TrueAchievements Polls

Forum for our TrueAchievement Polls Only TA Staff can create polls here.

Twitch Poll

• drabikdrabik376,376
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 07:54
    Hi TA'ers!

In our previous poll, we asked you to vote for the Best "Oh no!" enemy. After 3,564 responses, the clear winner was Fallout's Deathclaw (20.7%). There were many comments suggesting that Left 4 Dead's Tank should have been included, but we could only include one per series. Instead, we included Left 4 Dead's Witch (16.4%), which finished in second place. The third best "Oh no!" enemy was voted by the community as Bioshock's Big Daddy (13.8%).

In this week's poll, we ask about the Integration of Twitch on TrueAchievements. With the new feature, you can display your broadcasts on your homepage, whilst all LIVE broadcasts are shown via the Twitch Hub. This week we are asking you of your thoughts of Twitch Integration.
    Poll: What are your thoughts on the addition of Twitch Integration to TrueAchievements?
    • 9.2% - I was already an active Twitch user. Broadcasting my channel on TA is a welcome addition!
    • 7.8% - I will use Twitch more now it has TA integration.
    • 1.0% - I made a Twitch account specifically for this feature!
    • 8.2% - It's handy to watch my friend's broadcasts.
    • 51.3% - Not something I'd use, but a nice addition for others.
    • 22.6% - The only Twitch I'm aware of is the one in my eye. o_0

We had 2,562 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 August 14 at 08:14
    I'd never heard of Twitch so I chose the eye option
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
  • Posted on 31 August 14 at 08:19
    I never use twitch but it's a nice feature for people who do, so I chose that option.
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob157,637
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 08:34
    maybe I'm just old, but I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in watching someone else play games, rather than just using the time to play themselves / watch a film / boxset instead.

As such, I don't really 'get' twitch.

Good news for those that do though...
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,547
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 08:42
    Dancing Rob said:maybe I'm just old, but I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in watching someone else play games, rather than just using the time to play themselves / watch a film / boxset instead.

This is exactly how I feel about it. Would rather be playing games than watching them. Great for people who do though.
  • MusquitoMusquito824,671
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 08:55
    I made a Twitch account specifically for this feature!

I even had to ask what Twitch was.shock
    http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
  • Hanrec2Hanrec21,005,039
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 09:18
    Dancing Rob said:maybe I'm just old, but I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in watching someone else play games, rather than just using the time to play themselves / watch a film / boxset instead.

Totally agree with this, I watch the ocassional walk through on YouTube when stuck on a level or need a solution. I habe only used twitch to see how a new game looks and feels like to play.
  • OjotangoOjotango217,810
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 11:04
    Normally I would have said that I don't really get Twitch, like others have, but I think this could be really useful for things like Trials, where there is a lot of user-created content. It seems like a good way to promote your own stuff.

Not sure I'll have the time now to create as much content as I did before, but I may well use the feature in the future.
    So much for pathos...
  • WyyvernWyyvern800,715
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 11:03
    I voted for the "not something I'd use" option. I could never watch it regularly.

Honestly, 95% of Twitch content is someone flailing around on a MOBA with some house music in the background.
    [Insert clever and unique signature here]
  • Posted on 31 August 14 at 11:06
    The only reason I know what twitch is is because they played pokemon. Not something I'm going to ever use but it's nice for people who will
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,370,525
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 12:00
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:Dancing Rob said:maybe I'm just old, but I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in watching someone else play games, rather than just using the time to play themselves / watch a film / boxset instead.

This is exactly how I feel about it. Would rather be playing games than watching them. Great for people who do though.
    I find there's three major reasons.

1) Entertainment. If the player is simply that entertaining combined with the game, it can be just as much about the cult of personality.
    2) Story. I was streaming Catherine last month, and the majority of viewers had one of two comments. They wanted to play, but didn't because they were either bad at puzzle games or were put off by the difficult completion. Now they get to experience it while watching someone else roll through it.
    3) Competence. It can be fun to watch someone that much better than you, as well as potentially educational. I've been poking around the Trials Fusion channels for that reason, watching the top guys blaze through Extreme tracks and gleaning a few more ideas from it.

I already had a Twitch account as well as a capture card, but having TA announce it means I'll want to stream more frequently. For the most part, I already do on the One, and getting set up on the 360 takes no time at all.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 August 14 at 12:07
    DrCanadianNinja said:LV 1 Blue Slime said:Dancing Rob said:maybe I'm just old, but I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in watching someone else play games, rather than just using the time to play themselves / watch a film / boxset instead.

1) Entertainment. If the player is simply that entertaining combined with the game, it can be just as much about the cult of personality.
    2) Story. I was streaming Catherine last month, and the majority of viewers had one of two comments. They wanted to play, but didn't because they were either bad at puzzle games or were put off by the difficult completion. Now they get to experience it while watching someone else roll through it.
    3) Competence. It can be fun to watch someone that much better than you, as well as potentially educational. I've been poking around the Trials Fusion channels for that reason, watching the top guys blaze through Extreme tracks and gleaning a few more ideas from it.

I already had a Twitch account as well as a capture card, but having TA announce it means I'll want to stream more frequently. For the most part, I already do on the One, and getting set up on the 360 takes no time at all.
    I know two more: time and money.

My brother-in-law has neither the time nor the money to play many games, but he likes to watch along with the games I play when I get something new and awesome.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
  • Nekro NekoNekro Neko399,982
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 12:21
    DrCanadianNinja said:LV 1 Blue Slime said:Dancing Rob said:maybe I'm just old, but I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in watching someone else play games, rather than just using the time to play themselves / watch a film / boxset instead.

I think you didn't mention the biggest reason for watching others play on the intertubes, Procrastination. This accounts for why most people watch things on YouTube, hang around on twitter or bundle around from site to site surfing the net to use that old internet adage.
    www.cyberscore.me.uk
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,305,297
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 12:24
    When I'm on the fence on getting a game or not, it's nice to see somebody live streaming it instead of a "polished up" YouTube trailer. Next to that I love speedruns on most games, seeing that on a live stream is pretty impressive. :)
    We're floating into the Sunset ~
  • ch1cag0stevech1cag0steve645,069
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 12:43
    Hanrec2 said:Dancing Rob said:maybe I'm just old, but I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in watching someone else play games, rather than just using the time to play themselves / watch a film / boxset instead.

Totally agree with this, I watch the ocassional walk through on YouTube when stuck on a level or need a solution. I habe only used twitch to see how a new game looks and feels like to play.
    same here. i clicked on it by mistake in the activity feed and i found a new way to see what a game looks like. I ended up buying 'Sixty Second Shooter Prime' as a result of twitch.
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob157,637
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 12:50
    @ Canadian Ninja

Fair points all, and as i said, you have to factor in that I'm late 30s, so definitely not the target audience.

The 'personalities' I'm aware of by word of mouth, such as KSI seem to be utter fuckwits of the highest order. Essentially, the sort of people I turn the TV/radio off the moment they appear, let alone actively seek out!

The story is an interesting one. the two games I'm most fond of from a story perspective are probably Deadly Premonition and Spec Ops the Line, both of which are only exceptional due to the fact you are playing them, rather than for the stories in their own right (at least to anyone who has seen Twin Peaks / Apocalypse Now). I'd also suggest something like Brothers would fit into this category, on which I can't say much more without spoilers.

The final walkthroughs/tips idea is the one I'd perhaps use, but I don't quite see what twitch offers over youtube on that front?
  • Posted on 31 August 14 at 16:08
    Used twitch a lot before it's a really good streaming platform.
  • acedawg4acedawg42,978,988
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 17:20
    Follow me on Twitch :-)
  • Posted on 31 August 14 at 18:13
    I remember using Justin.tv to broadcast my world record attempts at Dead Rising 6 years ago....
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
  • WAFFLETRAIN7997WAFFLETRAIN79971,460,385
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 18:21
    I use it for saving my greatest gaming moments so i can show my friends what i accomplished one of them was when i completed cloudberry kingdom. its also fun when people watch me suck at bad games.
    NUMBER 1 FOR DAT RATIO
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads