Community News

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

TA Top Five: Vehicles

• Nexus GruntNexus Grunt163,767
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:21
    Getting you wherever you want to be, wherever that might be

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: Vehicles
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:22
    No love for the ME1 Mako? wink
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:21
    +1 for the railcarts in Metro!
    BIG MEECH
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:25
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is the addition of The Deuce from Brutal Legend and the Mantis from Halo 4.
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:26
    the pelicans in halo are way cool but if we are talking about controllable vehicles then yeah the warthog should always win.
    Mason
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:28, Edited on 09 February 14 at 14:29 by Tow Mater 66
    ShowbizRope7 said:
    No love for the ME1 Mako? wink
    Naw, remember how clunky that thing was? Boooriiiing... smile
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:31
    John marston bring it home
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:34
    I always got the feeling the sub was put there to take the piss.
    Horrible thing!
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:36
    Where are the ball things from Fuzion Frenzy 2?
    DiRT, Grid , Forza , Need for Speed Fan
  • TwistMckTwistMck671,694
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:36
    Warthogs? Yeeeeaaah buddy wink
    "Hey Guys! Look at my Gu-"
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:46
    Honestly thought the Mako from ME1 and the Silverback from Gears 3 were going to make the list. Still a decent list though.
  • b0seijub0seiju809,073
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:47
    Wait the normandy at number 1. Didn't the designers once told us they needed a new design and one of them came in with a new pair of shoes and they used the shoebox as design?
  • liiamiliiami309,580
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:55
    That submersible from GTA V was absolutely horrendous to control. I hated every minute of having to use it. It would have been better suited in the worst 5 vehicles in my opinion.
    Proud member of the BFMT.
  • Mr AlmondMr Almond395,459
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 15:01
    slicycles?
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 15:03
    liiami said:
    That submersible from GTA V was absolutely horrendous to control. I hated every minute of having to use it. It would have been better suited in the worst 5 vehicles in my opinion.
    Plus no Radio or even ambient music to create atmosphere whilst underwater, so it doubles as the most boring to operate.

And no Lost Planet VSs or Mechs in general what a joke.
  • EnjojiEnjoji251,781
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 15:04
    I knew the Normandy would be #1. Great list!
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 15:09
    Aren't number 5 and number 2 pretty much the same thing? Love halo but the warthog actually sucks. shock

Light cycle from Tron wins hands down clap
    Dying is half the fun...!
  • Posted on 09 February 14 at 15:10, Edited on 09 February 14 at 15:11 by BaronVonBrannan
    Chocobo beats horse too sorry hehe laugh
    Dying is half the fun...!
  • matdanmatdan842,310
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 15:13
    osubluejacket said:
    Mantis from Halo 4.
    I am glad nothing from Halo 4 showed up nowhere near as iconic as the Pelican, Wraith, Warthog (Not an all terrain buggy more like the Hummer used by the American military), Ghost, Falcon, Banshee (One of the best next to the Pelican and Warthog), Orbital Drop-Pod (Does not stack up to the Space Marine's one obviously), Spirit gunship, Prowler, Mongoose, Missile-Warthog, Scarab, Choppers, Phantom and Scorpion (Again up there with the best in-game tanks).

Personal Favorites -

Tuk-Tuk Boom - A Tuk-Tuk with a cannon on the back! Just Cause 2

Dreadnought/Landraider - Space Marine while the Warhammer 40k universe contains any number of memorable and iconic vehicles these 2 were some of my personal favorites one for cheap heavy-lifting and one for when the job requires the big guns.

SU-27 Flanker/Nighthawk/MIG/F-22 Raptor - Aircraft are a matter of opinion however these 3 have had the pleasure of showing in just about every game ever with jets and remain the height of their respective countries ingenuity.

Bullfrog - A man-cannon what more could you ask for? A troop transport vehicle with a twist to deploy men across the battlefield and war-bears with speed it uses a cannon to fire people across land. Red Alert 3

skateboard - An odd choice considering all that is mentioned it is more about the journey with skateboarding and finding those sweet trick spots. skate. and Tony Hawk's

Abrams - More an iconic choice with it's appearance showing up in most every modern-game with guns it is without a doubt one of the most used vehicles in games.

Dragon - Well of course a fire-breathing ride will beat a horse any other day of the week not to mention it's ability to terrorise villagers at the mere mention of it. Divinity II DKS

Vertibird/Orca - Between Fallout and Tiberium series they have managed to make VTOL aircraft a popular vehicle. The iconic Vertibird has been seen many a time in Fallout assisting the Enclave in their take-over of the Capitol Wastes. Orcas have been around since the early days of RTS inception a bird that uses VTOL lift to power across the map to terrorise NOD power-facilities and harass undefended units allowing it to become as memorable as the Mammoth tank.
  • KEVIN 737KEVIN 737674,438
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 15:18
    xReaver 23x said:
    the pelicans in halo are way cool but if we are talking about controllable vehicles then yeah the warthog should always win.
    You do know there was an easter egg in Halo Reach where you could fly the pelican (and also a phantom)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads