Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ubisoft Announces Far Cry Wild Expeditions

• Dread ReaverDread Reaver586,011
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 00:56
    If you've never been to the wilds before, here's your chance

Please click here to read the story: Ubisoft Announces Far Cry Wild Expeditions

Credit goes to DisCode347 for this story
  • MethewMethew136,024
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 01:13
    Considering how badly the reputation for Malaria in Far Cry 2 was, you might just want to buy Far Cry, Far Cry 3, and Blood Dragon on their own.
  • Posted on 08 January 14 at 01:16
    Is Far Cry Classic ever coming to the marketplace?
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead787,513
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 01:48, Edited on 08 January 14 at 01:51 by HolyHalfDead
    Thrashballer said:
    Is Far Cry Classic ever coming to the marketplace?
    Well now we know it will be on XBL by the 14th February 2014. They said it would be out this summer, well summer is just getting started here but I don't think that is what they meant.
  • PetrifiedPetrified1,654,233
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 01:50
    Far Cry 2 is the only one I didn't enjoy, I pretty much hated it.
  • matdanmatdan862,899
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 02:01
    Methew said:
    Considering how badly the reputation for Malaria in Far Cry 2 was, you might just want to buy Far Cry, Far Cry 3, and Blood Dragon on their own.
    lol If you are really that bad at shooters then yeah just stay away from them. If you actually play the game then you will probably find that malaria does not cause any huge difficulty.

OT:
    Hoping to see Far Cry Classic on the marketplace to complete the collection.
  • Stardust RenStardust Ren346,966
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 02:02
    I'm downloading FC3 Blood Dragon at the moment and have played and completed FC3. Sucks that I live in America. Europe gets all the good Ubisoft Series Bundles.
  • RhysesPeesesRhysesPeeses109,664
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 02:05
    I know there was much hate for Far Cry 2 but I really enjoyed it, great shooter with beautiful locations, but Far Cry 3 was a huge step-up and one of my favourite games, looking forward to Far Cry Classic!
  • UltamisiaUltamisia489,498
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 02:17
    This is PS3 only
  • Dread ReaverDread Reaver586,011
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 02:21, Edited on 08 January 14 at 02:22 by Dread Reaver
    Ultamisia said:
    This is PS3 only
    I believe you are referring to the also recently announced "Far Cry Collection" for the U.S., which is indeed only for PS3 and won't include Far Cry Classic. European Xbox 360 (and PS3) owners can rest assured that this "Wild Expedition" edition is indeed coming to them.
  • BigNev44BigNev441,932,148
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 03:37
    matdan12 said:
    Methew said:
    lol If you are really that bad at shooters then yeah just stay away from them. If you actually play the game then you will probably find that malaria does not cause any huge difficulty.

OT:
    Hoping to see Far Cry Classic on the marketplace to complete the collection.
    Yeah, it wasn't the Malaria that made the game frustrating, it was the quick and frequent respawning of the enemy outposts.Dread Reaver said:
    Ultamisia said:
    This is PS3 only
    I believe you are referring to the also recently announced "Far Cry Collection" for the U.S., which is indeed only for PS3 and won't include Far Cry Classic. European Xbox 360 (and PS3) owners can rest assured that this "Wild Expedition" edition is indeed coming to them.
    Then i will be importing, i thought this was the PS3 only collection.
  • Phr4nk0Phr4nk0661,138
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 03:41
    Never understood this Far Cry 2 hatred. I enjoyed it way more than the original.
  • Posted on 08 January 14 at 05:09
    Agreed, far cry 2 was awesome. Malaria was never an issue, just press a button every now and then to inject yourself. Game play was super fun, graphics were decent for it's time, and it had a very open, approach however you want feel. Good times.
    LTspeirs
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 January 14 at 05:19
    I'm absolutely shocked to see Far Cry Classic actually getting released. I've been waiting ever since the announcement and the missed release window hoping it'd actually see the light of day.

Though it better still be $6.99 and not marked up to some ridiculous price.
  • misfit119misfit1191,179,210
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 05:27, Edited on 08 January 14 at 05:27 by misfit119
    Honestly I've stopped paying attention to this. I don't give a sweaty monkey nipple about Far Cry related stuff until they announce a release date for Classic. It is a bit disappointing that they're acting like Instincts didn't exist - I've heard that was a pretty decent game especially since it came so early in the console life cycle.

Phr4nk0 said:
    Never understood this Far Cry 2 hatred. I enjoyed it way more than the original.
    That's because the original was pretty goddamn terrible. I'm honestly surprised that both Far Cry and Crysis somehow managed to delude the PC crowd hard enough that they each became an actual series of games.

graphics were decent for it's time
    Those graphics were pretty damn amazing for their time especially on the PC. The character models perhaps not so much but the wilderness and weapon effects were pretty amazing.

BigNev44 said:
    Yeah, it wasn't the Malaria that made the game frustrating, it was the quick and frequent respawning of the enemy outposts.
    Ugh, so much yes for this statement. Malaria was stupid since it forced you to do the side quests that you perhaps didn't want to do. Nice way of railroading in side mission stuff but a minor hindrance. The respawning enemies was stupid and that damnable guardpost respawning was such a terrible idea that you'd swear it could actually transmit malaria at you through your monitor.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,923
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 06:38
    I personally don't get the hatred for FC2. I loved it.
  • Luuca BrasiLuuca Brasi137,289
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 06:41
    Most hated thing of far cry 2. The random enemy trucks spawning behind you every 5 minutes
  • Im LoganXPIm LoganXP377,435
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 06:53
    Any word on an American release?
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude1,315,760
    Posted on 08 January 14 at 07:19
    AHH I hope it stacks with the current Far Cry 2 + 3.. that'd be sweet.
  • Posted on 08 January 14 at 08:21
    I already own and have completed Far Cry 3, Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. This looks great for people who don't own the games yet, and maybe i would have bought it if it included instincts predator. But since it doesn't.... pass.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads