Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption

So is everyone's MP f****d?

• Posted on 12 April 14 at 21:11
    It's very rare I can even get the MP to load and when it does my guns are invisible and I have no horse.
    If there's no way around this and the MP achievements are impossible I'll have to start a new tag. cry
  • pezza888pezza888179,783
    Posted on 12 April 14 at 23:12
    First I've heard of it. And start a new tag?! Bit extreme isn't it? Try all the usual: installing the game, clearing your cache, deleting then redownloading your profile etc.
  • Posted on 13 April 14 at 01:17
    The servers were hacked a long time ago, Rockstar doesn't seem to care.

Having said that, you can still do the achievements, most can be done in private matches and they work just fine. If you need whatever achievements from public matches, still doable, just takes quite a bit of time.
  • JamPound32JamPound321,433,156
    Posted on 13 April 14 at 10:50
    From what I've heard you need to load single player and then go into multiplayer.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 April 14 at 13:49
    I don't think a new tag will help at all. I just played online with someone and we both had the issue you described but in varying degrees. I had a pistol and knife I could use normally, the rest was invisible. It couldn't be fired but you can pistol whip and stab people.
    Also for some reason everyone would occasionally be invisible. They'd be there and could interact (someone shot my donkey) but I couldn't see them.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Anemoneman.jpg
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 April 14 at 13:50
    The achievements aren't impossible though, unless you need a rifle to do them.
    I got the "let sleeping rockstars lie" type achievement and we both got the 3 FFA wins, so that's unaffected.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Anemoneman.jpg
    Posted on 13 April 14 at 14:45
    Same gamer picture got me confused there.
  • Posted on 13 April 14 at 23:05
    Pezza, I have quite severe OCD. It comes out quite badly in gaming thanks to achievements, so if I were to start a game that became impossible to finish I'd have to start a new tag or drive myself crazy over it unfortunately. cry
    I know most if not all are possible in private, but my problem is for the most part I can't get into the multiplayer at all.
  • Posted on 13 April 14 at 23:23
    ShowbizRope7 said:
    I know most if not all are possible in private, but my problem is for the most part I can't get into the multiplayer at all.
    As was already mentioned, from the main menu, choose single player (vanilla or Undead Nightmare), then select multiplayer from the pause menu (for the record I always went straight to private match and then switched to public). This way you can enter the public matches but like I said the servers have been hacked and it is extremely glitchy, not to mention time consuming to do some achievements. On the other hand, certain achievements are a breeze compared to what they used to be.
  • Posted on 13 April 14 at 23:50
    Also check your NAT for your internet provider. Mine was set to moderate and it played hell with allowing me to log on, as soon as I got it set to open it cleared up a lot of those problems.
  • Posted on 14 April 14 at 00:38
    FunkyAriberto said:
    ShowbizRope7 said:
    As was already mentioned, from the main menu, choose single player (vanilla or Undead Nightmare), then select multiplayer from the pause menu (for the record I always went straight to private match and then switched to public). This way you can enter the public matches but like I said the servers have been hacked and it is extremely glitchy, not to mention time consuming to do some achievements. On the other hand, certain achievements are a breeze compared to what they used to be.
    Yeah that's what I've been trying. Still just loads forever. I'm in a session now and I've had mixed success with joining a private match from an invite, still won't work when I play alone.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,151,288
    Posted on 14 April 14 at 02:02
    I need to get the MP done before this game dies a slow, painful, inevitable death.
    ^ That made sense to me at 4:20...
  • planting42planting422,094,243
    Posted on 14 April 14 at 04:39
    Me too. And the single player laugh
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2014.htm
    Posted on 14 April 14 at 13:07
    ShowbizRope7 said:
    Pezza, I have quite severe OCD. It comes out quite badly in gaming thanks to achievements, so if I were to start a game that became impossible to finish I'd have to start a new tag or drive myself crazy over it unfortunately. cry
    I also like to avoid impossible games, but I wouldn't start a new tag if I ended up in your position. I already have reasons I can't get 100% like discontinueds eg Fifa 09, PGR; and some games with just ridiculous achievements (GOW 3, Lost Planet etc). So I would be annoyed but I think I'm too attached to this tag to start over.
  • Posted on 14 April 14 at 16:09
    If you have an issue w/ invisible/non working guns- just switch to another lobby. That always seems to work. Some are glitch, some are fine.
  • IstIngilizIstIngiliz573,588
    Posted on 29 April 14 at 09:41
    Online is totally fu@cked.

Stuff that was happening to me only in public lobbies is now happening all the time in private - players invisible on screen, weapons not showing, infinite loading screens, NPCs crawling on the ground causing the XP glitch if you go near them etc. etc.

Tried unsuccessfully for over an hour earlier to get an achievement that should take 15 minutes (kill 8 unique players in land grab).
  • Posted on 22 May 14 at 18:47
    Yeah it's a real shame. Online used to be phenomenal for this game and now it's really hard to do anything..
  • Posted on 31 May 14 at 19:58
    IstIngiliz said:
    Online is totally fu@cked.

Stuff that was happening to me only in public lobbies is now happening all the time in private - players invisible on screen, weapons not showing, infinite loading screens, NPCs crawling on the ground causing the XP glitch if you go near them etc. etc.

Tried unsuccessfully for over an hour earlier to get an achievement that should take 15 minutes (kill 8 unique players in land grab).
    If it's happening in private, go into your System Settings and delete the MP configuration data. There'll be that and an MP save, but don't delete the latter, or you'll be back to level 1, not that you couldn't get up to 50 in an hour or so with the public glitches.

That and a restart should clear up the issues on private free roam.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads