TrueAchievements Polls

Forum for our TrueAchievement Polls Only TA Staff can create polls here.

Best "Oh no!" enemy

• drabikdrabik376,510
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 08:04
    Hi TA'ers!

The focus of our last poll immediately followed the announcement of the TrueAchievements App for the Xbox One. In this poll, we asked you which feature you are most excited about. By far the most popular response was "All of the above! I'm still lost for words!" (38.0%), with "Achievements for using TrueAchievements" (16.1%) and "Achievement lists and Solutions for Games and Apps on ALL Xbox platforms" (8.6%) being the most popular alternative features.

Speaking of achievements for the TrueAchievements App, you can view the very first TrueAchievement achievement being unlocked here. More information on the app and associated achievements will be revealed in the coming weeks. smile

For this week's poll, we move back to the world of gaming. Many games have that enemy that makes us go "Oh No!" (or at least something to that effect). wink This poll asks about your favourite "Oh No!" enemy. To qualify for this poll, the enemy must be a recurring enemy (rather than a boss). As always, we've only included a handful of these enemies, but feel free to post below to mention any enemies we've missed, as well as any from other consoles!
    Poll: Which enemy that made you go "Oh No!" is your favourite?
    • 2.5% - Assault Taken (Alan Wake)
    • 13.8% - Big Daddy (Bioshock)
    • 4.7% - Brute (Dead Space)
    • 9.5% - Chainsaw Ganado (Resident Evil 4)
    • 20.7% - Deathclaw (Fallout series)
    • 1.5% - Head Crabs (Half Life 2)
    • 3.6% - Jiralhanae (Brute) Chieftain (Halo series)
    • 2.3% - Krogan Battlemasters (Mass Effect)
    • 12.1% - Lambent Berserker (Gears of War 3)
    • 3.5% - Legendary Dragons (Skyrim)
    • 3.9% - Mannequins (Condemned)
    • 16.4% - Witch (Left 4 Dead)
    • 5.4% - Other: Please post and tell us!

We had 3,564 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 08:09
    Where's the Mannequins from Silent Hill Downpour? They shit me up.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 August 14 at 08:12, Edited on 23 August 14 at 08:15 by
    No points for guessing which one is going to win...

I voted 'other'. The ones mentioned all don't really appeal to me so I have to think of another one.

I'll go with the 'annoying weapons' enemies in the Batman Arkham games. You know, the ones that have a knife or a tazer and not only interrupt your combat flow but harm you as well.

If we're counting games not on this site, I'll go for either the clickers in Last Of Us, or Blooper from the Super Mario games - especially those in "Super Mario Bros.".
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
  • pezza888pezza888179,704
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 08:30
    Voted mannequins, condemned. One of the few times I have actually been scared playing a game.
    Runner up for me is the chainsaw guy from resident evil 4.
  • LOST ThanuLOST Thanu1,299,746
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 08:48
    L4D: Tank on expert
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 08:53
    I voted deathclaws, especially in Fallout 3 and the dlc of Fallout: New Vegas. The first time i encountered one, i immediately died. The deathclaws in Fallout: New Vegas dlc were insane. Those things were incredibly strong. Even though i was a fully upgraded character, a location with a lot of deathclaws could still mean certain death, like near the traintracks in Fallout: New Vegas. I really never feared another enemy, but these just made me anxious about discovering new locations.
  • Always SaucyAlways Saucy706,544
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 09:14
    Yeah, I'm surprised the witch is on there for L4D, but I thought the tank was much worse. The witch will kill one and run off, but the tank wont stop until you're all dead lol.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash570,761
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 09:24
    The witch, yesssss.... The best part about it is that it will most likely kill you instantly, but you DO have a chance to neutralize it before it even touches you, OR one-shot headshot it if you're lucky. Extremely well designed enemy.
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 09:25
    WhyattThrash said:The witch, yesssss.... The best part about it is that it will most likely kill you instantly, but you DO have a chance to neutralize it before it even touches you, OR one-shot headshot it if you're lucky. Extremely well designed enemy.Never been able to stop it. 100% of the times it gets me :P
  • o DEEVIUS oo DEEVIUS o626,350
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 09:43
    I've never played Left 4 Dead, but I now do not want to encounter a Witch!

But personally it was the 'Cazadors' from Fallout: New Vegas that made me shit my pants the most!
    If that's that then this has got to be this
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,443
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 09:48
    The giant mutant from RAGE the first time you visit Dead City. The fight is quite easy if you know how, but while I was playing this game for the very first time I have to agree that I said 'Oh fuck me' laugh
    Walkthrough Assistant Manager - We work in the dark to serve the light - ENGORGE!
  • drabikdrabik376,510
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 09:51, Edited on 23 August 14 at 09:53 by drabik
    o DEEVIUS o said:But personally it was the 'Cazadors' from Fallout: New Vegas that made me shit my pants the most!I was tempted to include Cazadors, but deathclaws just managed to win. Could only really include one creature per game.

No doubt Cazadors fit the category! I've seen the wasps they're based on (my photos). Scary stuff!
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
  • WyyvernWyyvern804,669
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 10:14
    drabik said:o DEEVIUS o said:But personally it was the 'Cazadors' from Fallout: New Vegas that made me shit my pants the most!I was tempted to include Cazadors, but deathclaws just managed to win. Could only really include one creature per game.

No doubt Cazadors fit the category! I've seen the wasps they're based on (my photos). Scary stuff!
    Thought of the cazadors as well when I saw this poll laugh

Hate those things.
    [Insert clever and unique signature here]
  • Necromorph11Necromorph111,322,860
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 10:30
    borderlands 2 IRON-GOD: this golem can reach level 92(the highest in the game).with the player capped at level 72 this goliath gets a ridiculous 99.2% damage reduction...
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 10:52
    I really hated the deathclaws on Fallout. Especially if the sneaked up on you. BAM you're dead. But thinking about it the Cazadores from Fallout NV were terrifying too. They don't look so dangerous but the poison is hell.

Edit: Just saw im not the only one who thinks they're absolutely terrifying :D

SpectralSprintr said:drabik said:o DEEVIUS o said:But personally it was the 'Cazadors' from Fallout: New Vegas that made me shit my pants the most!I was tempted to include Cazadors, but deathclaws just managed to win. Could only really include one creature per game.

Thought of the cazadors as well when I saw this poll laugh

Hate those things.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 August 14 at 10:58
    Why is the Witch from L4D is an option but the tank isn't? Because I think most people would say the tank is more of a surprise than the witch and a lot tougher to handle on the harder difficulties.

Also headcrabs from Half Life 2 are an extremely pathetic enemy laugh

Anyway, in conclusion the Police Boats in Hydro Thunder Hurricane make me go 'Oh no!' the most.
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • drabikdrabik376,510
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 10:59
    Oddworld X said:Anyway, in conclusion the Police Boats in Hydro Thunder Hurricane make me go 'Oh no!' the most.We wanted to give the other options a chance, so excluded this.
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 11:02
    You cant outrun a death claw you either fight or die
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,244,411
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 11:39, Edited on 23 August 14 at 11:39 by Chris1984uk
    If there was going to be one from the RE series it should have been a Hunter, they're 10x worse than the chainsaw ganado (The Hunters are in RE:Revelations, if the list is an Xbox 360 only list).

I'd have also included the Freaks from Thief. They were creepy as hell and if you were seen by one unless you were upgraded it was going to be an interesting fight.
  • OjotangoOjotango217,854
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 11:40
    Witch and Chainsaw Ganado. Both of them are heard before being seen, which really helps in freaking you out.

You're going along minding your own business and then they turn up and really ruin your day.

"Great, now I have to deal with THIS!"
    So much for pathos...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads