Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Missions/Levels

• Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:07
    Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: Missions/Levels
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:13
    Interesting List - looking forward to playing Dishonored as part of Games with Gold.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:14
    Ahh, The Suicide Mission. Probably one of the best final missions of any game (personally). The GLaDOS fight and Hitman levels are also well worth their spots as well!
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite website on the Citadel.
  • Kovy88Kovy882,344,101
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:32
    Mass Effect 2 isn't my top favourite games, but I think Suicide Mission should have ranked higher as it is one my favourite missions on 360, and probably the reason why so many gamers praise the game so high.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:34
    There was a mission in Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare where you were a sniper in a ghillie suit working your way through fields of enemies that I remember being pretty amazing for the time.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:43
    JJ BOMBAY said:There was a mission in Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare where you were a sniper in a ghillie suit working your way through fields of enemies that I remember being pretty amazing for the time.I believe that mission is called all ghillied up.smile
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:49
    Nice list! I've played all but two gamers that are listed here.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:52
    Great list, experienced all of them except for the Hitman game so far. I do own it though, so just a matter of time.
    LTspeirs
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:53
    Great list.

Both Batman and Hitman games mentioned above are on my ever growing backlog, so I will get there eventually.
    The new dashboard sux!
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:09
    Nice Top 5. I enjoy reading these. I hope you folks @ TA continue to present more "Top 5" ideas in the future. I also enjoy the comments and suggestions from our community. Cheers
  • DownInFlames85DownInFlames851,372,679
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:09
    Loved both of the Honorable Mentions as I have played both games.
    "Best In The World!" - CM Punk
  • Pete111111Pete111111387,722
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:10
    Cant remember the name,but I loved the quest in oblivion where,for the dark brotherhood, you had to kill various characters in a house,without the others seeing you.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:20
    That level in Dishonored is great for all the reasons that the Kotaku write-up mentions, but I personally liked the final mission in the DLC The Brigmore Witches most of all.

Infiltrating the mansion and taking down those witches was top-notch.

Actually, that whole 2nd part of Daud's story -- breaking into the prison Corvo just escaped from, taking down the gangs in the Draper district to secure the boat for Lizzy, and then taking out the witches in their creepy mansion were all stellar.
    Oldfather says: www.facebook.com/ColdGuns
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:22
    Far and away, the best quest I ever participated in was the final thief quest in Oblivion. Never having played an Elder Scrolls game before it was like the holy grail of treasures was at the end; I wasn't far off.
  • HmizzzHmizzz612,388
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:26
    The Final level of Halo Reach ("Lone Wolf") was great !
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane2,012,268
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:33
    Nice list! clap
  • Sketchy77Sketchy77591,194
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:35
    Pete111111 said:Cant remember the name,but I loved the quest in oblivion where,for the dark brotherhood, you had to kill various characters in a house,without the others seeing you.Agreed, that is my favourite quest/mission/level of all time.

Loved turning them all against eachother, was a great quest in a great game.
    Achievement Unlocked ~ Read My Signature 0G
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic535,053
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:38
    Tranquility Lane from Fallout 3 is an excellent choice. It was so different from everything else in the game. Even though it was a simulation it was cool to see what life was like before the bombs dropped.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:39, Edited on 03 August 14 at 14:39 by Heroic Blanket
    Tranquillity Lane is what made Fallout 3 for me. Up until that point I wasn't really getting into the game, just progressing along shooting stuff and being a bit here and there about things. Then I did that mission and discovered the gibbing effect of attacking a body with a knife and I just fell in love with the game.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 14:43
    Was hoping to see something from half life 2 or DmC or DmC4. Some.great leveks there
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads