Site Help - Archive

Archived site help posts

No way to change avatar and profile pic on wp8 win8 device?

• LumiaSLSLumiaSLS5,932
    Posted on 21 August 14 at 20:18
    I find no way to change the avatar and profile pic on wp8 and win8. I go to Xbox.com on my win8, it says I need to go to the Game app, which has no such function. The app in windows store doesn't support my device, which is Lumia 1020 with official cyan update. It's ridiculous that I find out I can change my avatar on my old android phone. Also on windows xp. Weird.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 21 August 14 at 20:27
    Unfortunately that is indeed the case, MS keeps changing xbox.coms functionality and removing old abilities like editing bios/mottos, changing gamerpics.

They've made it so the only easy way to do change you gamerpic is via a One or 360 for whatever reason.

The games app on windows8 doesn't seem to work for avatar either even though MS direct you there, strange.
    The Xbox live extras app seems to not work with WP8.1 either facepalm

Sorry we cant offer much help.
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • Posted on 21 August 14 at 21:27
    Are you looking to change the Avatar costumes / style, and a gamerpic? Or are you just looking to change the picture?
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 14:47, Edited on 22 August 14 at 14:48 by Thorned Puppet
    Profile Pic you can change on Windows 8, avatar styles cannot be changed on Windows 8 but should be on Windows 8 phone and can be on Xbox.com

But note: the Windows 8 profile and your Xbox profile use different pictures.
    Posted on 22 August 14 at 14:49
    Thorned Puppet said:Profile Pic you can change on Windows 8, avatar styles cannot be changed on Windows 8 but should be on Windows 8 phone and can be on Xbox.com

WP8 redirects to the xbox live extras app which is either been pulled or doesn't support my 8.1 OS -.-
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 19:12
    Spilner said:Thorned Puppet said:Profile Pic you can change on Windows 8, avatar styles cannot be changed on Windows 8 but should be on Windows 8 phone and can be on Xbox.com

WP8 redirects to the xbox live extras app which is either been pulled or doesn't support my 8.1 OS -.-
    I think it is not updated for 8.1 yet. They will need to create a new one or update it. It works on my Windows 8 phone.
    Posted on 22 August 14 at 20:21
    Likely hood of them updating it though is pretty damn low and the 8.1 rollout has begun in many regions now............. hang on Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 released you said you got the 8.1 update 1 for your phone headspin
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 21:15, Edited on 22 August 14 at 21:16 by Exalted Entity
    I have 3 x Nokia Lumia 920, and 2 x 1025 :P

I got it on the one that has the Rogers cell service. :P

But right now I am using the Nokia Lumia 920 with the WP 8, and I am not doing anything special with that one, as it has Monster Burner (WP) installed on it.
    Posted on 22 August 14 at 21:20
    I... 5 phones why?
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 22:52
    Spilner said:I... 5 phones why?Well, I am a clean freak. To an extent. ... Let me explain

If I go outside of my house, I don't care. Basically, I view everything as dirty and germ infested, even the air, and so when I go outside, I basically stop caring, and get down and dirty too. Lol. So if I take my phone outside, it is dirty. And I don't care. I'll use it and scratch my face if I have to.

But if I come inside my house, with filtered air, and minimal outside exposure, I like to keep things super clean. My brother actually secretly recorded me washing my phone with soap once :P But it broke... (water and electronics, who would have thunk it?) So, I have a 1025 phone just for using indoors.

And then I have a phone for my little brother, who, while he is indoors, does not follow my beliefs, so he brings outside germs in (though to get into my room he has to go through decontamination) but still, he is relatively more clean than the outside and all those barbaric people. So I give him the mildly clean phone

My fourth phone is also an indoor phone, but it is a Nokia Lumia 920, and it has some purchases on it that are now delisted from the marketplace, like Monster Burner. And the only reason I keep that outdated phone is because of the games. Once they are complete, it is going in the trash can.

And my fifth phone, it is simply in case I need to dual boost a game, like Alpha Jax. Also an indoor / clean phone.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,098
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 00:52
    Exalted Entity said:And my fifth phone, it is simply in case I need to dual boost a game, like Alpha Jax.But... you have 4 other phones
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 01:37
    alklein92201 said:Exalted Entity said:And my fifth phone, it is simply in case I need to dual boost a game, like Alpha Jax.But... you have 4 other phonesBut the thing is, if I touch my outside phone, or my little brother's phone, I am not touching the keyboard of my computer, the mouse, the Xbox controllers, the discs, or my indoor phones, so I can't really dual boost unless I start using a touch stick, or wash my hands after my turn on Alphajax is done, every 30 seconds. :P

And the Nokia Lumia with Monster Burner / other discontinued games is off limit to everything. I don't do anything but launch the game apps. No downloading, no calling, no taking off the charger, etc.. Basically, it is getting treated better than a real life human baby :P
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 01:44
    Has anyone ever told you that you may have a problem?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,098
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 03:50
    Spilner said:Has anyone ever told you that you may absolutely most certainly have a problem and need get a psych eval immediately?Fixed that for you
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 04:20
    Spilner said:Has anyone ever told you that you may have a problem?Only my parents, friends acquaintances, and girlfriend. But they don't count because they think too much on the subject matter, and are not objective about it.
  • QuickMythrilQuickMythril799,568
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 06:33
    something interesting that i have noticed is that, once i changed my avatar to look like bart simpson, just messing around, and my gamerpic was a photo of my avatar. now when using certain games and services it still shows that, even though i changed it back soooooooo long ago. very frustrating, it seems like some things use an old database, and it doesn't update that database from your current changes. anyone else seen this?
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 14:20
    They are moving servers for achievements and other things, upgrading and the sort, so everything is a little wonky. I had no idea that Avatars were affected, only achievements and the site functionality, but maybe Avatars are being affected too. After all, they are available as an App on the Xbox One, and so MS is probably moving them to be better suited to the One rather than the 360.
  • Information
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 17:43
    This post was archived by Large Coffee
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads