The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 2nd, 2014

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,143,673
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:19
    Gold members get Resident Evil & Persona whilst everyone else gets an Activision blow-out

Please click here to read the story: XBL Sale Roundup: September 2nd, 2014
  • PureEvil x21PureEvil x21274,048
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:24
    Might have to look into Bellator, Family Guy, and the Transformers games....
    See where you rank in your state for Gamerscore. Sign up here: http://xboxamerica.com/?r=stw-12083
  • thegoodnatethegoodnate393,707
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:27
    child of light is a bargain for £8.
    I got it on release day and it is still one of the best digital games on xbox one.

If you are a fan of RPG's and you dont have this yet... what are you waiting for?
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:29
    Can't decide if I want to pick up Prototype or not considering I beat the second one. Anyone have any recommendations on this?
  • MalazanMalazan528,103
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:34
    Resident Evil Revelations for me! Need to clean up some HDD space!
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,842,571
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:36
    Vigilante 8 for £1.69? It'd be rude not to.
    250 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • oMikeoMike959,505
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:39
    So the week I have no money Xbox bring out a rather good sale Child of Light &Transformers is really all I want tho I reckon transformers will be cheaper on disc.
    Add me on Xbox live if you want.
  • itz waz meitz waz me296,270
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:41
    Nothing for me this week. not from this sale at least.
    itz waz me
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:40
    No Activision DLC on sale :(
    GruffleGrinder
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,373,667
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:50, Edited on 02 September 14 at 13:52 by Geoffistopheles
    Flaming Jammers said:Can't decide if I want to pick up Prototype or not considering I beat the second one. Anyone have any recommendations on this?The first game is much harder than the original, usually in a frustrating way. There's many more enemies that are a threat through the entire game, and they like to throw a lot of them in at once, especially by late game. Rocket launchers are comparatively more difficult to counter, the shield is nowhere near as effective, and you don't get a dedicated dodge button, so prepare to get hit a lot. Devastators use HP, so unlike storing mass, you can only use them if you're doing amazing or about to die. Prototype 2 nailed the gameplay, so the original is going to feel dated and awkward.

Story, the game does it better. Mercer won't look familiar in the slightest based on Prototype 2, there's more going on than a simple revenge plot, and the Web of Intrigue plots things out better for you in breadcrumb style.

In short, the gameplay's more punishing than 2 but the story is better. If that's worth $5, then yes.

As for the sales, Vigilante 8 looks appealing, but the reviews that say it feels like a downgrade is disappointing and discouraging.
  • Otouto72Otouto721,621,333
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:53
    Finally the DLC for Bellator goes on sale with the game itself, declined last time because it wasn't but now I will be highly tempted to get it.
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink2,777,133
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:56
    I have a feeling Lococycle will be a Games With Gold soon.
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:58
    hmmm surprised cod ghosts wasn't listed in an activision sale.... would have liked to see dlcs up there but I will think about vigilante 8 for 2 bucks that sounds just right
    sugar is sweet lemons are sour spread your legs and feel my power :D
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:59
    How is CoD4 still $15 on demand? That's insane.
    This space for rent.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf682,369
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 13:59
    thegoodnate said:child of light is a bargain for £8.
    I got it on release day and it is still one of the best digital games on xbox one.

If you are a fan of RPG's and you dont have this yet... what are you waiting for?
    waiting for it to go free :)
  • Porygon ZzzPorygon Zzz2,547,257
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 14:03
    Is Child of Light worth the price or should I wait for it to potentially go to Games With Gold?

Really don't know whether to wait!
  • BrokenKnghtBrokenKnght342,282
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 14:03
    thegoodnate said:child of light is a bargain for £8.

So much this. I paid full price for it and I don't regret it one bit. Fantastic game. Get it now.
  • THEE G0NZTHEE G0NZ139,564
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 14:01
    Really €22.49 for COD WaW on sale when it's 6 years old lol.
  • RABBID W0LFRABBID W0LF207,751
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 14:07
    Another crappie sell! Thanks for saving me my money. winktoast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads