Game Discussion: F1 2010

Online Risk?

• Posted on 25 August 14 at 13:12
    Im thinking of doing all the online apart from level 50. Is a shutdown expected/imminent?
    Do Codemasters usually give warning of online shutdowns? Is there any chance of an XP boost at the end of the games lifecycle?

Thanks!
    DiRT, Grid , Forza , Need for Speed Fan
  • pezza888pezza888179,783
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 19:35
    No one ever replied to you so I'll have a go at answering. This is codemasters first f1 game on the 360 (I think). So if they were going to shut anything down they would probably start with this, but as far as I know the only thing ever shut down by codemasters was the dirt 2 upload/download ghosts feature. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any others, and they are definitely not renowned for their shutdowns. As for an xp boost I would not count on it.
  • NismoR034NismoR0341,139,414
    Posted on 29 November 15 at 17:44
    I just recently finished the grind towards level 50 (and believe me, it's a grind -- level 42 is halfway...) and can say that you shouldn't have anything to worry about. This game is peer-to-peer, as far as I can tell, meaning it won't ever be shutdown. The leaderboards (where you would check how much online experience you have) might be but I doubt it, as I suspect Codemasters would have done it by now. So yeah, if you think you're up for the grind then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go for it. I don't see it being shut down anytime soon.

Hope that helps. :)
  • gallzy111gallzy111254,355
    Posted on 06 December 15 at 23:30
    If you get the CV submitted can you send me a message and I'll join to get it?
    History is a story we tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie.
  • gallzy111gallzy111254,355
    Posted on 06 December 15 at 23:31
    If you get the CV submitted can you send me a message and I'll join to get it?
    History is a story we tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads