Game Discussion: Halo 2 (GFWL)

Boosting MP Achievements Before Server Shutdown

• Posted on 29 May 14 at 22:00
    Hello Everyone,

I've made a few different sessions for Halo 2 PC this weekend. Please join all the times that work for you if you are interested in them. The sessions that have less than 4 people in them will be automatically canceled, because we can't do VC or Rainman without a minimum of 4. If we can get 5 though we can get Killtacular done as well and all will be well in the world.

Moving on this is going to take coordination since I don't have a PC mic, and I doubt most people do. So what I need people to do is comment which achievements they need so I can organize an order for the achievements and send messages ahead of time with what the plan is. And yes I expect you to read the message because we all want to get this done asap before the servers are shutdown.

Also please comment if you have a PC mic by chance. I don't but with the game chat at the menu and TA messaging ahead of time we should be fine.

Lastly this should ONLY take 2 to 2.5 hours but I just wanted to be safe with the times.
    GoBlueFiddler13
  • DiemDiem84,455 84,455 GamerScore
    Posted on 29 May 14 at 23:47
    I need... all the achievements. I've only ever done the campaign. But I'm quick.

When does this happen?
  • Posted on 30 May 14 at 04:10
    The Shutdown is July 1st so all achievements (single and multiplayer) must be earned before then. After June 30th it won't be possible to get any GFWL achievements. Right now I've got two sessions up for this weekend (one Sat and one Sun) to do the Halo 2 multiplayer achievements. If anyone could join the Saturday session that'd be awesome because we need one more to do Killtacular.
    GoBlueFiddler13
  • JamPound32JamPound321,433,156
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 09:26
    People need to stop thinking that mistake on the AOE page was correct. I don't think Microsoft would shut down GFWL without an official announcement. Especially since they recently said they want to work more in the pc market.
  • Posted on 30 May 14 at 13:06
    I think they will do it on the sly
  • IMadMaxoo7IMadMaxoo7405,255 405,255 GamerScore
    Posted on 11 June 14 at 12:53
    So many people want to play now ?
  • Nick MudryNick Mudry174,499
    Posted on 14 June 14 at 06:53
    Hey, is anyone down for another session? I'm going to install the game in the morning and wrap up the online achievements i haven't gotten and will probably need some people to boost with... heh.

Anyone down?
  • The Hunt3rThe Hunt3r74,092
    Posted on 15 June 14 at 12:00
    Anyone down for this tonight? Send me a message.
  • Posted on 17 June 14 at 17:17
    Need these knocked out asap please message me if you want to boost and now how to.
  • IMadMaxoo7IMadMaxoo7405,255 405,255 GamerScore
    Posted on 18 June 14 at 03:49
    Just add me if interested
  • Xcaliber147Xcaliber147241,635
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 00:39
    hey guys/gals
    i would love to get my last three achievements (Vc, rainman,killtac) I live in Aus so times might be a bit of an issue but i might be willing to wake up in the middle of the night to do this. i can run a dedicated server for the vc and rainman so that isn't a problem i just want a list of people willing/wanting to do this.
    feel free to post here or pm me so we can organize a time.
    Xcaliber
  • Posted on 30 June 14 at 14:50
    Hey are you guys still looking to boost?
  • Posted on 02 July 14 at 05:53
    I'm willing to help boost, need the achievements too.
  • Posted on 02 July 14 at 12:28
    Well its the 2nd July and the Halo 2 servers are still up. I was able to get a bunch of achievements with 1 person, just need a few more to mop up the rest if anyone is looking.
  • JamPound32JamPound321,433,156
    Posted on 02 July 14 at 12:33
    I refer you to my previous post. :P

JamP0und32 said:People need to stop thinking that mistake on the AOE page was correct. I don't think Microsoft would shut down GFWL without an official announcement. Especially since they recently said they want to work more in the pc market.Anyway, glad everything is still working as now i will get on with Fable 3 PC.
  • Posted on 02 July 14 at 16:50
    if anyone still wants to id like to help boost
  • Posted on 03 July 14 at 18:35
    I'm keen to boost this if anyone is willing to organise a session. I can make myself available for just about any time.
  • LP PantherLP Panther88,992
    Posted on 06 July 14 at 23:21
    Can anyone boost tonight?
  • CReaper210CReaper210357,652
    Posted on 07 July 14 at 01:58, Edited on 09 July 14 at 18:42 by CReaper210
    If anyone wants to do the achievements still, send me a message. I'll keep an eye for any sessions that are going on too. I'm not exactly sure how the servers work and how we'll go about boosting, but I'm up for it.
    I do have a mic.

Well, I got the game. I'm currently playing the campaign on legendary(HARD AS HELL), but as I said, if you want to boost, send me a message, either on here OR XBL. I'm usually on all day in the afternoon. Between 2pm and 10pm EST.
    And if you don't know, you CAN use your Xbox 360 mic if you're using your Xbox 360 controller, you just have to change your voice output device in the Live settings(Home button - settings - voice - voice playback device - select your headset while it is plugged in)
  • StarBomb69StarBomb69197,264
    Posted on 10 July 14 at 22:34
    Can I get some help with halo 2 just picked it up message me if your up to help.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads