Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Shows Off Its DLC

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,984
    Posted on 23 March 14 at 19:55
    This really fulfilled my eye fetish
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 March 14 at 20:22
    I'm not bothered by the game, but let's not even call it DLC anymore. They're all basically parts of the game you could've had from the start.
    Your reality is arbitrary.
  • HerrKätzchenHerrKätzchen1,086,037
    Posted on 24 March 14 at 02:58
    Hopefully they release a collection with another arcade game like they did with the first one :D
  • Posted on 24 March 14 at 05:36
    I want this game, but feel waiting for the price to drop will suit me.
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,240,098
    Posted on 24 March 14 at 09:32
    ChronosKaos said:
    I'm not bothered by the game, but let's not even call it DLC anymore. They're all basically parts of the game you could've had from the start.
    Yeah because since the game was finished (quite a while ago) the Devs have been sat on their arses doing nothing,

Anyways, I still have to finish the story (too many games!) but I'll definitely be buying this.
  • TwistMckTwistMck707,953
    Posted on 24 March 14 at 09:49
    That eye man.
    "Hey Guys! Look at my Gu-"
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 March 14 at 10:12
    I want to play this game for a while now cry
    Fallout3476v2
  • BEUAHBEUAH428,616
    Posted on 24 March 14 at 10:44
    ChronosKaos said:
    Yeah, it's a shame....
    Then, next "non DLC" will Victor Belmont's story.....

The first opus was exiting, but LoS 2 is just disapointing. We lost something between both games.
    gkahr@hotmail.fr
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 March 14 at 10:55
    Chris1984uk said:
    ChronosKaos said:
    Yeah because since the game was finished (quite a while ago) the Devs have been sat on their arses doing nothing,

Anyways, I still have to finish the story (too many games!) but I'll definitely be buying this.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you even know how many times "DLC" has simply been a piece of a game developers have withheld, let alone the number of times "DLC" has been lazily placed on the disk... where people are basically paying to unlock content that was already there? It's happened for years.

Also, you're a moron if you think this "DLC" was made within a month of release. It would of just been withheld. In the times it is not, you want to pay for an add-on that is basically never worth it & was crammed into a month?

A lot of people (even on this site) point out that DLC is not worth it in general. DLC is mostly just a quick cash grab. Go ahead & buy an overpriced "add-on" for a mediocre game. It won't be any better than the "original" game. That suits you.
  • DigiLuigiDigiLuigi467,369
    Posted on 24 March 14 at 11:51
    Beware: When calling people a moron, make sure you don't say "would of" in the next sentence.

I for one will gladly pay for this. Sure there's been DLC that was overpriced or even locked on disc, but let's wait for this to be released for you to drop the verdict shall we? It doesn't seem to be an integral part of the story, like sequences 11 & 12 or whatever which were cut from assassin's creed...2? Different character, side story, for me that usually justifies it being DLC rather than release date content; and $8 doesn't seem that overpriced. Also, release date is not the same as the date a game was finished.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 March 14 at 13:14
    DigiLuigi said:
    Beware: When calling people a moron, make sure you don't say "would of" in the next sentence.
    That's nice, but I have two degrees & I excel at report writing in my field. Outside of that, I also use "ya" & a lot of other colloquialisms in everyday speech; which I'm not going to change either. Technically, you've made an error by not using space with that ellipsis. Yes, it matters not.

Again, you can be another person that pays for DLC that has a very high chance of being average at best.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 March 14 at 13:25
    DigiLuigi said:
    Also, "calling people a moron"? It was a person, so that was also incorrect. Regardless, that sentence is still incorrect if I had been aiming it at more than one person. Ironic, but I still know what you meant.

This could go on & on, but no.
  • LebrohnskiLebrohnski121,095
    Posted on 24 March 14 at 13:29
    laugh
    Any stories you may hear about me murdering civilians in ACIII MP are completely unsubstantiated.
  • LebrohnskiLebrohnski121,095
    Posted on 24 March 14 at 13:52
    DigiLuigi said:
    Sure there's been DLC that was overpriced or even locked on disc, but let's wait for this to be released for you to drop the verdict shall we?
    There has, but content already on the disk shouldn't be allowed. It's true that a lot of DLC is not worth it. One of the only games with decent DLC (even if people didn't like the game) was for GTA IV. Decent effort was evidently put into those two; more so for TBOGT. Too many don't put in enough effort. Realistically, the insurgence of casual gamers has allowed this. Call of Duty can have garbage DLC, but it doesn't matter; it will still make millions. He definitely has a point.
    Any stories you may hear about me murdering civilians in ACIII MP are completely unsubstantiated.
  • DigiLuigiDigiLuigi467,369
    Posted on 25 March 14 at 00:11, Edited on 25 March 14 at 00:12 by DigiLuigi
    ChronosKaos said:
    DigiLuigi said:
    That's nice, but I have two degrees & I excel at report writing in my field. Outside of that, I also use "ya" & a lot of other colloquialisms in everyday speech; which I'm not going to change either. Technically, you've made an error by not using space with that ellipsis. Yes, it matters not.

Again, you can be another person that pays for DLC that has a very high chance of being average at best.
    You caught that, huh. That occured to me when I was in the shower, didn't have time to edit it afterwards ;)

I pick my games carefully though. If I don't like a game enough to play the accompanying DLC as well then I've obviously made a wrong judgement call. In fact, I liked the DLC in the first one and was kind of hoping this one would also get DLC.
  • Posted on 25 March 14 at 13:16
    I really enjoyed Castlevania LOS1 and the second one is a real treat to play and when I heard about this dlc I felt really enthusiastic to play as Alucard and Ive saved money on my account just for this reason and Im really looking forward to play it when im home from work:)
    RuthenicAri
  • BadgerFartsBadgerFarts1,778,138
    Posted on 25 March 14 at 16:43
    I don't think the Alucard story should be included with the game and I'm happy to pay for it, but the game its self was definitely missing content over the first installment.
  • ClerkJesterClerkJester512,601
    Posted on 26 March 14 at 05:37
    Am I missing something or did the news report say the 25 of March ? I checked the marketplace and I am not seeing this bit of DLC.
  • Posted on 28 March 14 at 00:09
    i think its a great game and was fun to play, but i wont b buying the dlc. in general dlc is never worth the money
    x Necrom0rph x
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads