Boy, was I happy!
    100% Completed Retail Games: 28 Proudest 100%: Dead Island 1250/1250
  • Nexus GruntNexus Grunt162,207
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:09
    This has been sitting in my backlog for months .... maybe it is time to give it a whirl ;-)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:19
    Syndicate tanked because EA was dumb enough to release it the same day as Mass Effect 3; a game that they hyped the ever-loving shit out of, whereas Syndicate barely got a peep.

Then they had the gall to call publishing Syndicate "A complete failure." I wouldn't call it great (though I would call it lens flare: the game) but they set themselves up for that. Go fuck yourself, EA.

Also, this was NOT the same Starbreeze that made Darkness and Riddick. Most of the team left after Darkness and are now doing the new Wolfenstein. Same name, not the same talent.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/PMMX360/petition.html SIGN IT NOW
  • MaseJMaseJ1,222,791
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:22
    Loved playing Syndicate & now regret selling on my copy. I completed this legit & loved every minute of it.
  • DeathBomMB007DeathBomMB0071,492,382
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:26
    MEH!!! Absolute MEH!!! Disliked this Game in so many ways The List Is Endless! lol!
    Be The Best!!
  • Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:28
    I'll have to get this one off my shelf, dust it off, and start earning these achievements.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:37
    Love this game. I still need to finish the online for this awesome gem so if anyone is looking... ;)
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:39
    One of my top 10 favorite games. Definitely, a must play. The 4-player co-op is a lot of fun too.
    Self-reliance is the key to true freedom.
  • BRAINZ8RBRAINZ8R918,978
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:39
    This game is amazing! I very much liked every single aspect of it: the story, the graphics, the fighting mechanics and especially the fantastic co-op mode.

Highly recommended!
  • Posted on 07 December 13 at 21:59, Edited on 07 December 13 at 21:59 by osubluejacket
    Doominatorx6 said:
    Syndicate tanked because EA was dumb enough to release it the same day as Mass Effect 3; a game that they hyped the ever-loving shit out of, whereas Syndicate barely got a peep.
    Mass Effect 3 was actually released on March 6th and Syndicate was released on February 21st. While writing this, I actually did some research to see if there were any other "big games" released around that time that would have stonewalled Syndicate from being a bigger hit. Aside from Mass Effect 3, there weren't any other HUGE games released within a few weeks of Syndicate.
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • Papa El LoroPapa El Loro636,082
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 22:06
    Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom!!!!!
    When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 December 13 at 22:11
    Demo was horrible....can't believe this is considered an easter egg.

Can the community suggest easter eggs somewhere or does the staff only choose these titles?
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • FizzmatixFizzmatix310,076
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 22:13
    Syndicate truly is an awesome game. It's a shame it didn't get the level of promotion it deserved. As for people not completing this, if they just have the multiplayer lingering, it's most likely they ran into the bugs that ruined the stat tracking for this title. It's the only thing that stopped me from fully completing the achievements. Just 1 point away from being able to buy the final upgrade with no reward, and no fix in sight.

Real shame, but this is an awesome co-op title. The single player is a little meh in places, but it's still well worth the time.
  • ScorchPSOScorchPSO1,070,466
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 22:22
    I got this bought for me by a friend who thought it looked fun in Co-Op; He was absolutely spot on; I have to say that out of all the co-op games I've played this one was one of the best and an absolute blast from minute one.

Completed all the online easily achievements (which can be a slight grind near the end and has the fear of your stats reseting due to flaky servers) but this is definitely a gem that should not be skipped because of these issues and/or online achievements

Although the Co-Op was definitely the best part of the game the story was solid enough to enjoy as well.
  • SilentRich69SilentRich691,048,104
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 22:27
    Only 1 achievement left for me to do and its fucking bugged :( god damn it!
    I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
  • DonutDonut1,082,207
    Posted on 07 December 13 at 22:46
    I found it to be incredibly generic, and yeah being a fan of the original syndicate game kinda ruined it even more.
  • Posted on 07 December 13 at 22:50
    Good game. Definitely recommend it to anyone who loves shooters.
    BIG MEECH
  • Posted on 07 December 13 at 23:20
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Can the community suggest easter eggs somewhere or does the staff only choose these titles?
    If there's a game you'd like to see featured in Easter Eggs, be sure to let us know in the comments!
    facepalm
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • Posted on 07 December 13 at 23:21
    Dantes inferno
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads