Game Info Submission Archive: Just Cause 2

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Just Cause 2 - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Just Cause 2

• Information
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 19:42
    https://www.trueachievements.com/LuckyConquerer2.htm has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Just Cause 2:

LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Just Cause 2Test DriverThe Test Driver achievement in Just Cause 2 worth 14 pointsDrive 30 different vehicles.

why is this cumulative and collectable? it should be only collectable

Just Cause 2Trying Everything OnceThe Trying Everything Once achievement in Just Cause 2 worth 121 pointsDrive all 104 vehicles.

- cumulative

Just Cause 2Stunt FlyerThe Stunt Flyer achievement in Just Cause 2 worth 30 pointsFly an airplane close to the ground for 30 seconds.

+ time sensitive.

• WebChimp UKWebChimp UK666,316
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 20:14, Edited on 24 August 14 at 20:21 by WebChimp UK
    Thanks for the submission, https://www.trueachievements.com/LuckyConquerer2.htm

Collectable + Cumulative
    This is for the collectables that aren't unique.
    L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)Auto FanaticThe Auto Fanatic achievement in L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) worth 84 pointsDrive every vehicle in the city.
    Red Dead RedemptionUnnatural SelectionThe Unnatural Selection achievement in Red Dead Redemption worth 54 pointsKill one of every animal species in the game in any game mode.
    For the Test Driver in Just Cause 2 and Trying Everything Once in Just Cause 2 achievements the Cumulative and Collectable flags have been applied as a synergy - highlighting that the collectables are non-unique and you can expect to find many of each.

Time Sensitive
    These achievements can be obtained by playing the game or performing actions at certain times or within a time limit.

Time Sensitive achievements can be gained by either playing the game at a specific time of day, for playing a number of days in a row, or within a clearly defined time limit. Achievements that see their progress restricted to a well defined time frame, causing it to reset, are also marked by this flag.
    While the Stunt Flyer in Just Cause 2 achievement is related to time, it's not sensitive to it, so the Time Sensitive flag is not applicable - you're not bound by a time limit, and you're not required to play the game at a certain time. Instead you're accumulating progress toward a counter over time, but as this counter progress can reset the Cumulative flag is also not applicable to this achievement either.

Thanks again for the submission, and if you've got any questions feel free to reply. toast
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,120,090
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 20:25
    OK, I understand about the vehicles. Noted for future submissions.

For Stunt Flyer, I noted that
    Just Cause 2Killing FrenzyThe Killing Frenzy achievement in Just Cause 2 worth 42 pointsKill 20 enemies in 60 seconds.
    is also listed as time sensitive. They are the same.
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 20:45, Edited on 24 August 14 at 20:56 by WebChimp UK
    Just Cause 2Killing FrenzyThe Killing Frenzy achievement in Just Cause 2 worth 42 pointsKill 20 enemies in 60 seconds.
    In the case of Killing Frenzy in Just Cause 2 you have to kill 20 enemies within 60 seconds, so this imposes a strict time limit in which you have to perform the actions, so the Time Sensitive flag is applicable.

Just Cause 2Stunt FlyerThe Stunt Flyer achievement in Just Cause 2 worth 30 pointsFly an airplane close to the ground for 30 seconds.
    The Stunt Flyer in Just Cause 2 achievement instead defines a time frame for which you've got to maintain the action, this isn't sensitive to time, but just an accumulation of a counter over time. A subtle difference to note between the achievement descriptions is that this achievement uses the word 'for' rather than 'in'.
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 23:58
    Both have a time limit which resets to 0 if you fail.
    Posted on 25 August 14 at 00:51, Edited on 25 August 14 at 01:15 by WebChimp UK
    For the Stunt Flyer in Just Cause 2 achievement there is no time limit imposed, just a cumulative amount of time that you must consecutively perform the action for. As you're not having to complete the action within a time limit or at a certain time the Time Sensitive flag is not applicable.

If the achievement description was instead 'Fly an airplane close to the ground for 30 seconds within a minute of taking off.' then the Time Sensitive flag would be applicable, as there's a clear time constraint of a minute given in which you must complete the action - but this isn't the case.

The reason I mentioned the counter resetting in my previous explanation was to highlight that although the achievement is an accumulation of time, due to the requirement to perform the action in one consecutive go the Cumulative flag is also not applicable in this instance.

Thanks again for the submission, and I hope that clarifies the use of the Time Sensitive flag a little bit more. smile
    Posted on 25 August 14 at 04:58
    I now see your reasoning but disagree with the flag usage if that is the case. Oh well, I hope I get it right next time now I will understand how you guys use it.

Thanks.
  • Information
    Posted on 25 August 14 at 18:28
    This post was archived by LitaOsiris
  • Information
    Posted on 13 September 14 at 23:43
    https://www.trueachievements.com/LuckyConquerer2.htm has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Just Cause 2:

LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Just Cause 2Halfway thereThe Halfway there achievement in Just Cause 2 worth 87 pointsReach 50% completion in the normal mode or mercenary mode.

- Time consuming

I got this whilst working on other achievements and did not need an extra 20 hours

My stats
    Agency missions: 2 (two achievements)
    Faction missions: 49 (one achievement)
    Stronghold takeovers: 9 (two achievements)
    Challenges: 1
    Locations completed: 129 (one achievement)
    Resource items: 1100 (two achievements)
    Faction items: 136
    Colonels assassinated: 28 (one achievement)
    Sabotages: 1558 (two achievements)

I can increase this % now whilst working on other achievements such as agency missions and challenges. The Perfectionist achievement may not need the time consuming flag either but I will submit a change for that in the future, once I have more experience.

• Information
  • LitaOsirisLitaOsiris1,238,693
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 09:35
    Thankies, both changes have been applied toast
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 11:01, Edited on 20 September 14 at 11:01 by LuckyKant
    No worries. I mentioned that Perfectionist may not need time consuming but after doing the achievement, I am in the view that is is flagged correctly.

Thanks for the quick work. toast
  • Information
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 11:04
    This post was archived by WebChimp UK
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 11:05, Edited on 20 September 14 at 11:08 by WebChimp UK
    LuckyConquerer2 said:No worries. I mentioned that Perfectionist may not need time consuming but after doing the achievement, I am in the view that is is flagged correctly.Thanks for the update on Perfectionist in Just Cause 2, LuckyConquerer2, we agree with this assessment too! toast
  • Information
    Posted on 21 June 15 at 13:14
    Incorrect. There is a point of no return.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Walkthroughs - Owner : 4: Latest: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Contributions: 3: Latest: Max Payne 3
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 June 15 at 13:23
    LuckyConquerer2 said:Incorrect. There is a point of no return.

You have to choose a faction at the end of the story. Strongholds are then unavailable for takeover if you have not completed the initial mission for that faction.
    Ah, I was unaware of this.

So that means that I need to do 49 before I finish the story?
    Life is insignificant, in the end we all die.
    Posted on 21 June 15 at 16:05
    No. As long as you have done the stronghold missions, the faction missions will appear in the stronghold areas, subject to chaos levels. I would recommend doing them before the story completion, just in case.

When I played this on my old tag, I missed it as I never saw the 1st blue faction stronghold. It was camouflaged. facepalm
    Walkthroughs - Owner : 4: Latest: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Contributions: 3: Latest: Max Payne 3
  • NomstuffNomstuff956,247
    Posted on 21 June 15 at 16:34, Edited on 21 June 15 at 16:35 by WebChimp UK
    Thank you for the submission SandHawkTime. As LuckyConquerer2's explained there is a point of no return in the game, thus the achievements are Missable. As such we've left the flags in place.
  • Information
    Posted on 21 June 15 at 16:36
    This post was archived by WebChimp UK
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads