Bug Reports - Archive

Archive of Bug Reports

Floating Footer/Information Bar/Small Print

• Fixed
  • IrritatedPuppyIrritatedPuppy1,713,959
    Posted on 11 March 14 at 13:05, Edited on 24 April 14 at 12:07 by Spilner
    The bottom bar that has Copyright info and Shortcuts. Periodically it will freeze onto the screen when I first open a page. It covers all the information on the page and moves like it is part of the page there. Also I am using Dark theme, not sure if that matters or not for this issue.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 11 March 14 at 13:15
    Theme shouldn't be affecting the footer of the page, I believe this is ad linked as someone else also had it and it was occurring with the normal theme too. Screenshot would be helpful.
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,700
    Posted on 13 March 14 at 00:29
    It's not the theme. I am using the normal theme and it happens to me as well. It has to be an ad like Spilner said because when I have Adblock Plus on, the footer stays on the bottom like it should.
    Posted on 17 March 14 at 16:42
    Unlocking to ask this, We're hoping this is fixed, is it still happening? If so could we have details of the ads showing on the page please
  • Posted on 17 March 14 at 22:04, Edited on 17 March 14 at 22:05 by McAtee MADNESS
    Yeah it is still happening. It just happened to me and has been doing it for over 2 weeks. It is not every time or with certain pages but completely random. I will figure out what ads are on when it happens and get back to you.
  • Posted on 17 March 14 at 22:51
    I know the ads are catered by certain aspects of region/browsing history and things like that but here is the ads that I came across the times it happened to me since last post. I took screenshots as well so if you want those I can send them to you. I was using the dark theme but tried it on the white theme as well as had same problems.
    1. "Power companies hate this" "auto technician training" (I am not sure for what collage due to the bar blocking it.) I didn't get the ad for the bottom on this one.
    2. "power companies hate this" (I have seen this ad when I did not have issues as well) Mucinex Allergy and google lego at the bottom(not seen in screen shot)
    3. "power companies hate this" (seeing trend here) the second ad didn't load and the bottom ad I am not sure what it was for but it was a minute long soccer video that I had no intention to see what it was for.
    I went to about 15-20 different pages using Safari browser on my Macbook Pro so not sure if that makes a difference. If you want more info I imagine I will come across it some more later on today although I hope you can figure it out.
    Posted on 18 March 14 at 07:54
    The screenshots would also be helpful thank you.
  • Posted on 18 March 14 at 08:25
    Sent you a PM
  • Lefty24Lefty24936,554
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 08:55
    I am also experiencing this problem for a few days now. Doesn't matter what page I try to view but it takes up to 10 refreshes to clear it, until I click to the next page, then repeat.

Ad below search bar: Something about Texas, I can't really tell because there's a "Small Print" blocking most of it.
    Ad on header: Texas, its like a whole other country.
    Ad down right column: Some autoplay video ad that cycles different videos and they all autoplay.
    Ad on background: Another Texas ad.

Refresh

Top: Right guard
    Below search: Crave online
    Right: autoplay video

Using Windows 7, Chrome, white theme.
    [IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/11vqj5s.png[/IMG]
  • Posted on 20 March 14 at 18:56
    this is happening to me as well im using Firefox with ad block on
    achievements its what's for dinner
    Posted on 24 April 14 at 12:06
    This issue is thought to be have been fixed, was an issue with adverts on the ad companies side which has now been fixed.

Going to archive this and the other threads about it but keep this one unlocked for the unlikely event that the issue arrises again.
  • Information
    Posted on 24 April 14 at 12:06
    This post was archived by Spilner
  • B0WM4NXB0WM4NX435,981
    Posted on 24 May 14 at 01:45
    just came here to say this is still an issue, happens about 3-4 times every time I try to open something in trueachievements.
    -Your Death In Silence- B.O.A
    Posted on 24 May 14 at 04:03
    Ugggh really? What ads are showing if any? And which browser?
  • B0WM4NXB0WM4NX435,981
    Posted on 24 May 14 at 23:55
    I'm using chrome, and it seems to be good today, but yesterday it was almost every time I was on TA. I can't recall the ads that were shown. If it happens again I'll be sure to catch them. Thanks for the reply though.
    -Your Death In Silence- B.O.A
    Posted on 25 May 14 at 00:20
    The issue was ad related (Bug from ad company) so hopefully if it did crop up again they caught it already (Or Rich notified them)
  • visheyryvisheyry525,899
    Posted on 28 February 15 at 22:56
    I've been having this issue for several weeks now. I'll compile a list of ads that are on the page when it happens and post back here in a few days.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads