Bug Reports - Archive

Archive of Bug Reports

Twitter Integration

• Fixed
  • KodingKoding1,006,714
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 19:28, Edited on 08 December 14 at 17:26 by Spilner
    Odd thing. My Twitter integration does not work here but works fine on TrueTrophies. I've revoked, renewed, and reauthorized the Twitter component many times but it's still not working. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 23 August 14 at 19:55
    From [Logged] Twitter
    Spilner said:I know its a pain but I don't know why it happens:
    Spilner said:Did you ever recieve an auto message from the site to tell you we couldnt post to twitter?

I did a while ago and what worked for me was to head into the twitter app section (https://twitter.com/settings/applications) and revoke the access TA/TT has (whichever isnt working) and either undo it to see if that works or then go into your twitter settings on here (Twitter Settings), remove details and then authorize again.
    Could you try those steps please
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • KodingKoding1,006,714
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 23:18
    Revoked access and undid the revoke. Didn't work.

Revoked access, removed details, re-added info. Didn't work.
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 23:23, Edited on 24 August 14 at 23:24 by Spilner
    Really? Worked for me on my TA and TT account.

Ummm perhaps unlink both your TA and TT accounts and start a fresh so to speak? This has usually worked in the past though. :/
  • KodingKoding1,006,714
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 17:35
    Revoked access for both TA and TT at twitter.com.

Removed details for Twitter at both TA and TT.

Re-added info at TA and TT.

Works on TT. Doesn't work on TA.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 18:22
    Well colour me confused now, I don't like asking you to keep trying things since im sure its annoying you but could you try having TA as the only linked account, just to check that adding them both isn't the issue? Weird you seem to be one of the very few members to be having this.
  • KodingKoding1,006,714
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 17:46, Edited on 31 August 14 at 19:07 by Koding
    Not at all. I was in IT for 20+ years so I know the value of trial and error in fixing things. This trial didn't fix it though...cry

Revoked access for both TA and TT at twitter.com.

Removed details for Twitter at both TA and TT.

Re-added info at TA.

Still doesn't work on TA.
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 21:27
    shock I don't get why its not working, ill log that you cant get yours to post at all and when rich isn't as busy he can look at this, sorry!
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 18:53
    Hi,
    i have the same problem. For a few Days everything worked but since saturday it is broken. TT is still fine.
    The advice posted here didn't work for me either.
    Posted on 03 September 14 at 00:25
    Damn ok, thanks for letting me know that its more than one person
  • LurkioLurkio229,770
    Posted on 11 September 14 at 04:21
    Mine hasn't worked for a couple of weeks either.
    Posted on 11 September 14 at 07:57
    Lurkio said:Mine hasn't worked for a couple of weeks either.Have you tried the advice I gave above?
  • LurkioLurkio229,770
    Posted on 11 September 14 at 20:51
    I have and it still doesn't seem to work.
    Posted on 11 September 14 at 20:56
    Ok thanks for trying and sorry it didn't work
  • A Chill UponA Chill Upon583,822
    Posted on 13 September 14 at 07:21
    Again, I have tried the above advice and my feed on Twitter has not updated since July 12th. I have had the

"Registered for #TrueAchievement Twitter updates on http://trueachievements.com "

tweet, but I tried changing my site status (as a test to see if that tweeted), and nothing.

If you need anymore info, let me know.

Thanks
    Posted on 08 December 14 at 17:28
    I speak for me, the site speaks for itself
  • Information
    Posted on 08 December 14 at 17:28
    This post was archived by Spilner
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads