Game Discussion: BioShock 2

Reincarnation TA Ratio only 2.15?

• VolkmannVolkmann261,899
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 02:53
    Reincarnation(Rebirthing) requires level 50 and the willingness to wipe away all that you've earned, yet earning level 40 has a ratio of 3.10. From what I've heard going from 40 to 50 is practically like doing the first 40 again.

I understand that the ratios are reduced based on how many bought the DLC or whatever, but C'MON, MAN! lol
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 08:07
    Lol, true :P But it's not just based on how many bought it, it is also on how many earned that achievement.
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 18:02, Edited on 23 August 14 at 18:07 by Volkmann
    Exalted Entity said:Lol, true :P But it's not just based on how many bought it, it is also on how many earned that achievement.I know. I think they make the ratio as a percentage of who earned it out of who bought it instead of who played the game in total. This was just a chance for me to voice my displeasure with that system. Of course my true displeasure is with DLC achievements in general. lol
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 18:20
    Volkmann said:Exalted Entity said:Lol, true :P But it's not just based on how many bought it, it is also on how many earned that achievement.I know. I think they make the ratio as a percentage of who earned it out of who bought it instead of who played the game in total. This was just a chance for me to voice my displeasure with that system. Of course my true displeasure is with DLC achievements in general. lolMaybe go on the "Site Wishlist" forums, and make a post about having a separate leader board that tracks DLC ratio or something (however you like it). They are training someone new, so they might just make it if people like the idea.
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 20:01
    I took your advice. Thanks for the suggestion! smile
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 20:02
    Yep, happy to help :D
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,358
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 00:14
    DLC achievements are calculated using a formula called the Geometric Mean. The Geometric Mean formula uses a base pool of gamers that is a combination of the DLC population and the known main-game population (specifically, the geometric mean of the two populations, hence the name). The formula also works for DLCs with a single achievement.

The Geometric Mean has the following calculation:

TA Ratio: ((Gamers With Game * Gamers With DLC)/(Gamers With Achievement^2))^0.25

TA Ratio = Rarity not difficulty, it does offer an idea of difficulty and skill required. If anything this calculation is more accurate than what they would be.
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • Posted on 24 August 14 at 00:19
    Lol, you found it :D
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 00:22
    Spilner is busy and this is most certainly not a board I follow laugh
  • Posted on 24 August 14 at 00:58
    Spilner said:Spilner is busy and this is most certainly not a board I follow laugh:P I know right? I just recently found it XD
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 01:10
    I feel used, in a good way though. laugh
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 01:37, Edited on 29 August 14 at 00:11 by Volkmann
    This site has such depth and quality, I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want. The ratios won't be that much higher once people start going for those easy DLC achievements. You'll just make gaming companies that much richer. Isn't that a good thing?

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the anti DLC attitude (I have it as well), but this system is just living in denial. Hey, I love the site and whatever is done is fine with me, I'm just intrigued by this debate.

Oh yeah, I understand that rarity is THE only mathematical way to track difficulty. That's why I love this site so much. I apologize for bringing up what appears to be a sore subject, I realize I'm just a lowly door person newbie. wink
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 01:54
    If you want to see why Alternative DLC Ratio Formula Poll whilst it doesn't benefit every game overall it offers a truer ratio. We go with what the community want not what we want.
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 02:32, Edited on 29 August 14 at 00:13 by Volkmann
    You didn't need a poll for that, I could have told you the result. laugh I understand, I really do. I applaud the fact that you are limiting DLC purchases. I'm thinking the developers and publishers would be on my side, though. laugh
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 02:44
    We're limiting DLC purchases? Ok not getting anymore responses from me.
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 02:51, Edited on 24 August 14 at 03:01 by Volkmann
    Oh wow, I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to offend (I thought I was giving you guys a compliment). Honestly. Whoops. I think the subject was covered, anyway. I really do appreciate your responses. I can't thank you enough.
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 03:06
    Spilner said:We're limiting DLC purchases? Ok not getting anymore responses from me.Did I use the wrong language? Reduce DLC purchases? Obviously, that is highly likely to be true. Weird to be offended. I love this site. Keep the system! Don't change a thing!
  • Posted on 24 August 14 at 03:20
    How do we reduce DLC purchases?
    This space for rent.
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 03:33, Edited on 24 August 14 at 03:35 by Volkmann
    dropK1CK ninJA said:How do we reduce DLC purchases?Well, I'm just thinking the typical gamer will see a high ratio for an easy DLC achievement and grab that credit card. I guess I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem likely. Well, and the obivious reason: you allow people to disable the dlc on TA. laugh I think it's great. I wish I never said a word now.
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 03:35
    Limit, reduce, they both mean less. I think you meant increase if that's what you're getting at.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads