Game Discussion: BioShock 2

Reincarnation TA Ratio only 2.15?

• iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,516,467
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 04:41, Edited on 30 August 14 at 05:04 by iMaginaryy
    RazorPriest said:iMaginaryy said:Throni360 said:Why should the price be part of a decision? The main game costs money too.Because I'd rather play more games than half-arsed, money grubbin' add-ons for a game I've already played.

I buy DLC if it's worth playing. A lot of it isn't. That's why the "DLC I Own" is the best option. Along with the geometric mean calculation. They are both compromises to keep the most people happy, since it is impossible to please everyone. The greatest gain for the smallest sacrifice. The best move. Isn't that what playing games is all about?
    It's not what TA is about. TA is not intended to please people and make them happy. It's supposed to be as fair and accurate as possible, and not pander to the kind of subjective, whiny attitude you just displayed.
    I really don't understand how you took my attitude to be whiny, but to each their own. Just always seem a little aggressive, I have absolutely no issue with you.

More importantly, my point was exactly that the whole idea of this system was to be more fair towards the most people. If they did exactly what you wanted, wouldn't they be pandering to your subjective wishes?

I'm not the owner, so I can't speak to the personal vision of TA, but I would think that the objective would be to serve the community as a whole to the best of it's ability - and that means compromise. Like I said, you can't please everyone. Your attitude seems more elitist if anything. Cater to the top, ignore the bottom. I have nothing to whine about, I'm perfectly happy with the way things are.

In fact, that was my overall point. Things are fine as they are, it seems far too early to be revising this all over again.

Volkmann said:I wish I could set my setting to actual Gamerscore only. I couldn't find a setting like that. Should be an easy leaderboard to create, since everything else is derived from the actual Gamerscore.Well, there's this: Gamerscore leaderboard ? And all the related boards?
    And, well people get set to Gamerscore tracking...and I thought there was a way to choose to do so yourself, but I'm not finding it so I suppose not..
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:07
    ZZBroncos said:Pretty soon there'll bee a push to remove different color badges for what year people joined. Its only fair, right? If people didn't know about TA, then why should they be penalized? Internet costs money, and we wouldn't want people to have to pay for internet. We wouldn't anyone to get upset, would we? I mean, there might be threats of leaving if those individuals don't get their way tooWtf...
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • VolkmannVolkmann261,955
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:14
    Yeah, I'm not interested in all the various leaderboards, just would like a homepage setting that displays actual Gamerscore only.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:17, Edited on 30 August 14 at 05:19 by iMaginaryy
    Volkmann said:Yeah, I'm not interested in all the various leaderboards, just would like a homepage setting that displays actual Gamerscore only.Okay, yeah I figured you knew about it. Just in your post you mentioned that it'd be an easy leaderboard to create or whatever... Add it to the wishlist! wink

and
    EaseAndInspire said:ZZBroncos said:Pretty soon there'll bee a push to remove different color badges for what year people joined. Its only fair, right? If people didn't know about TA, then why should they be penalized? Internet costs money, and we wouldn't want people to have to pay for internet. We wouldn't anyone to get upset, would we? I mean, there might be threats of leaving if those individuals don't get their way tooWtf...He's being bitterly sarcastic...
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,890
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:20
    Volkmann said:Yeah, I'm not interested in all the various leaderboards, just would like a homepage setting that displays actual Gamerscore only.Site Wishlist Forum though I doubt you'll get much support.
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:30, Edited on 30 August 14 at 05:33 by Volkmann
    Spilner said:Volkmann said:Yeah, I'm not interested in all the various leaderboards, just would like a homepage setting that displays actual Gamerscore only.Site Wishlist Forum though I doubt you'll get much support.I was thinking about doing that, but I'm getting increasingly afraid around here. laugh So it needs a lot of support in the thread to be considered, then?
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:37
    Well yeah generally, if no one wants an idea why spend the time coding it? Cant be making everything ever wished for wink
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:42
    Yeah, of course.. makes sense.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:42
    ...and yet you posted in the silly bulk thread where ideas die.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:52, Edited on 30 August 14 at 05:55 by Volkmann
    Ok, I think I see what you mean.
  • Posted on 30 August 14 at 05:57
    Spilner said:Volkmann said:Yeah, I'm not interested in all the various leaderboards, just would like a homepage setting that displays actual Gamerscore only.Site Wishlist Forum though I doubt you'll get much support.I supported this option before I knew people were getting punishied to this level! laugh
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 06:13
    Just think.. you could have a nice even number. Not only that, you could have just one number. laugh
  • CubivoreCubivore528,490
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 06:57, Edited on 30 August 14 at 07:04 by Cubivore
    EaseAndInspire said:Throni360 said:RazorPriest said:TA is intended to please crybabies and make them happy. It's supposed to be as fantasy and inaccurate as possible, and pander to the kind of subjective, whiny attitude you just displayed.FTFY!Whats your deal anyway? Youre clearly not a completionist why do you even care how ta tracks dlc... ?Perhaps he realizes that the current system is ridiculous and terrible? Just a thought.

iMaginaryy said:More importantly, my point was exactly that the whole idea of this system was to be more fair towards the most people. If they did exactly what you wanted, wouldn't they be pandering to your subjective wishes?It isn't fair to the 'most people'. The current system has two separate compromises for whiners like you who refuse to understand that DLC and achievements related to it are a reality of modern gaming. You are having your cake and eating it too between having the option to hide DLC you don't own and having DLC achievements with awful ratios. It should be one or the other. Instead we have both so that cheapskates like you don't cry as much. People who care about completion in the same way that the people who program those achievements into the games they make care about them are giving up way more than your side is in this current system. That isn't fair.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 07:40, Edited on 30 August 14 at 07:40 by iMaginaryy
    Cubivore said:EaseAndInspire said:Throni360 said:RazorPriest said:TA is intended to please crybabies and make them happy. It's supposed to be as fantasy and inaccurate as possible, and pander to the kind of subjective, whiny attitude you just displayed.FTFY!Whats your deal anyway? Youre clearly not a completionist why do you even care how ta tracks dlc... ?Perhaps he realizes that the current system is ridiculous and terrible? Just a thought.

iMaginaryy said:More importantly, my point was exactly that the whole idea of this system was to be more fair towards the most people. If they did exactly what you wanted, wouldn't they be pandering to your subjective wishes?It isn't fair to the 'most people'. The current system has two separate compromises for whiners like you who refuse to understand that DLC and achievements related to it are a reality of modern gaming. You are having your cake and eating it too between having the option to hide DLC you don't own and having DLC achievements with awful ratios. It should be one or the other. Instead we have both so that cheapskates like you don't cry as much. People who care about completion in the same way that the people who program those achievements into the games they make care about them are giving up way more than your side is in this current system. That isn't fair.
    This is very opinionated (and friendly). Look, you're misunderstanding my stance. I just think it should be up to the user how they want it displayed. There is an option for "All DLC" after all. No one forces everyone to set it to "DLC I Own".

And again, not complaining or whining or crying. If it were the other way around, I would just deal with it. You seem to be the dissenter, rather. I was just giving my piece. That is all. It seemed ridiculous that someone was objecting to the price being a factor in DLC purchases. Isn't price always a factor for a consumer? You spend your money on a good product, not a bad product, which is subject to your opinion? Having DLC always included would make it "pay for your ratio", as DLC ratios would always be boosted since not all gamers wished to buy all DLC (as a matter of taste).

Just as you wouldn't play a bad game, or watch a bad movie, or read a bad book. Makes enough sense to me. Then again, so does the other side. An achievement is an achievement after all. Which is why, like I said, I would not be dissenting as you are. Also why it makes the most sense to have both options.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Throni360Throni3602,578,834
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 11:29
    EaseAndInspire said:Whats your deal anyway? Youre clearly not a completionist why do you even care how ta tracks dlc... ?I'm sorry. I work on my completion before raising my voice. I didn't know that only completionists have a say in that matter. btw... real completionists set it to all DLC. Everything else is manipulating stats.

iMaginaryy said:I just think it should be up to the user how they want it displayed. There is an option for "All DLC" after all. No one forces everyone to set it to "DLC I Own".Tell me this: Why is the default setting "DLC I own" and NOT "all DLC"? Log out and you can see it. Every page is set to owned DLC. This is the default setting and the reason why it is the most used setting. I bet that 98% of users NEVER went to the settings page and looked through the 3 different options regarding DLC. If the default setting would be "all DLC" (the only right way) then over 90% would use that setting because they don't care and don't look at the different options.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 11:45
    New users are urged to check out their settings to set their TA up how they want.
  • NorqueatszNorqueatsz147,200
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 11:55
    I never even knew about the settings until I got bored one day and started going through random things.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 11:56
    Norqueatsz said:I never even knew about the settings until I got bored one day and started going through random things.The registration process was in need of an overhaul which is something we improved on very recently (So you will of missed that)
  • Throni360Throni3602,578,834
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 12:00, Edited on 30 August 14 at 12:01 by Throni360
    Spilner said:New users are urged to check out their settings to set their TA up how they want.People are urged to read ToS etc too. And noone does it.

edit:
    Please tell me why the default setting is "DLC I own"? Is that the stance that TA officially takes? Or is it because it fits with the fantasy formula?
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 12:07
    No idea, not my decision, im in the 'All DLC = true' camp
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads