Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Actual Gamerscore on homepage

• Posted on 01 September 14 at 15:04, Edited on 01 September 14 at 15:07 by QuickMythril
    most places they already show both. there are some places where it doesn't matter, for example here in this thread, when i look to the left under your names, i could care less what your truescore OR gamerscore is. but on the friends list (home page AND friends page) it should be shown and able to be sorted by. i'm sure this is easy enough to implement. as far as how time consuming, i'm not familiar with the coding. but to request to only show gamerscore and never truescore for everything is silly and pointless. as far as i understand this thread, it was the friends list that was really bothering the OP the most. i can understand that and totally agree. i just never really noticed it before. most of the few friends i have on here are just people that i don't know in real life. i only have one friend that i know personally who regularly games and i would actually be interested in seeing his score. of course if i just wanted to see his gamerscore, i'd look at any one of many xbox live enabled devices. but if all my buds were on here and we were somewhat competitive with it, then i'd definitely want that available.

anyway, main point is why have less data? adding GS a few places should be easy and i would imagine not add huge load to the servers pulling info from this and that database.
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o718,115
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 15:27
    I really don't see the harm in giving people options on how to view their homepage. Perhaps the side panel leaderboard could be replaced by any one (or more?) leaderboards of your choosing, instead of the default friends by TA score.

I love this site for tracking, guides, boosting sessions, walkthroughs, forums and friend interaction but personally have very little interest in TA scores/ratio. Whilst I appreciate that TA score was the beginning of the site it is so much more than that now. Not every person will use or care about every feature, so allowing them to focus on the bits that they want can only be a good thing, especially when it has no effect whatsoever on other users.

If I could have an option to view the site on a gamerscore only basis (but with the TA calculations still going on in the background for the benefit of other site users) then I'd choose it.
  • VolkmannVolkmann261,956
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 17:34, Edited on 01 September 14 at 17:37 by Volkmann
    Yeah, I still like the TA ratios, I just wanted an option for the friends list on the homepage mainly and maybe the gamercard that you can display on the top right?
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash570,840
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 18:23
    Why stop there? If you want to be able to sort by Gamerscore, why not make the box completely customizable so you can sort by TA score/TA ratio/Gamerscore/Played games/Date joined/Whatever. And why not make ALL the right-side boxes customizable? I remember a while back someone requested to sort "my best games" by TA ratio, for example.

Because: Resources. There's one guy developing the entire site. And a completely free-to-use site to boot. Maybe if someone throws a considerable donation Rich's way, they might get their say in this.

I'm all for the customization of one's homepage, but I understand if developing new features takes precedent to adding options to features that already work well.
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 19:01
    No argument here, if the resources and manpower aren't there.. I completely understand. Still, it was a moderator who suggested I post this (though he also said I probably wouldn't get very far with it. laugh). I was just getting the impression that the site was interested in community feedback.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,834
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 19:06
    Volkmann said:No argument here, if the resources and manpower aren't there.. I completely understand. Still, it was a moderator who suggested I post this (though he also said I probably wouldn't get very far with it. laugh). I was just getting the impression that the site was interested in community feedback.Im not a mod wink
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 19:09
    Bug reports manager? I know your something. laugh
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 19:19
    Volkmann said:Bug reports manager? I know your something. laughBug reports and site help manager, not a mod though laugh
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 19:39
    Spilner said:Volkmann said:Bug reports manager? I know your something. laughBug reports and site help manager, not a mod though laughDo you have one of those spray bucket thingies? No, I'm not off topic now. headspin
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 19:44
    Volkmann said:Spilner said:Volkmann said:Bug reports manager? I know your something. laughBug reports and site help manager, not a mod though laughDo you have one of those spray bucket thingies? No, I'm not off topic now. headspinVolkmann said:Spilner said:Volkmann said:Bug reports manager? I know your something. laughBug reports and site help manager, not a mod though Do you have one of those spray bucket thingies? No, I'm not off topic now. headspinYou lost me there
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 19:57, Edited on 01 September 14 at 19:58 by Volkmann
    Actual bug exterminators use those (you know, insects).. but I guess you just report them. "Look, there's a bug! " laugh Humor is not a strength of mine.
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 19:58
    Volkmann said:Actual bug exterminators use those (you know, insects).. but I guess you just report them. "Look, there's a bug! " laugh Humor is not a strength of mine.I just squash them with my boot.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,562
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 20:07
    Spilner said:Volkmann said:No argument here, if the resources and manpower aren't there.. I completely understand. Still, it was a moderator who suggested I post this (though he also said I probably wouldn't get very far with it. laugh). I was just getting the impression that the site was interested in community feedback.Im not a mod winkYes, but your recommendations and opinions reflect that of the site, do they not?

wink
  • o DEEVIUS oo DEEVIUS o625,880
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 23:39
    assassinjay1229 said:o DEEVIUS o said:Just leave TA...and most useless douchebag comment of the thread goes to you clap

Anyway I see no reason not to include this, some people just prefer the REAL fake number. Sure back when I joined TA 5 years ago the gimmick seemed cool, but now I care a hell of a lot more about Gs. All OP is asking for is his friend box to display/sort by Gs... some people are really overreacting to this.
    These endless threads of people bitching and wanting to change and tailor TA exactly to their preferences frankly bore the pants off me. And I find this request; to hide the fundamental key principle aspect of why this site was founded to be nothing short of rude and downright ignorant.

If you don't like the site then leave it, I don't come into your house and tell you to redecorate 'cos I don't like the colour. (perfect analogy wink)
    If that's that then this has got to be this
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,562
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 23:44
    Not quite perfect. Asking him to redecorate in a manner where only you would see it redecorated, and he would still see it the old way, that's a perfect analogy.

However, I do agree with you (maybe not as strongly) that it's just wrong to ask for an option that puts on the back burner the stat that created this site.
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 23:52
    Just throwin out an idea. Calm down.
  • zzUrbanSpacemanzzUrbanSpaceman1,518,948
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 00:02, Edited on 02 September 14 at 00:05 by zzUrbanSpaceman
    o DEEVIUS o said:These endless threads of people bitching and wanting to change and tailor TA exactly to their preferences frankly bore the pants off me. And I find this request; to hide the fundamental key principle aspect of why this site was founded to be nothing short of rude and downright ignorant.

If you don't like the site then leave it, I don't come into your house and tell you to redecorate 'cos I don't like the colour. (perfect analogy wink)
    Mate, why don't you just, I don't know, LEAVE THE THREAD? If you don't want to read about this ... stop reading about it.

And there's nothing wrong with asking for the site to show you the statistics that you care about in the way you want. Shall we start down the DLC/non-DLC discussion again? Riddle me this: why do we even have any site settings that allow us to customize the homepage or any other aspects of the site at all? If it's "rude" to ask for things to be displayed they way we PREFER then let's just kill all of the optional settings and force everyone to look at their homepage in exactly the same way.

Really. roll I ask you, who's the one actually being rude here?
    I don't exist.
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 01:43
    Right on, Though I may never use half the options available, I'm glad they have them. It would only help to bring more people in IMO then have the TA die hards leave from something so petty.
    Some newcomers may just want the straight stats with the new app before getting used to the system and chaos we got here.
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 01:50, Edited on 02 September 14 at 01:54 by Volkmann
    BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:Right on, Though I may never use half the options available, I'm glad they have them. It would only help to bring more people in IMO then have the TA die hards leave from something so petty.
    Some newcomers may just want the straight stats with the new app before getting used to the system and chaos we got here.
    Exactly, I have tons of friends that don't even come on here and I would like to see that change. Unless, of course, TA is not interested in a wider audience. I'm starting to hype this site to friends, I hope that's ok.
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 02:54, Edited on 02 September 14 at 02:56 by Exalted Entity
    o DEEVIUS o said:assassinjay1229 said:o DEEVIUS o said:Just leave TA...and most useless douchebag comment of the thread goes to you clap

Anyway I see no reason not to include this, some people just prefer the REAL fake number. Sure back when I joined TA 5 years ago the gimmick seemed cool, but now I care a hell of a lot more about Gs. All OP is asking for is his friend box to display/sort by Gs... some people are really overreacting to this.
    These endless threads of people bitching and wanting to change and tailor TA exactly to their preferences frankly bore the pants off me. And I find this request; to hide the fundamental key principle aspect of why this site was founded to be nothing short of rude and downright ignorant.

Because this isn't a house, mate. This is the community gym. And not having the ability to put 300 lbs on my bench press because some people can't handle past 200 lbs is not fair.

I joined this site for the gaming sessions, and the community. I don't like the True achievement calculations, the ratio, and definitely not the score. Is it a big deal that would make me leave the site? Nope. But is it annoying to look at? Yep.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads