Game Discussion: The Walking Dead (Xbox 360)

The Walking Dead Ep. 3 Achievement Issues

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 May 14 at 23:24, Edited on 15 May 14 at 23:45 by
    Allgorhythm said:
    Those of us who played Episode 3 of The Wolf Among Us as soon as it was available for download had an issue with achievements not showing on Xbox.com although they had been unlocked in the game. This was because Xbox Live was not yet set up for the achievements. Episode 3 of The Walking Dead has the same issue.

For those, like me, who want instant gratification, go ahead and play. However, if you do so, in order to get credit for the achievements, you'll have to delete your profile (making sure you do NOT delete the items) and play the episode again.

If you want to ensure your achievements will count when you decide to play the game, wait until you see episode 3 on the True Achievements site
    delete my profile from? Do I delete from xbox itself or in game, what do I delete specifically? The downloaded episode or something else? I completed this before it was live on TA. Thanks for your help
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 May 14 at 23:58
    I think I just figured it out... read your other thread on wolf among us
  • Demon0utcastDemon0utcast147,167
    Posted on 16 May 14 at 02:13
    Yeah I recently completed Episode 3 and the achievement's popped along with the icon/description, but its not visible to the public. I hope they fix this cause since there is no option to delete patches for season 2 which sucks. You're not alone on this one
  • Posted on 16 May 14 at 03:35
    I had the same issue with not being able to unlock the achievements even though I played through episode 3. What will happen if I delete my profile and redownload it? I've never done that before and I am afraid of losing any data from my other games. I have my profile saved on a USB though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • HTK PsychoHTK Psycho220,665
    Posted on 16 May 14 at 09:46
    This is annoying I have all the achievements but say i only have 16 of 16 when i click on the game I have 24 are they ever going to release part of these games perfectly ?
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm653,134
    Posted on 16 May 14 at 09:54
    saldanamoreno said:
    I had the same issue with not being able to unlock the achievements even though I played through episode 3. What will happen if I delete my profile and redownload it? I've never done that before and I am afraid of losing any data from my other games. I have my profile saved on a USB though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    You can move your profile rather than delete it if you have a USB drive formatted for the 360. In fact, I prefer that option:

You go to system-storage-hard drive-profiles. Select move and select your memory drive as the destination.

Remove your memory drive. Then, reestablish your profile by downloading it. Just go to sign in and tab to the right where it says download profile. Put in the e-mail address associated with your account. Then, you will be prompted to put in your password. Do so. It only takes a few seconds for the profile to download.

You will have to play the game again in order for everything to pop again. If you've played it once as I had, you can zip right through it because you don't have to figure anything out. Your old save file is still valid so you can replay individual chapters if you prefer. However, you might want to take advantage of your 20-20 hindsight and play the episode over.
    Posted on 16 May 14 at 09:58
    HTK Psycho said:
    This is annoying I have all the achievements but say i only have 16 of 16 when i click on the game I have 24 are they ever going to release part of these games perfectly ?
    I've been working with Microsoft and Telltale Games to try to get the achievements set up before episode 4 is released. The PS3 trophies for episode 4 have already been set up so the game is sufficiently advanced in its development for that to happen.

I first encountered the issue with The Wolf Among Us Episode 3. So, I'm working to get this resolved on all games not just The Walking Dead Season 2.
    Posted on 16 May 14 at 10:07
    xSTAGGERxLEEx said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Those of us who played Episode 3 of The Wolf Among Us as soon as it was available for download had an issue with achievements not showing on Xbox.com although they had been unlocked in the game. This was because Xbox Live was not yet set up for the achievements. Episode 3 of The Walking Dead has the same issue.

For those, like me, who want instant gratification, go ahead and play. However, if you do so, in order to get credit for the achievements, you'll have to delete your profile (making sure you do NOT delete the items) and play the episode again.

If you want to ensure your achievements will count when you decide to play the game, wait until you see episode 3 on the True Achievements site
    delete my profile from? Do I delete from xbox itself or in game, what do I delete specifically? The downloaded episode or something else? I completed this before it was live on TA. Thanks for your help
    The issue is that your local profile and your XBox know you've unlocked the achievements so they won't pop again. Live has no record of the achievements being unlocked so you don't get credit for them. In order for the achievements to be registered, you replace your local profile with the Live profile. You either delete your local profile or move it to a USB drive as we've discussed elsewhere in the thread. You then play the game again to get the achievements to pop. Note that your save file for the game is perfectly good so you can play individual chapters again if you prefer that to starting the episode over.
  • Posted on 18 May 14 at 12:29
    someone should just make a youtube video
    you're a guest on my ancestral land, the least you could do is keep the place clean!
  • Johhny EJohhny E287,762
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 02:24
    I did all of that, and it did reset my score for the Walking Dead season 2, but now on my 360 when I look at my achievements it doesn't count my Xbox One achievements.. When I compare games it says I have 137,601, but when I look at them myself it says I have 127,646.. On the Xbox One it has the correct number. Not sure if I should do the same thing (delete my profile and redownload) or not. I know this isnt really related to the thread, but I figured I'd ask.
    - E
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 02:45
    It happened to me, too. I did a couple of things to try to get it to refresh like check my achievements on the X1. However, in the end, the issue resolved itself on its own. IIRC, it did not take long either.
  • Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:59
    At least I'm not the only one who has had this issue.
    I had it with TWAU episode 3, and the TWD Season 2 episode 3.
    I just replayed TWAU to get those, but nothing I have tried has fixed my TWD achievements.
    May try what you suggested.
    I've talked to Microsoft about it and every time they just assure me that their engineers are working on the issue with TellTale, and that it should be fixed soon. And that I won't have to replay the episode, because, "Once it is fixed the achievements will just be added to your list."
    How long is soon? cry
    "I should go."
  • drabikdrabik376,476
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 16:10
    Because Im Ryan said:At least I'm not the only one who has had this issue.
    I just replayed TWAU to get those, but nothing I have tried has fixed my TWD achievements.
    I've talked to Microsoft about it and every time they just assure me that their engineers are working on the issue with TellTale, and that it should be fixed soon. And that I won't have to replay the episode, because, "Once it is fixed the achievements will just be added to your list."
    How long is soon? cry
    I think you're better off following advice earlier in the thread; delete your gamertag (not your saves), download/recover your gamertag, then replay the DLC with achievements missing.
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 21:37
    Because Im Ryan said:At least I'm not the only one who has had this issue.
    How long is soon? cry
    I agree with Drabik. Although some Microsoft engineers told me it would resolve itself, once I knew more about the issues, I went back and was told otherwise. Unless the achievements are loaded to XBox Live before players earn the achievements, they will never be credited to them. The only remedy is to delete the profile but not the items and replay the necessary parts of the game to which the achievements pertain.
    Posted on 18 July 14 at 18:14
    The Season 2 Episode 4 achievements have been loaded to XBox Live. Accordingly, there should be no issues getting credit for them. There are eight achievements for a GamerScore of 100. The episode will be released for the 360 on 23 July and a day earlier for PCs (incl Mac PCs) and US PS3s & Vitas.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads