Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Actual Gamerscore on homepage

• VolkmannVolkmann263,642
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 06:44, Edited on 02 September 14 at 16:23 by Volkmann
    Just curious if it's feasible to add an option to the homepage where we could look at the friend's list by Gamerscore. Also, wondering if it's possible to have an option to set the gamercard in the top right to Gamerscore only. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the ratios. I'm just not all that crazy about the business of the multiple scores.

Just testing the waters and seeing if there might be any interest. Personally, I believe this simple option would appeal to a wider audience.
  • drabikdrabik378,200
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 07:10
    I see no harm in having this option. It would only affect the person using that setting. Everyone else could still view that person's account, seeing the True Score.

I wouldn't personally use this, but I'm sure there's a market for the idea.
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 07:14
    I would use both, sometimes it's just fun to look at that cool even Gamerscore when it happens upon an even number.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,532,508
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 07:27
    My disagreement with this option is that it diverts from the entire founding notion of the site, which can be found in humorous form here: About TrueAchievements

As mentioned, what you are asking for can already be found: Gamer by GamerScore, as you can select the "Friends Only" option found on all the site leaderboards.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,137,510
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 11:09
    How about this, as a compromise as well as the TA score then the GS in brackets how about having the G icon there? Since all the information you're wanting is already there.
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash559,118
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 13:09, Edited on 30 August 14 at 13:10 by WhyattThrash
    If you use Firefox or Chrome (which you should): Write a Greasemonkey script for it? Then no-one has to program it for you...

I like the idea of having the G icon there though. It'd also be more intuitive.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 17:11
    WhyattThrash said:If you use Firefox or Chrome (which you should): Write a Greasemonkey script for it? Then no-one has to program it for you...

I like the idea of having the G icon there though. It'd also be more intuitive.
    I've never programmed anything before, but that's really interesting. Maybe I should get off the xbox and learn how to do that. laugh I do know that I've had issues with Firefox and Chrome supporting certain essential websites that I use.

G icon? Not interested in adding info, interested in subtracting. It's primarily the leaderboard that annoys me. I'm lower than all my friends so it's not about ranking, just curiousity about their gamerscores. Is there an option to set the homepage to that gamers by Gamerscore thing I keep hearing about?
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy632,901
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 17:14
    Just ask to be put on gamerscore only tracking.
    Life, it's funny that way.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 17:19, Edited on 30 August 14 at 17:24 by Volkmann
    I didn't know that was an option. So if I did that, (a)would I still be able to look at ratios and (b)would everyone on my homepage show actual Gamerscore on the leaderboard?
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 17:27
    Volkmann said:I didn't know that was an option. So if I did that, (a)would I still be able to look at ratios and (b)would everyone on my homepage show actual Gamerscore on the leaderboard?Would be just you and im pretty sure that tracking is reserved for actual cheaters.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy632,901
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 18:15
    Spilner said:Volkmann said:I didn't know that was an option. So if I did that, (a)would I still be able to look at ratios and (b)would everyone on my homepage show actual Gamerscore on the leaderboard?Would be just you and im pretty sure that tracking is reserved for actual cheaters.Nope its not - anyone can be put on it by request (some prefer it)
  • Posted on 30 August 14 at 18:42
    Sorry, you have been misinformed. Anyone with that symbol has been set to that level by the Investigations Team for gamerscore cheating.

It is not available by request.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy632,901
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 20:32
    said:Sorry, you have been misinformed. Anyone with that symbol has been set to that level by the Investigations Team for gamerscore cheating.

hrm, strange. I could have sworn a couple tags requested to be on it as soon as it became available as an option. Not sure why it isn't an option - other than a couple lost features (leaderborads & gamers who've completed game) it seems ideal for those who don't want TA scoring.
  • QuickMythrilQuickMythril805,792
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 20:46
    yeah while i agree, i rarely look at my truescore or any one else's or any achievement's for that matter, i ALWAYS take note of achievements' and games' ratios, which is what the truescore is based on. it's nice to know that 1000 points for avatar the last airbender is not worth nearly as much as 1000 points for, say gears of war, or alan wake, or anything else for that matter. sometimes i've wished i could reverse it and have the truescore in parentheses, but by now i'm pretty much used to it. as said above making a script to change how it's displayed on your end would be pretty easy. also pretty sure most lists can be sorted by TS or GS or Ratio just by clicking on the heading.
    Posted on 30 August 14 at 20:56
    QuickMythril said:sometimes i've wished i could reverse it and have the truescore in parenthesesQuit reading my thoughts. laugh
  • Posted on 30 August 14 at 22:02
    said:Sorry, you have been misinformed. Anyone with that symbol has been set to that level by the Investigations Team for gamerscore cheating.

There you go just mod a couple games and you get your wish :)
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • Posted on 30 August 14 at 22:06
    JMJimmy said: said:Sorry, you have been misinformed. Anyone with that symbol has been set to that level by the Investigations Team for gamerscore cheating.

hrm, strange. I could have sworn a couple tags requested to be on it as soon as it became available as an option. Not sure why it isn't an option - other than a couple lost features (leaderborads & gamers who've completed game) it seems ideal for those who don't want TA scoring.
    I asked about this back then, but as an option like the OP is requesting (not losing privliges). +1 for me.
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
  • planting42planting422,099,069
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 02:52
    Although I'm typically for more options, this is TrueAchievements and not Gamerscore. The Gamerscore value is featured next to the TA score for each gamer and achievement. This is something better served by a greasemonkey script (or similar) IMHO.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2014.htm
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 03:16
    Its not like Gamerscore is completely hidden though :s
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 03:29, Edited on 31 August 14 at 03:33 by Volkmann
    Very true, I just find myself wanting to look at an actual Gamerscore friend leaderboard on my homepage. Unless I'm missing something, I went through everything it seemed and couldn't change that feature.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads